PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me find BLM land around Sacramento?

sactime
08-23-2007, 4:08 PM
I have been making calls through the directory for the Bureau of Land Management trying to find where I can go to do some target practice on federal land. No one has been able to help me, and I am sure someone on here knows where to go. Somewhere within an hour or so of Sacramento that is easy to get to (I don't want to bother crossing private property to get onto the BLM)

Thanks for any help.

CSDGuy
08-23-2007, 4:48 PM
I have heard that there is some of that land uphill in El Dorado County. I have no idea where it is as I have yet to go up there myself. There is a very nice outdoor range I go to though in Sac County. That's mostly the reason I haven't ventured that way.

emc002
08-23-2007, 5:09 PM
If you go to the County Assessor's office for any county, you can search all BLM land.
El Dorado, Amador, Calaveras (maybe Placer too?) counties are close and there's a ton of BLM land available. PG&E also has some lands where shooting is permitted.

Pthfndr
08-23-2007, 6:26 PM
If you just want to target practice, go to the Sac Valley Shooting Center. They have a 100 yard rifle range, and a 300 yard rifle range available to the public. If you become a member they have even longer ranges you can use.

You just can't shoot "stuff" there, or rapid fire.

sactime
08-23-2007, 6:47 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I found a place to go.