PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Parts for a Kentucky Rifle Replica?

sstephenson
01-02-2013, 8:59 PM
Back in the mid 1970's my mom gave my dad a Kentucky Rifle kit for Christmas. I know that it came from either Sears, KMart, or Montgomery Wards. I believe that it was a CVA kit, but I don't know for sure. A relative is shipping the rifle to me, and I know that't it's going to need some work. For one thing, I know that the original ramrod was broken and may or may not be included. I'm also thinking about refinishing the stock. Any ideas where I can find a replacement ramrod and brass hardware? Any help is appreciated.

6mmintl
01-02-2013, 10:02 PM
If CVA contact them, if not, possibly a spanish model. a bit harder to find parts but not impossible.

wooden ramrods and some parts are common so just google.

Dont use a wooden (shatter/break) or fiberglass rod (wear out the muzzle) for shooting, make/buy and aluminum range rod with replacible tip/jag/brush.

Refinishing is the easy part and materials are at home depot.

6mmintl
01-02-2013, 10:02 PM
If CVA contact them, if not, possibly a spanish model. a bit harder to find parts but not impossible.

wooden ramrods and some parts are common so just google.

Dont use a wooden (shatter/break) or fiberglass rod (wear out the muzzle) for shooting, make/buy and aluminum range rod with replacible tip/jag/brush.

Refinishing is the easy part and materials are at home depot.

Marcus von W.
01-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Some of the CVA "Kentucky" rifles are made in Spain. I've owned one with the CVA markings for many years, and several years ago I was offered one for $75 that was identical to mine, but just had the Spanish "Jukar" markings instead of the CVA brand name.

gunboat
01-03-2013, 1:06 AM
How about Dixie gun works?

Levetti
01-03-2013, 3:20 PM
I got an old kit with a broken barrel tang that has been sitting in a closet for years. One of my dads friends tried to build it and screwed it up. If you can't find anything PM me and I'll see what I have.

Cobrafreak
01-03-2013, 3:25 PM
Another couple of places you can try is Track of the Wolf, and Dixie Gun Works. They are all about black powder firearms.