PDA

View Full Version : Just FYI, Cash Loan Pawn FFL in South SF tries to charge sales tax on PPT

TZL
01-02-2013, 2:47 PM
Just FYI, Cash Loan Pawn FFL in South SF tries to charge sales tax on PPT

I've done an out of state FFL transfer through them before, no problem, but this week they tried to charge us sales tax on a PPT transfer which is a no-no.

Just be aware.

sfhondapilot
01-02-2013, 3:14 PM
Were you able to convince them of their error or did you simply go elsewhere?

Shane916
01-02-2013, 3:22 PM
Just FYI, Cash Loan Pawn FFL in South SF tries to charge sales tax on PPT

I've done an out of state FFL transfer through them before, no problem, but this week they tried to charge us sales tax on a PPT transfer which is a no-no.

Just be aware.

Just to clarify, you and another individual met up at that location and they charged you $35 + tax?

TZL
01-02-2013, 3:31 PM
Yes, we met up there, they tried to charge us tax on the price of the PPT, we went else where

I tried to convince them the error in their ways, but they said its their policy...total BS !

Just to clarify, you and another individual met up at that location and they charged you $35 + tax?

Shane916
01-02-2013, 3:48 PM
Yes, we met up there, they tried to charge us tax on the price of the PPT, we went else where

I tried to convince them the error in their ways, but they said its their policy...total BS !

Ahh, yeah that's definitely a no go :) You should inform them that law > policy.

Sideways
01-02-2013, 5:30 PM
Just to be fair, the clerk may be confused about the charging of sales tax on a gun transferred from out-of-state. Nonetheless, this is not taxed.

I am in business in California, and it is VERY difficult to stay abreast of what we need to collect sales tax on. Of course we don't NEED to collect any tax, just pay it.

Don't forget to pay sales tax on the core charge for the starter motor in your truck!

TZL
01-02-2013, 7:00 PM
No, we debated it for 5 mins before we bailed to another FFL

It's just a PPT transfer, so no money changes hand for the gun through the store, should just be $35

Oh well, more business for other FFLs

Just to be fair, the clerk may be confused about the charging of sales tax on a gun transferred from out-of-state. Nonetheless, this is not taxed.

I am in business in California, and it is VERY difficult to stay abreast of what we need to collect sales tax on. Of course we don't NEED to collect any tax, just pay it.

Don't forget to pay sales tax on the core charge for the starter motor in your truck!