PDA

View Full Version : There are so REALLY decent cops out there!!

Kid Stanislaus
01-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Check out this sheriff who steps right up and defends we mere citizen's 2nd Amendment rights. :)

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/dana-safety-supply-stops-selling-semi-auto-rifles-to-civilians-so-sheriff-pulls-his-business/

nothing4u
01-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Ummm. That's not good. I hope that company doesn't owns Palmetto State Armory. Cause one of their listed holdings is less than 1 mile from PSA. Say it ain't so.

Kingofthehill
01-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Way to go Sheriff!

lethalb18c1
01-03-2013, 1:44 AM
I'm glad we have him on our side!

mag360
01-03-2013, 7:40 AM
Not affilliated with palmetto state armory

JamesH
01-03-2013, 8:02 AM
In response to a thank you email I've sent to Sheriff Scott Berry :

" Thank you for your kind words. Here in Oconee County I expect and hope all my law abiding citizens are armed…."

Scott

morfeeis
01-03-2013, 8:08 AM
In response to a thank you email I've sent to Sheriff Scott Berry ( sberry@oconeesheriff.org) :

" Thank you for your kind words. Here in Oconee County I expect and hope all my law abiding citizens are armed…."

Scott
just sent him one too....

sheriffoconee
01-03-2013, 9:45 AM
I figured I had better join ya'll. Thank you for the emails and kind words.....I truly appreciate them......
I thought ya'll might want to enjoy the "negative" email I got, and the reply

Frances,
Just as I support the 2nd amendment to the Constitution, I support your right to disagree with me. I truly regret you seem incapable of disagreeing without being disagreeable.
Sheriff Scott Berry
For what it is worth, I have been elected 6 times, this last time with a two to one margin. I am the past President of the Georgia Sheriffs Association.

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:25 PM
To: sberry@oconeesheriff.org
Subject: Dana Safety Supply

I read what you decided to do when DSS decided not to sell self loading weapons to the general public. If you think your little agency is gonna break them you are mistaken. But... you damned well better hope one of your deputies isn't killed or wounded by a bad guy with a self loading weapon. You really are a jerk and I don't know how you got elected but I sure hope they get rid of you next time around. You are exactly the low mentality person we do not need in charge of anything.

Frances Mullane
Jupiter FL..

OleCuss
01-03-2013, 9:56 AM
Thank you for joining us and for your commitment to freedom!

sheriffoconee
01-03-2013, 9:58 AM
I have to say that I had NO idea that email would spread like it did...I posted it on GeorgiaPacking.org and next thing I knew I was blown away

PsychGuy274
01-03-2013, 10:15 AM
I figured I had better join ya'll. Thank you for the emails and kind words.....I truly appreciate them......

Frances,
Just as I support the 2nd amendment to the Constitution, I support your right to disagree with me. I truly regret you seem incapable of disagreeing without being disagreeable.
Sheriff Scott Berry
For what it is worth, I have been elected 6 times, this last time with a two to one margin. I am the past President of the Georgia Sheriffs Association.

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:25 PM

I read what you decided to do when DSS decided not to sell self loading weapons to the general public. If you think your little agency is gonna break them you are mistaken. But... you damned well better hope one of your deputies isn't killed or wounded by a bad guy with a self loading weapon. You really are a jerk and I don't know how you got elected but I sure hope they get rid of you next time around. You are exactly the low mentality person we do not need in charge of anything.

Frances Mullane
Jupiter FL..

I cannot even BEGIN to express how amazing this is! You Sir, are the shining example of what a law enforcement officer is supposed to be - a true, ardent defender of our Constitution and Rights.

Me personally, I left California for many reasons with one of those being my inability to defend myself and restricted ownership of firearms (don't worry I still donate to CGF and volunteer when I can).

Your actions must be replicated by more LEAs in order for these people to "get it!"

LOW2000
01-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Thank you Sheriff for standing up for what is right.

Taidaisher
01-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Thank you Sheriff. For your service and more importantly, your understanding of what that service is supposed to be. :clap:

SickofSoCal
01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Badges grant extra rights?

Thank you Sheriff! (the last true peace officer in America)

LibertyDeath
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Ummm. That's not good. I hope that company doesn't owns Palmetto State Armory. Cause one of their listed holdings is less than 1 mile from PSA. Say it ain't so.

It is not. The link specifies that if you scroll down.

epilepticninja
01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
From a former deputy, thanks Sheriff for standing up for the law-abiding citizen. I know its hard to believe, but there are quite a few of us out there (minus an occiasional speeding ticket. :) )

strangerdude
01-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Thank you Sheriff.

toyotaguy
01-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Keep up the good fight Sheriff and see if you can convince your fellow Sheriffs nation wide to stand with you!

Wita09
01-03-2013, 11:19 AM
:King:

DrDavid
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM

Thanks so much for caring about our constitution, and being a positive influence :)

2glock3
01-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Thank you Sheriff.

thegratenate
01-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Thank you sir.
Creating two classes of subjects in this nation is a sure path to failure, we have to stand together in resistance to this.
Once again thank you.

tbc
01-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Sheriff Scott Berry,

Kudos to you sir!

Sent from iPhone through Tapatalk

donny douchebag
01-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks Sheriff. Anyone who has seen this good guy bang heads with cops from California and other anti states on officer.com already knows where he stands.

madjack956
01-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks Sheriff, you made my year! Welcome to the froum.

Jack

sheriffoconee
01-03-2013, 1:01 PM
Thanks Sheriff. Anyone who has seen this good guy bang heads with cops from California and other anti states on officer.com already knows where he stands.

Those were some sporty threads.....I couldn't stand it over there....

SparkYZ
01-03-2013, 1:01 PM
Thank you sheriff. I hope others share your views..but I'm afraid it's too politically dangerous to express them

LoadedM333
01-03-2013, 1:19 PM
Thank you Sheriff, you sir are the best!

rplusplus
01-03-2013, 1:41 PM
Thank you Sheriff... I will be spreading this far and wide.

If no one else noticed... that company sure has a lot of car dealerships. Ya'know... Only Race Car Drivers should own a vehicle that goes faster than the speed limit allows. I wonder if they should stop selling those to the general public.

Dokbrick
01-03-2013, 1:52 PM
We could use some law enforcement likened to your mindset out here, Sheriff.

Thank you for standing up to these pandering weaklings. You are inspirational and a great American.

:)

mr.elite
01-03-2013, 1:55 PM
Excellent!!

boingo
01-03-2013, 2:03 PM
Thank you.

nothing4u
01-03-2013, 2:12 PM
It is not. The link specifies that if you scroll down.

Ya I see they updated it from when I read it last night.

em9sredbeam
01-03-2013, 2:15 PM
I have to say that I had NO idea that email would spread like it did...I posted it on GeorgiaPacking.org and next thing I knew I was blown away

Awesome. Thank you for standing up for us innocent civilians that obey the law. Maybe a few less people buying from them won't hurt, but if a lot of us stop buying from them we shall see. I only give my business to places that want it.

Casual_Shooter
01-03-2013, 2:21 PM
I figured I had better join ya'll. Thank you for the emails and kind words....

Thanks for the support, Sheriff. Welcome to Calguns.

chad allred
01-03-2013, 2:24 PM
Kudos Sheriff!!!!

sparrow
01-03-2013, 2:48 PM

Thank you for your support of not only the 2nd amendment but also the free market as well, and welcome to the forums.

LPWSGunner
01-03-2013, 3:00 PM
Thank you Sheriff for standing by your law abiding citizens. I f I could do it I would cast a vote for you to keep you as Sheriff.

hornswaggled
01-03-2013, 3:00 PM
Thank you Sheriff. Your stance towards empowering law abiding Americans and opposing tyranny is much needed in these trying times, and forever appreciated.

trucker
01-03-2013, 3:40 PM
And that's why I can't wait to move to Brunswick ga. Thank you Sheriff

sheriffoconee
01-03-2013, 3:57 PM
Brunswick (Glynn County) has a new Sheriff this year...great guy, I hope you get a chance to meet him. When you get down there be sure to eat at Skippers across the bridge in Darien GA......I do love the flounder there..

shortround1
01-03-2013, 6:18 PM
Another thank you here, for respecting personal freedoms and rights of law-abiding citizens. Thank you Sheriff.

chiselchst
01-03-2013, 6:20 PM
I cannot even BEGIN to express how amazing this is! You Sir, are the shining example of what a law enforcement officer is supposed to be - a true, ardent defender of our Constitution and Rights.

I agree - and could not have said it better.

My hat is off to you sir!
:King:

Chatterbox
01-03-2013, 6:33 PM
Thank you very much, Sheriff. It's very gratifying, especially when juxtaposed against behavior of many California CLEOs.

armygunsmith
01-03-2013, 6:38 PM
Outstanding! Thank you Sheriff.

badicedog
01-03-2013, 6:53 PM
Thank you email sent...:D

Kid Stanislaus
01-03-2013, 8:07 PM
HO-CHEE-MAMA!! I never realized when I posted this it'd take off like it did!!

sheriffoconee
01-04-2013, 9:36 AM
Hey guys, I got some more fan mail...

my reply is at top, her original is at the bottom

Thank you so much for writing…
In fact you don’t have to do anything of the sort….criminals drive without licenses all day long….
You don’t HAVE to have insurance, you just LEGALLY have to have insurance.
You don’t HAVE to have to learn to drive…..you can illegally get behind the wheel…..

Same with guns………

Have a nice day
Sheriff Scott Berry

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 12:28 PM

I read your comments on WSBTV's website. I think your boycott is ridiculous. However your comparison between people owning guns and cars was ludicrous! We have to LEARN how to drive, pass a test and have insurance to own a car..... However any moron can come up off the street and buy a gun!

That's comparing apples and oranges...