PDA

View Full Version : A Sellout, A Panic, or A War?

scarville
01-03-2013, 8:52 AM
From The Tactical Wire

We began our annual hiatus with the distribution of our Friday, December 14 edition. Only a few hours later, a disturbed kid and his stolen guns rampaging at Sandy Hook Elementary School in suburban Connecticut may have single-handedly reversed the political landscape for gun owners.

Trying to put the happenings, hysteria and hype of the past few days in perspective isn't going to happen in in a single column. Only time will put this in perspective.

Since the shooting the market for guns in an already hot marketplace has superheated. Literally anything that attaches to, feeds, or otherwise supports the function of the modern sporting rifle has been snapped up by gun owners concerned that big changes are ahead. Ditto ammunition and many handguns like those carried by the military and police officers.

Barring our changing the way we deal with a crisis like this one, those changes are more than a possibility.

Today, Senator Dianne Feinstein will introduce proposed legislation that would impact every gun owner. If you've not already read her bill, I'd direct you to Feinstein's Senate website for her identification of the bill's key elements:

Read the rest here: http://www.thetacticalwire.com/features/226905

SanPedroShooter
01-03-2013, 8:59 AM
Excellent article.

omnitravis
01-03-2013, 9:00 AM
Excellent article.

+1
Pretty inspiring, I think I am going to fire off a few emails today once I make my coffee.

SanPedroShooter
01-03-2013, 9:05 AM
+1
Pretty inspiring, I think I am going to fire off a few emails today once I make my coffee.

Please do that.

chris
01-03-2013, 9:09 AM
Good article. This time it will be different.

omnitravis
01-03-2013, 9:47 AM
I just wrote Frankentstein. I swear I saw some list here of people/organizations to email, anyone know someone else I can write or a petition to sign online somewhere?

scarville
01-03-2013, 10:27 AM
+1

Earlier I started a thread with a link to an article with some advice on how to write your representative. The author thinks emails are one of the best ways and offer some suggestions on how to construct one for better impact.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=668958

Remember that it is all about numbers and elections to the politicians.

ExtremeX
01-03-2013, 11:56 AM
bump for a good read