PDA

View Full Version : Overseas worried about gun ban...need answers

c1503
01-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Question for anyone here with the know. I have no idea of the state laws or federal, but I am currently deployed overseas and coming home for leave in mid Feb 2013. I am looking to buy a semi auto rifle (AR10) sometime when I return and price is no problem also for ammo no problem I have been stocking up the whole time I have been deployed.

NOW:
1) Should I worry about this weapons ban in that I will not be able to purchase a rifle in the time frame before I am home?
2) If bill passes (heaven forbid) How long will it take for the bill to pass weeks...months?
3) Will there be a grandfather clause for gun owners?

My biggest concern is I will not be home in time to purchase the rifle I want and that will not be good. So if someone has the answer to cool me down please send it.

CAL.BAR
01-02-2013, 11:13 AM
No need to worry about anything other than frenzied buying right now. I doubt you could FIND an AR-10 in stock anywhere right now. NO legislation has been implemented, nor would anything the Feds do likely affect us in CA since our gun laws are much more strict than ANYTHING that would get through the House. Even IF legislation were to pass, you would still likely have up to a year before it went into affect. In short...RELAX.

hawk1
01-02-2013, 11:14 AM
I think the crystal ball answers you're looking for are not available.

Librarian
01-02-2013, 11:16 AM
No new laws yet on the books, no way to tell what may or may not pass.

Try to enjoy the ride - there may be bumps ....