PDA

View Full Version : Peaceful Demonstration in LA to protect our 2A.

DvlFig
01-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Facebook Event Page (https://www.facebook.com/events/404580092955869/)

"Friday, February, 8th 2013 @ 10AM. This protest as well as all others in all 50 states are scheduled for this day in response to http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sen-feinstein-posts-proposed-assault-weapons-legislation-and-it-includes-provisions-on-handguns-and-grandfathered-weapons/ ."

I'm down. I wanted to share this with you guys, maybe some will be interested. I'm not the organizer by the way.

Spawn
01-03-2013, 1:07 AM
Awesome.

Kingofthehill
01-03-2013, 1:13 AM
IN!

Come on guys, spread the word. Lets use the Social Media to try and turn the misinformation they have blasted us with against them. Step up or shut up IMO.

kel-tec-innovations
01-03-2013, 1:15 AM
Many demonstrations out there but media refuses to cover them, or if they do very very brief. ^ social media is the way to go.

Best of luck

Carnivore
01-03-2013, 4:10 AM
Ya jumping the gun just a tad. When the queen actually submits something and it looks like there is some push then I would be interested. Till then I am armchair optimist that she won't get the votes in the Senate to get the job done.

Kingofthehill
01-03-2013, 4:45 PM
Ya jumping the gun just a tad. When the queen actually submits something and it looks like there is some push then I would be interested. Till then I am armchair optimist that she won't get the votes in the Senate to get the job done.

Sadly this is going to divide gun owners in CA just like the unloaded open carry movement here.

IMO its a 50/50 shot and i can see your point but i also see the need to jump on this before it gets out of hand. If my neighbors house is on fire im not going to wait for my house to start burning before i evacuate my family.

Im down for a DC rally :cool2: But maybe when Obama's back from Vacation :mad:

bwiese
01-03-2013, 5:21 PM
o noes not this crap again.... <<bangs head on table>>

CCWFacts
01-03-2013, 5:26 PM
o noes not this crap again.... <<bangs head on table>>

Ditto.

Please, don't go! Instead, spend your Saturday taking a non-shooting friend to the range. These marches and protests are ineffective at best.

Staticsouls
01-03-2013, 5:37 PM
I haven't seen any info as to where. I live in oc

Glock22Fan
01-03-2013, 5:42 PM
It does not matter what the march or demonstration is, I automatically think "What a bunch of idiots." The protesting mob's IQ rating always appears to go down to single digits, no matter the cause.

Considering that in this case the media will edit the heck out of it with the deliberate intent of making the protesters look like idiots no matter whether they are all nuclear scientists in real life or not, make that a bunch of double idiots.

Aidenpeacemaker
01-03-2013, 6:52 PM
I am in

Rossi357
01-03-2013, 7:43 PM
They usually interview a bunch of people and then air the idiot of the group.

Carnivore
01-04-2013, 12:30 AM
Sadly this is going to divide gun owners in CA just like the unloaded open carry movement here.

IMO its a 50/50 shot and i can see your point but i also see the need to jump on this before it gets out of hand. If my neighbors house is on fire im not going to wait for my house to start burning before i evacuate my family.

Im down for a DC rally :cool2: But maybe when Obama's back from Vacation :mad:

No in this case you are evacuating because there is smoke and someone is yelling fire...until you know it is the house and not just a BBQ you are jumping the gun just a bit. It is already out of hand and until we have something to hold over them to get them to change their minds we are in for a long battle. Personally I don't think they are going to have the mustard to get it done but if they do a march on anything before or after is wasted resources and time. This battle will only be won in the courts as the politicians will only use it to curry more favor or money and in the end that is votes.

SilverTauron
01-04-2013, 6:55 AM
Facebook Event Page (https://www.facebook.com/events/404580092955869/)

"Friday, February, 8th 2013 @ 10AM. This protest as well as all others in all 50 states are scheduled for this day in response to http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sen-feinstein-posts-proposed-assault-weapons-legislation-and-it-includes-provisions-on-handguns-and-grandfathered-weapons/ ."

I'm down. I wanted to share this with you guys, maybe some will be interested. I'm not the organizer by the way.

Good luck with your anti-gun protest. Hope this helps the anti's as much as you want it too!Stick it to the NRA!

Sorry, but that's exactly what your protest will do even if you do have good intentions. Channel 2 will cut the tape to make your group look like a bunch of anarchists , or they won't run a story at all if they can't find a designated idiot.

Without support of the media, public demonstration for the RKBA is like a tree falling in a forest without witnesses. If no one sees it and no one hears it, will the protest have achieved its goals?

AyatollahGondola
01-04-2013, 7:24 AM
They usually interview a bunch of people and then air the idiot of the group.

That applies to congress as well. they still get laws passed

dr16o49
01-04-2013, 7:53 AM
I hate to say it guys,and gals, but to be honest, if all gun owners marched together, I mean all, as in those milion mom crap, it would be effective. Its the dont go, dont bother, divide and conquer. Here is the way it plays out, Not so many show up, due to the ineffective communication and cohesiveness of gun owners. So, the media plays the, (chuckle) Only a couple hundred showed up. Then, next step up, to a couple thousand the media plays the crazy gun owner card, But when it goes into the hundreds of thousands, and streets are shut down, the coverage will be edited, but the effectiveness on the politicans will be there. That is why we need a "Millions march on washington."