PDA

View Full Version : SB parolee aquitted on firearms charges

hardkore909
08-22-2007, 1:58 PM
Today a parolee who admitted to a jury to owning and being in possession of a firearm was aquitted by the jury. Looks like San Bernardino City is becoming a very friendly firearms city to live in. I guess the common citizen here doesn't realize or even care that the law states felons/parolees can not possess firearms. :eek:

BSlacker
08-22-2007, 2:21 PM
Didn't the BATFE take up residence in SB county recently? I thought they were there to curb gun violence by arresting and procecuting folks just like this. What happened to that?

Charliegone
08-22-2007, 2:46 PM
Didn't the BATFE take up residence in SB county recently? I thought they were there to curb gun violence by arresting and procecuting folks just like this. What happened to that?

No, no, no..they meant to prosecute and arrest people (and harass) people like BSPawn, Gonzo, and Mr. Corwin.:rolleyes::mad: who obviously pose a bigger threat than this guy.

odysseus
08-22-2007, 2:49 PM
Was the parolee a convicted felon? Was his crime a violent one?

It could have been a very reasonable case for the jury....

hardkore909
08-22-2007, 3:01 PM
He is on parole for attempted 187. Also, it's not up to the BATF to prosecute and convict. Blame the JURY for not convicting.

anothergunnut
08-22-2007, 3:06 PM
Is there an English translation for "attempted 187"?:confused:

CalNRA
08-22-2007, 3:09 PM
Is there an English translation for "attempted 187"?:confused:

attempted murder?

just guessing I remember a movie called "187"

edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/187_(murder)

steel-cut
08-22-2007, 3:18 PM
Unbelievable. All common sence has gon to hell. :cuss:

scootergmc
08-22-2007, 3:19 PM
Was the parolee a convicted felon? Was his crime a violent one?

It could have been a very reasonable case for the jury....

In California: Parolee=Felon

Of course, I'm sure there is much more to the case than hardkore is telling us.

hardkore909
08-22-2007, 3:48 PM
Yes there is more to the case. It was first a call of a marijuana cultivation house. Upon search they find the parolee who was in possession and admitted to owning a .22 bolt action rifle in his own written statements. In the same room was a sawed off .410 shotgun which he denied owning. The jury stated that they could not convict him of owning either rifle because of how many people came in and out of the house and how many people had "possession" of it while they were in the house. This guy should be on his way to Vegas because it is his lucky day!

Solidmch
08-22-2007, 4:18 PM
that pisses me off.they'll prosecute to the fullest extent of the law on law abiding citizens but throw out a easy convition for a felon

It wasnt the DA that threw this out. This was a jury of our peers.:rolleyes: Many jurors go in with their own agendas. For most the truth has nothing to do woith anything. I have spent a lot of time studing juries. Many will come in and feel sorry for the little parolee. It is truly scary!!!

tyrist
08-23-2007, 3:27 PM
Well hopefully the parole board will revoke his parole so he will probably still go back to prison. Even though a jury letting this guy go is rather frustrating.
If a parolee in possession of a simulated firearm gets 10 months...I would think one in possession of an actually firearm should get atleast a couple of years.

Mr. Joshua
08-23-2007, 3:30 PM
attempted murder?

just guessing I remember a movie called "187"

edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/187_(murder)

Bingo. ;)

Got Stuff?
08-23-2007, 5:54 PM
I don't blame the jurors as much as i do the lawyers, prosecution and defense. If you have ever served on a jury, it is likely that once your case was over, you were quite displeased with how misled and "in the dark" you really were. That is, if you ever found out.

Boomer1961
08-23-2007, 8:45 PM
so i can have a machine gun in my car and get away with it because i haven't been the only one in the car.thats crap.don't kill the rapist serrial killer it was his childhood that made him do it

SHORT ANSWER NO! :p

But it does mean that you can have a machine gun that can not be traced to you (i.e. no fingerprints or even smudges that can be interpreted with that CSI computer that has that big ol' ENHANCE BUTTON that my computer came without and sure could use on my photos, music, videos) in some one else's car though you will still have to go through an arrest, jailing, persecution to cop a deal, and probable jury trial....and oh ya, you won't get that machine gun back and have allot less cash to buy more machine guns with.

I do struggle with the bit though that he confessed to possessing at times the one firearm and that was not enough for a conviction. If a felon is not suppose to be around firearms then its easy enough to stay away from his gun toting drug dealing or using friends.

nothing4u
08-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Maybe all the jurors smoke pot and cut their supplier a break :)

Crazed_SS
08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
oops wrong thread..