PDA

View Full Version : My Feinstein letter (feel free to plagerize)

Moonshine
01-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Dear Senator,

Your recent announcement and details of your proposed "assault weapons" ban have left myself and my family stunned. I feel I am being unfairly persecuted because I choose to protect my family with a semi-automatic handgun and not an antique. When you decided to protect yourself you made the same decision I did and purchased a semi-automatic pistol. Will you be registering your "assault weapon"?

I am even more disturbed by your assertion that your bill will protect "legitimate sportsmen and hunters" because my hunting shotgun will now be considered an "Assault Weapon" and I will have to either register it as an NFA item or surrender it. In either scenario I will need to buy a new hunting shotgun, which is a very expensive purchase because the prices on guns have soared as a result of your proposed legislation.

I know none of this is likely to change your mind. You have publicly stated that your goal is the elimination of private firearms ownership on many occasions. However I did want you to know that in future election campaigns I will not just vote against you, I will donate my time and money to your opponent and encourage my family, friends, and co-workers to vote against you.

Sincerely,

Your constituent

kel-tec-innovations
01-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Nice letter. My 5rds capacity hunting rifle with no pistol grip or evil feature is considered an assault weapon to the Frankenstein because brand is "Vepr".

spdtiger
01-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Your recent announcement and details of your proposed "assault weapons" ban have left myself and my family stunned. I feel I am being unfairly persecuted because I choose to protect my family with a semi-automatic rifle ,which is not an antique.

good start, this sounds better

spdtiger
01-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Your recent announcement and details of your proposed "assault weapons" ban have left myself and my family stunned. I feel I am being unfairly persecuted because I choose to protect my family with a semi-automatic rifle ,which is not an antique.

good start, this sounds better

Moonshine
01-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Basically any detachable magazine rifle is an assault weapon under the new bill because a magazine larger than 10 rounds can be designed. Even if there is currently no "high capacity" magazine in production for a rifle, it is always possible to make one... how can a rifle be designed to ONLY accept a 10 round magazine this is ridiculously ambiguous.