PDA

View Full Version : AW legislation will be introduced 1/22/13

franklinarmory
01-03-2013, 11:07 AM
I suspect that Librarian will punt this to OT, but DiFi's office states that the proposed AW legislation will not be introduced today. According to the SF office staffer I spoke with, it will be introduced on approximately 1/22/13.

SparkYZ
01-03-2013, 11:26 AM
After she swore up and down that it was gonna be introduced the first day of the new congress? Wonder if she's having second thoughts....

No, she wants our guns and will never stop

weix11
01-03-2013, 11:29 AM
I suppose that's good for us, since the gun control debate has been simmering down and public opinion polls hopefully will start shifting to our side.

cleonard
01-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Probably due to the realization that the bill had no chance of passage in it's current form. I expect that whatever is introduced will be significantly watered down.

OleCuss
01-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Not likely to be watered down. She's looking at news cycles and coordinating with Obama in an attempt to get maximum exposure while not interfering with Obama's other priorities.

I'll be very interested in seeing what Obama has planned for the intervening time period. I probably won't like it. . .

abcsfamilyman
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Oh god I hope she doesn't get any dumb ideas from Illinois! These are frightening times after these people voted this in. I can't wait to hear the third and final round of votes from today...

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/1/illinois-gun-and-magazine-ban-and-registration-schemes-pass-in-senate-public-health-committee-tonight-in-springfield.aspx

cyberpuppy42
01-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm guessing she's waiting to make sure she gets a feel for the new Congress that was just sworn in.

sharxbyte
01-03-2013, 12:03 PM
signed up for her updates... Makes me almost physically sick.

Carnivore
01-03-2013, 12:10 PM
She is working her time in to HOPE that another shooting happens and can capitalize on that. Never underestimate their ability to unitize a tragedy.

Regulus
01-03-2013, 12:23 PM
She is working her time in to HOPE that another shooting happens and can capitalize on that. Never underestimate their ability to unitize a tragedy.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read about her postponing it.

jwkincal
01-03-2013, 12:34 PM
She's delaying so that her bill can be introduced as one of Biden's committee recommendations.

taperxz
01-03-2013, 12:39 PM
She is also waiting for the new congress to be sworn in today so they can get to work in the following weeks. Even Hurricane Sandy relief won't be voted on until mid January, and thats a real priority.

stix213
01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Probably waiting until the Old Joe committee finishes

NotEnufGarage
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
I suspect that Librarian will punt this to OT, but DiFi's office states that the proposed AW legislation will not be introduced today. According to the SF office staffer I spoke with, it will be introduced on approximately 1/22/13.

If you suspected it'd be sent to O/T, why didn't you post it there in the first place?

ThemBastards
01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
The uncertainty will prolong the rush on ammo and firearms though.

ThemBastards
01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
If you suspected it'd be sent to O/T, why didn't you post it there in the first place?

I wouldn't have seen it in OT so I am glad he posted it here.

mag360
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
This is when they pay someone to shoot up a maternity ward to seal their end game. By any means.

Capt.Dunsel
01-03-2013, 12:54 PM
You REALLY expected DiFi ( a politian) to keep her word?

Better rethink it I think.

bigcalidave
01-03-2013, 12:56 PM
As I just posted on facebook, the media isn't talking about guns right now. No media, no attention. They can bring it back up later, but something else will happen (fiscal cliff) and distract them.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/gun-control-doesnt-survive-christmas-153146.html?ml=po_r

http://images.politico.com/global/2013/01/02/guncontrol.jpg

Surfdog
01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Her delay is, if anything, about winding the spring tighter.

Vlad 11
01-03-2013, 1:14 PM
They are deviously concocting something I'm sure.

When is this years State of the Union Address? That ought to be a doozy

monorailboy
01-03-2013, 1:14 PM
The media isn't speaking of increased gun ownership in the country and how these morons are driving private ownership thru the roof. In December, FBI background checks were close to 3 million !! that is not per gun, but per person buying a gun or multiple guns at one transaction. We need all these new owners to join the NRA as I beleive they are our only voice of any reason to help us fight the crazy's after our weapons rights !! I keep seeing a Duracoat ad where they estimate that private gun ownership in the country today is approx. 500 million !!!

pdugan6
01-03-2013, 1:39 PM
Not likely to be watered down. She's looking at news cycles and coordinating with Obama in an attempt to get maximum exposure while not interfering with Obama's other priorities.

I'll be very interested in seeing what Obama has planned for the intervening time period. I probably won't like it. . .

I know i wont like it.:mad:

Moonshine
01-03-2013, 1:44 PM
Waiting has its good point and bad points.

Good - the news media has died down considerably on the gun control issue and new seasons of many TV shows have turned away the steeples attention (I'm surprised they could pay attention for 2 whole weeks!)

Bad - another mass shooting (especially one involving children) would be the nail in the coffin. I truly hope those with CCWs remain vigilant and gun owners who have mentally ill family members keep their firearms safely stored.

formerTexan
01-03-2013, 1:47 PM
Two things that make it worth waiting:
1. The debt ceiling fight is a loser for the current regime. They need a distraction so they can point the finger at the GOP for something.
2. As mentioned by others, waiting for another "crisis" so it doesn't go to waste.

Dantedamean
01-03-2013, 2:40 PM
Wow, she talks a big game.

Mitch
01-03-2013, 2:48 PM

Librarian has a couple more weeks of playing whack-a-mole with AWB threads..

Excelsior
01-03-2013, 2:53 PM
If they wait until 1/22/13 it shows to me that they effectively conceeding.

If Obama was truly serious about gun control, I don't believe he would have anointed Feinstein as the cause's color-bearer. She is extremely divisive and painfully obtuse. I think he would have chosen one of many with far greater PR abilities.

I think Obama wants this issue to die down and go away quietly. He's simply too concerned about the damage it might do to him and his party. He might also actually realize that gun control does not work...

Excelsior
01-03-2013, 2:56 PM
They are deviously concocting something I'm sure.

When is this years State of the Union Address? That ought to be a doozy

Quite likely a quiet way to distance themselves from "gun control." Feinstein is doing as she is told. Why wait? Because Obama says so...

Excelsior
01-03-2013, 2:57 PM

Because it belong here?

Librarian
01-03-2013, 3:00 PM
Librarian has a couple more weeks of playing whack-a-mole with AWB threads..

Sigh; probably so.

Evidence suggests nobody reads and believes, but really folks, nothing to talk about re DiFi AWB until the bill is actually introduced. All fantasy, fear, and speculation goes to OT.