PDA

View Full Version : The only thing we have to fear is, fear itself.

radioman
01-02-2013, 2:16 PM
The only thing we have to fear is, fear itself.
Words that I have lived by most of my life, when the road of life has gotten dark and cold and things go bump that you canít see, fear sets in.
Fear is the enemy.

I have found this true many times in my life, the first time I read that statement I was in high school, it was that first year of high school; where there is so much to fear.

The man who said it was a very wise man, he was right and it is as true now as it was 81 years ago when he said it.

Some fear the sight of an AR15 and some fear the loss of the AR15, some fear gun control and some fear the lack of it. Today we have fear so great that some would cut out parts of our Constitution, the very parts that keep them safe.

What has gun control done for us, the 1000 foot gun free school zone or the AW ban? Where is the safety it promised?

We at some point in time we will have to make a stand, not to ask for our rights, but to demand our rights.

Over the years we have seen the million marches, the million mom march and this to gain support. Could we, from all over the County, put 2, 4, 8 million feet and more on Pennsylvania Avenue, and all with unloaded AR15ís.

Not just a protest, but, a protest to uphold and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Iím not saying donít bring a magazine or 2, but I am saying we donít want to start a fight, but no one should be a sitting duck. Itís treason to try and take away our guns and talk about amending the 2nd Amendment, if not it should be.

When I was little, the adults warned against the communist, all, world war two vets. They were right!

Who but a communist would call for an amendment to the Bill of Rights? Only a communist would want to disarm us. And now itís high time we say so, if we donít call out the communist now, when? The Bradyís, maig, the DiFiís, the Leeís anyone who would call out for a ban or want to amend the Bill of Rights, all are Communist.

Does gun control make us safer, does it make us freer? Then why do we need it? A background check I support 100%, WE should be able to call the same number that the FFL calls when we sell a gun, no more gun show loophole and no more middle man when we want to sell our guns, background checks for all.

NotEnufGarage
01-02-2013, 4:35 PM
Could we, from all over the County, put 2, 4, 8 million feet and more on Pennsylvania Avenue, and all with unloaded AR15ís.

No. We have jobs we have to go to every day. It's expensive to take time off and travel to some protest that wouldn't accomplish anything.

Take the money you would've spent travelling to Washington DC and donate it to the NRA, SAF, and CGF. That will accomplish something.

Protests, petitions, letters, emails and the like are a WASTE OF TIME and a WASTE OF MONEY that could be better spent on the professional lobbyists that the NRA uses to influence congress. Help them do their job.

What did Occupy Wall Street accomplish? Did any of them get jobs? No.. Did they get their student loans forgiven? No.

damoni
01-03-2013, 12:52 AM

......And garbage politicians who wipe their feet on our constitution, and take our liberties away. Make no mistake, slowly but surely wins the race. These treasonous losers are taking little bites out of our freedoms, and soon - little by little, they will get their way if we don't stop them now!:oji:

wjc
01-03-2013, 12:55 AM

myk
01-03-2013, 1:26 AM
No, no and no. Open carry demo's are nothing but bad publicity. In-your-face tactics to promote gun ownership and the 2A do not work.

Did I read something about bringing a (loaded) 'mag to a proposed demonstration?

fonso
01-03-2013, 10:57 AM
......And garbage politicians who wipe their feet on our constitution, and take our liberties away. Make no mistake, slowly but surely wins the race. These treasonous losers are taking little bites out of our freedoms, and soon - little by little, they will get their way if we don't stop them now!:oji:

[snip]

And, FDR, the originator (speech writer(s) aside) of the saying, was one of the worst of those "garbage politicians." :mad: