PDA

View Full Version : FPC Blog: The new gun rights culture is worth fighting for – and we’re winning

wildhawker
01-03-2013, 6:26 AM
If you’ve spent any time reading newspapers, listening to the radio, or scanning the Interwebs lately, it’s apparent that American gun owners have a significant challenge ahead to defend the Constitutionally-enshrined fundamental (read: inalienable) right that secures all of the others. That’s doubly true for residents of states like gun-ban happy California and Illinois, places where ‘logic’ means doing more of what provably doesn’t work.

Our answer to these calls for a coordinated assault on our individual liberty, is, of course, the truth. And old-fashioned hard work – lots of it. Those are the underpinnings of FPC, and I’m proud to say that our team, both staffers and volunteers, are committed to bringing truth and hard work to the table in abundance over the coming months and years. We’ve set out on a course to unite like-minded organizations and people across the United States for one singular purpose: defend our – your – Second Amendment rights.

Read more at http://www.firearmspolicy.org/2013/01/fpc-blog-the-new-gun-rights-culture-is-worth-fighting-for-and-were-winning.

Hope you enjoy; I welcome your feedback.

-Brandon

NickMc
01-03-2013, 7:06 AM
Excellent entry, upbeat and encouraging...
It takes the edge off the impending doom I'm feeling.

One thing; I think you meant "white male" not "while male"

wildhawker
01-03-2013, 7:16 AM
Excellent entry, upbeat and encouraging...
It takes the edge off the impending doom I'm feeling.

One thing; I think you meant "white male" not "while male"

Doh! Fixed, and thanks.

-Brandon

NickMc
01-03-2013, 7:46 AM
Anytime! It was inspiring.

I'm already a member of CGF, NRA, and GOA.
So I joined my family up to a membership in CRPA.

I think I'll go sign-up for SAF.

I'm not even Jewish but maybe even JPFO?
I wonder if you get a shooting yamaka instead of a cap?
I must say their tag-line was a good laugh; "Gun control is not kosher."

NickMc
01-03-2013, 7:46 AM
bonus post

PsychGuy274
01-03-2013, 8:10 AM
Doh! Fixed, and thanks.

-Brandon

Brandon, have you been drinking bourbon again? :D

chiselchst
01-03-2013, 8:11 AM
FPC Blog: The new gun rights culture is worth fighting for – and we’re winning

Thanks for that Brandon. It's nice to see a positive, reinforcing message, to remind folks that we are winning.

Irrational thinking and panic are not not warranted now or in the forceable future, IMHO. Folks shouldn't be assuming we're losing this battle, or will lose.

Now is a key time for everyone to support protection of the 2A and join together. We are NOT losing... :oji: :D

PS Nice videos, I hope more are planned.

Write Winger
01-03-2013, 8:15 AM
Posts about articles, even by Brandon, that are used merely to rally the soldiers and make us feel better will be moved to OT...

Jk :D

wildhawker
01-03-2013, 8:31 AM
Brandon, have you been drinking bourbon again? :D

Me? Never!
:shifty:
-Brandon

kaligaran
01-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Great article.

And I love the new site. Already signed up.

SuperSet
01-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Excellent blog, Brandon. You should do more interviews so Gene doesn't get all the face time. :)

wildhawker
01-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Excellent blog, Brandon. You should do more interviews so Gene doesn't get all the face time. :)

Thank you. Gene's face is prettier, so he gets more cameras.

-Brandon

FatCity67
01-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Nice.

New to get a new lexemes out like "RKBA moms" or something along those lines.

curtisfong
01-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Awesome.

Please make sure you can get airtime too.

All i've been hearing on the news and NPR, etc is interviews with VPC or Brady people.

The garbage they spew is almost invariably completely unopposed. This MUST CHANGE.

wildhawker
01-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Awesome.

Please make sure you can get airtime too.

All i've been hearing on the news and NPR, etc is interviews with VPC or Brady people.

The garbage they spew is almost invariably completely unopposed. This MUST CHANGE.

Alan, Dave, Gene, and I were doing 2-5 a day for a while... now buried under a pile of media BS. We will take every opportunity to counter the outright drivel that Brady et al are serving upon the people.

-Brandon

curtisfong
01-03-2013, 8:53 PM
Brandon: Can you please make sure the various Socal and SF NPR affiliates know to contact you?

All the major NPR programs (fresh air, which way la, ATC, etc.) have featured Brady/VPC folk entirely unopposed.

I've tried to make sure the people i know in the major tv broadcast news outlets contact you, but i don't know anybody at any NPR stations.