PDA

View Full Version : VP Biden “guarantees” sweeping firearms reform by end of January

donny douchebag
01-03-2013, 1:44 PM
“He said, ‘Tommy, I guarantee you, we’ll get it done by the end of January,’” Menino said at City Hall today. “They’re going to get it done.”

http://tinyurl.com/agwmxv4

RMP91
01-03-2013, 1:56 PM
Take whatever Joe says with a grain of salt... Just sayin' ;)

5thgen4runner
01-03-2013, 2:01 PM
I guarantee him I don't give a ****.

Cobrafreak
01-03-2013, 2:02 PM
They can try, but this is not 1994. Things have changed a little.

nothinghere2c
01-03-2013, 2:02 PM
atta boy joe!

donw
01-03-2013, 2:07 PM
joe biden belongs in an institution for the mentally incompetent...

Akers
01-03-2013, 2:09 PM
Is this the old secret service guy that stands behind Obama and never talks?

CrazyPhuD
01-03-2013, 3:00 PM
And people wonder why no one takes Vice Presidents seriously....

killmime1234
01-03-2013, 3:15 PM
Aw, I think it's cute the little guy's trying to do something big with his nice shiny title.

hornswaggled
01-03-2013, 3:16 PM
You tell em Joe.

tcrpe
01-03-2013, 3:18 PM
:twoweeks:

mosinnagantm9130
01-03-2013, 3:38 PM
:twoweeks:

^^This

ScottB
01-03-2013, 3:44 PM
I telling you guys, don't underestimate Biden. Did you see how fast he did an end run around Reid and got a deal on the fiscal cliff? It was mere hours. The vote was 89-8 in a supposedly hopelessly partisan and deadlocked Senate. And the no votes were evenly split. Reid's eyeballs are still spinning.

Nobody thought to '94 ban would pass either and that was an election year. This time they are looking at two years for things to calm down before the next election. The swing votes will be looking at all the goodies they will be promised and doing some serious political math.

Capybara
01-03-2013, 3:55 PM
The way our government works nowadays, all of the old rules don't seem to apply anymore. Keep in mind this is the administration of criminals that came up with Fast and Furious, Benghazi, etc. Keep in mind also that this government regards the Constitution as so much toilet paper.

Sure Biden is a Senile nincompoop who should be in a geriatric facility with Feinstein but these idiots are who the American electorate put into power. Now we reap their "output".

OneAvgWhiteGuy
01-03-2013, 3:57 PM
Death and taxes. The only 2 guarantees in this world.

sfpcservice
01-03-2013, 4:10 PM
By sweeping reform does he mean a win in the 9th district for shall issue concealed carry?

dg29
01-03-2013, 4:19 PM
Joe's on the job......and he did a great job with that "Summer of Recovery" that barry put him in charge of. Expect big things from him.....because "This is a big F'n deal!"

OleCuss
01-03-2013, 4:36 PM
I'd not ignore Biden on this. He knows an awful lot of the stakeholders in the Congress and certainly knows how to maneuver in the Senate. He may be an idiot, but he is an idiot with friends and he knows how to punch the buttons.

Put this together with DiFi's delay of introducing legislation until the 22nd? We may be starting to get some idea of what they plan to do - and it should not be quickly dismissed.

You could be seeing some relatively minor modifications of DiFi's legislation and a plan to introduce it as "emergency" legislation. If it does pass the Senate with a pretty good majority (you should bet Biden is working on that right now), then there will be a huge amount of pressure put on the House to pass the bill.

Since they got Boehner to roll over on the "Fiscal Cliff" stuff when he was put under pressure you should bet that they are thinking they can get the same thing to happen again.

Boehner agrees to a vote, almost every single Democrat votes for the bill along with a minority of "moderate" Republicans - and you have a bill killing our rights signed by Obama.

And since it is introduced as "emergency" legislation and is billed as such, if they don't get passage of the bill - then Obama may figure he can get away with simply changing the regulatory scheme all out of proportion and issue an executive order(s) to effectively do the DiFi thing by fiat.

I don't think Obama and DiFi will succeed, but I'm not going to bet a whole lot of money against them.

One other thing? Maybe I'm beginning to think like a conspiracist, but I'd not be surprised if Obama's people weren't getting advice on legislation from Kagan and/or other leftists on the SCOTUS. I know, I know, the Supremes won't do that - but there've been a time or two when it looked a lot like Kagan and/or her staff had worked on cases prior to her being seated on the Court without a subsequent recusal. It may be that her ethics are very, very good, but I'm not betting on it at this time.

Surfdog
01-03-2013, 4:39 PM
By sweeping reform does he mean a win in the 9th district for shall issue concealed carry?

Lol!

Moonshine
01-03-2013, 4:40 PM
THIS JUST IN: Joe Biden guarantees record gun sales and prices throughout January. Are they even aware that by making people paranoid they are selling 3-4 years worth of guns in a 1-2 month period?

sass2924
01-03-2013, 4:42 PM
He was able to work with McConnell and work out a deal on the "fiscal cliff" so he can get some things done.

Vlad 11
01-03-2013, 4:43 PM
Here is Joes reaction to reading the Second Amendment

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg298/ImperialKing1/bidenlaugh-421.gif

speedrrracer
01-03-2013, 4:44 PM
Biden knows how the crappy sewer of DC works. If the Dems want this really bad, they can promise lots of pork projects to the Rep's home state in exchange for key votes.

Write your Congresscritters...

chiselchst
01-03-2013, 6:34 PM
I don't think Obama and DiFi will succeed, but I'm not going to bet a whole lot of money against them.

One other thing? Maybe I'm beginning to think like a conspiracist, but I'd not be surprised if Obama's people weren't getting advice on legislation from Kagan and/or other leftists on the SCOTUS. I know, I know, the Supremes won't do that - but there've been a time or two when it looked a lot like Kagan and/or her staff had worked on cases prior to her being seated on the Court without a subsequent recusal. It may be that her ethics are very, very good, but I'm not betting on it at this time.

I am, and I'm willing to go all in, LOL :eek:

On your second paragraph, Lordy - I hope that's not the case.

(Ole Cuss; always valued and appreciated your insight. Mucho respect I have for you...for the record. Thanks for your contributions here)

OleCuss
01-03-2013, 6:58 PM
I am, and I'm willing to go all in, LOL :eek:

I hope you win any such bet!

Neil McCauley
01-03-2013, 7:32 PM
Scary indeed.

odysseus
01-03-2013, 7:36 PM
Who knows what the Obama Administration and the DNC will sell around the Beltway to make some kind of deal that makes them win headlines.

ScottB
01-03-2013, 7:39 PM
All politics is deal making.

nicki
01-03-2013, 8:27 PM
Hey Joe, ever here of the word "Filibuster".:43:

Here is what I guarantee Joe.

Legislation will get bogged up in the Senate, so called Dems who have said that Sandy Hook changed everything are going to look for a way out of your "firearms reforms".

Your Democratic pals in California, Illonis and New York just couldn't contain themselves, so the battle is more than a few ugly guns, it is the whole second amendment.

American people are voting with their wallets and what we are seeing is record gun sales. Guess what those new gun buyers think of your sweeping reforms and how they are going to vote in 2014.

You have always put your foot in your mouth and you don't disappoint.;)

Nicki

tcrpe
01-03-2013, 8:30 PM

Here is what I guarantee Joe.

Legislation will get bogged up in the Senate, so called Dems who have said that Sandy Hook changed everything are going to look for a way out of your "firearms reforms".

Your Democratic pals in California, Illonis and New York just couldn't contain themselves, so the battle is more than a few ugly guns, it is the whole second amendment.

American people are voting with their wallets and what we are seeing is record gun sales. Guess what those new gun buyers think of your sweeping reforms and how they are going to vote in 2014.

You have always put your foot in your mouth and you don't disappoint.;)

Nicki

Nicki, those gun buyers are a very, very small minority.

CharlesV
01-03-2013, 8:39 PM
Go ahead, JOE, but know that them er fightin' words.

CharlesV
01-03-2013, 8:43 PM
Dont ignore or laugh off these things. Instead, each time they make one statement like that, send 10 emails or calls.

What we all ought to do is start email bombing Biden. Let him get 1000 emails per hour from the gun community, not to mention Feinstein.

Dont sit on this situation, stand up now.

ScottB
01-03-2013, 8:57 PM
Nicki,

"Joe" spent 36 years in the Senate and chaired several top tier committees (e.g. Foreign Relations and Judiciary Committes). He is very well liked and influential there - on both sides of the aisle. He knows all about filibusters and how to move legislation.

We all like to laugh because he's a gregarious back slapper who sticks his foot in his mouth occasionaly, but he's also probably as powerful a VP as Cheney was.

We all think we can probably stop most of this nonsense, but you laugh him off at your peril.

VW*Mike
01-03-2013, 9:08 PM
Remember people, there is a big difference in a "fiscal cliff" that can cause huge problems for our countries economy that's on life support, and attempting to strip law abiding citizens of their Constitutional Rights. Night and day, apples and Oranges. Just because they got votes and the speaker of the house to roll over on a spending bill before business went into a tailspin, doesn't mean they will get any traction attacking the 2A. I assume, the amount of email, phone calls, and letters they will receive for 2A, will vastly exceed any contact for the "fiscal cliff"

kimber_ss
01-03-2013, 9:09 PM
He's a looker :shifty:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwa2qIGvHyP1EsgASWwxV__FXgvKNDW PGLBEZ76z68farWRMmP

LoneYote
01-03-2013, 9:15 PM
Dont ignore or laugh off these things. Instead, each time they make one statement like that, send 10 emails or calls.

What we all ought to do is start email bombing Biden. Let him get 1000 emails per hour from the gun community, not to mention Feinstein.

Dont sit on this situation, stand up now.

I'm sure her aids simply send all correspondence directly to trash since she no doubt believes herself invulnerable... How long has she held office??? 20 years?!?

LOW2000
01-03-2013, 9:19 PM
The paper tiger of "shall not be infringed" isn't going to stop this.

Where is the open disobeying of the NFA? GCA? the 94 AWB?

When people are arrested for any of these issues, is there any retribution? No, never. Something will make it through, some "compromise" will be worked out for the children, and everyone will take it, like we have been trained to do.

odysseus
01-03-2013, 9:23 PM

You do know that Reid has been working to change out the large majority requirement over filibuster and weaken those Senate filibuster rights? He will be pushing this soon.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/op-ed-harry-reids-filibuster-plan-and-the-supreme-court/article/2517306

tcrpe
01-03-2013, 9:27 PM
As the Democrats' plan to strip our rights unfolds, we'll see a combination of new legislation, new regulations from more than one agency, and Executive Orders. This will be sold to us by the relentless propaganda of a compliant MSM. Most in this country will celebrate their new found safety and security.

Most of the planning has already been done, over the last four years.

It will be aimed directly at your legally possessed firearms, and any mental health activities will be infinitesimal or non-existant.

There will be additional hammering of felons in possession, but that's where addressing the criminal element will stop.

The paper tiger of "shall not be infringed" isn't going to stop this.

Where is the open disobeying of the NFA? GCA? the 94 AWB?

When people are arrested for any of these issues, is there any retribution? No, never. Something will make it through, some "compromise" will be worked out for the children, and everyone will take it, like we have been trained to do.

stix213
01-03-2013, 9:30 PM
Death and taxes. The only 2 guarantees in this world.

Unless you're General Electric

nicki
01-03-2013, 10:15 PM
You do know that Reid has been working to change out the large majority requirement over filibuster and weaken those Senate filibuster rights? He will be pushing this soon.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/op-ed-harry-reids-filibuster-plan-and-the-supreme-court/article/2517306

Here is the thing, he probably won't because for all his public talk, he may figure he will need it after the 2015 elections.;)

The republicans still control the house and there will be some kind of "blowback" in the house if he does.

Nicki