PDA

View Full Version : FBI: Hammers, Clubs Kill More People Than Rifles, Shotguns

SWMP15
01-03-2013, 1:40 PM
It will be interesting to see how this will be ignored by the gun grabbers.....

Reported today: FBI: Hammers, Clubs Kill More People Than Rifles, Shotguns

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/03/fbi-hammers-clubs-kill-more-people-than-rifles-shotguns/

DrDavid
01-03-2013, 2:01 PM
ZOMG! Let's ban evil hammers and clubs now!

While we're at it, didn't box cutters cause the largest single loss of life at one time in recent US history? Ban those too...

SickofSoCal
01-03-2013, 2:01 PM
How many Americans are killed by fists? We should outlaw fists.

Holy crap, there is it right there....726

Hands, fists, & feet killed more people in America in 2011 than rifles & shotguns combined!

PhillyGunner
01-03-2013, 2:13 PM
ZOMG! Let's ban evil hammers and clubs now!

While we're at it, didn't box cutters cause the largest single loss of life at one time in recent US history? Ban those too...

They DID! For 10 years I have been unable to find ANY Stanley Lightweight Aluminum retractable blade Wall-board knives. Good thing I already owned (2), in case one breaks, as they are as essential to my daily work as my hammer... guess I should get a lock box for the truck in case I get pulled over on my way home from work and asked if I possess any weapons.

Good Grief. Am I going to have to Register these now, too?

myk
01-03-2013, 2:15 PM
Yes, let's go ahead and ban everything-you KNOW that anti's would do that if they could. The funny thing is if they DID ban everything we would still have crime but with everything banned we would be left with the real cause of crime from the beginning: PEOPLE...

SickofSoCal
01-03-2013, 2:21 PM
Yes, let's go ahead and ban everything-you KNOW that anti's would do that if they could. The funny thing is if they DID ban everything we would still have crime but with everything banned we would be left with the real cause of crime from the beginning: PEOPLE...

See above.

Fists & feet are already more deadly in America than rifles and shotguns combined!

myk
01-03-2013, 2:23 PM
See above.

Fists & feet are already more deadly in America than rifles and shotguns combined!

That's my point-we could ban every inanimate object under the sun that could be used as a weapon and we'd STILL have crime, and why? Because PEOPLE are the cause of violence, gun or otherwise...

artoaster
01-03-2013, 2:25 PM
Right now I just wanna ban Senator Leland Yee and Senator Feinstein under the Stupid Politician Ban!

There will be others outlawed, banned and sent to unemployment lines as well. We just need more help to do this. :)

Hogstir
01-03-2013, 2:31 PM
"Even as gun purchases rise, the share of U.S. households with a gun has been falling for decades, from 54 percent in 1977 to 32 percent in 2010, according to the University of Chicago’s General Social Survey."

I was surprised at that as I know a lot of people that have purchased their first firearm in the last year.
Then I saw who's survey they got that from.. Big Surprise "Not"

stix213
01-03-2013, 3:01 PM
All hammers need NFA registration and a child safety lock now. Anyone who disagrees is racist.

Shane916
01-03-2013, 3:16 PM
1 death from a "Sniper Attack" and it was done with a handgun :eek::shrug:

cleonard
01-03-2013, 3:20 PM
Clubs or a hammer could be construed as a violation of PC12020 if they are possessed as a weapon. Carrying a bat to a baseball game is OK. Walking the streets at 2AM with a bat is not.

CSACANNONEER
01-03-2013, 3:21 PM
Am I reading the stats right?

There was only one "sniper attack" and only a handgun was used?

There were 22 "insitutional killings" and not one involved a firearm. Are these just jail/prision killings or all murders committed at any institution (like a school)?

Edit: Damn it Shane916! You beat me to it.

Mikeb
01-03-2013, 3:23 PM
I was thinking about this today. It occurred to me that the only dangerous weapon is the human mind. Fortunately most of the people in California don't carry. In fact most of the voters here seem to have turned theirs in. I wonder if they got a gift card?
take care
Mike

5thgen4runner
01-03-2013, 3:30 PM
1 death from a "Sniper Attack" and it was done with a handgun :eek::shrug:

Yes snipes only carry handguns if you didn't know that, you suck...

Hehe

trouble
01-03-2013, 3:31 PM
"Even as gun purchases rise, the share of U.S. households with a gun has been falling for decades, from 54 percent in 1977 to 32 percent in 2010, according to the University of Chicago’s General Social Survey."

I was surprised at that as I know a lot of people that have purchased their first firearm in the last year.
Then I saw who's survey they got that from.. Big Surprise "Not"

Same reaction here, four people I know just bought their first. Yet in several studies I've seen ownership by household declining. Despite record sales? Anybody know the reason why the data is odd? Or have some better surveys?