PDA

View Full Version : Leland Yee on KGO810

Rackatak
01-02-2013, 9:03 AM
Just an FYI...Leland Yee is going to be on KGO AM810 during the 10:00 am hour today January 2, 2013. You can stream it from the KGO website or podcast it later.

For those of you who missed it it will be available here via podcast. http://www.kgoradio.com/page.php?page_id=121

gotshotgun?
01-02-2013, 9:10 AM
Listening now.

Ninety
01-02-2013, 9:10 AM
Both these guys on this radio program are morons. California is full of this idiots.

Keystone
01-02-2013, 9:16 AM
jumped on late, still going

bubbapug1
01-02-2013, 9:22 AM
Let me guess....we all own weapons of mass destruction???

Charlie50
01-02-2013, 9:25 AM
Anyone got the hotline to Gene or some other competent spokesperson to counter point this guys stupid bill!

Ninety
01-02-2013, 9:26 AM
basically .. and video games make people kill other people.. you get to practice thousands of times , stalking a person and then brutally killing them , CT shooter learned how to breach doors by playing video games. :facepalm:

How do these people get elected?

JackRydden224
01-02-2013, 9:29 AM
basically .. and video games make people kill other people.. you get to practice thousands of times , stalking a person and then brutally killing them , CT shooter learned how to breach doors by playing video games. :facepalm:

I've played Star Wars games for hundreds of hours and I still cannot release lightning from my hands. I've played flight simulators so that means I'm ready to pilot a fighter jet. I've played Grand Theft Auto so that means I know how to jack a car.

Dear Senator, pushing a button on your controller does not mean jack %#%)* in real life.

Rackatak
01-02-2013, 9:30 AM
Yee just said bill will not intend to take any existing bullet buttoned rifles but will prevent further sales.

LoneYote
01-02-2013, 9:38 AM
I've played Star Wars games for hundreds of hours and I still cannot release lightning from my hands.

Gotta build your lightsaber first.... Although I do not believe they are weapons in common usage so expect a ban on them soon.

tba02
01-02-2013, 9:40 AM
Who's got 80% Lightsabers in stock?

Librarian
01-02-2013, 9:47 AM

Wait a minute - those guys agree with Wayne LaPierre on that?

JackRydden224
01-02-2013, 9:56 AM
Gotta build your lightsaber first.... Although I do not believe they are weapons in common usage so expect a ban on them soon.

Okay guys, we need to stock up on frames and crystals. We better hurry so we don't get stuck with pink light sabers. I think the double sided frame is selling quick so we might want to get that as well. We also need a secret build party.

Seriously though, America has become a country of zero personal responsibility. When crap happens it is somebody else's fault but when something good happens is all "my" own doing. If Stalin and Lenin are alive right now they'd be Feinstein and Yee's biggest fan.

Moonshine
01-02-2013, 9:59 AM
Did he mention whether those of us who own bullet buttoned rifles would be added to the assault weapons registry (adding BB as feature to SB-23) or if some new registry would be created? Because if this is a new list I don't think we should have the same ridiculous transportation and other requirements as RAWs do.

Rackatak
01-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Did he mention whether those of us who own bullet buttoned rifles would be added to the assault weapons registry (adding BB as feature to SB-23) or if some new registry would be created? Because if this is a new list I don't think we should have the same ridiculous transportation and other requirements as RAWs do.

Just one quick mention of the bullet button "loophole" between the 10:25 and 10:35 mark. No mention of registration, only that future sales of BB's and BB'ed rifles and would be banned. This was in response to a callers question.

Yee said it was not his intention to take away current BB'ed rifles. All lip service until we see the bill in print. Stay vigilant!

aileron
01-02-2013, 10:39 AM
We need to defeat what ever it is.

Moonshine
01-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Hmmm... Interesting idea, banning sales but not banning rifles. Obviously I won't say more than that because I don't want to put anything out there. Loose lips sink ships after all.

bwiese
01-02-2013, 10:41 AM

You already do with the long gun open carry ban which appears to have a specific destination requirement added in.

Thank the UOCers.

Droppin Deuces
01-02-2013, 10:43 AM

Saberforge.com

Hopefully the government doesn't catch on to that operation.

rgraham
01-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Neither of these guys could barely disguise their glee in their voices at the idea of the "super majority" now in California state government. Yee seems to have difficulty with the English language.

paul0660
01-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Was this Ronn Owens show? I got tired of that girl 30 years ago.

luchador768
01-02-2013, 11:14 AM
I thought this Yee character was termed out as of the 1st. Why the heck is he still writing silly laws?

stix213
01-02-2013, 11:45 AM
I thought this Yee character was termed out as of the 1st. Why the heck is he still writing silly laws?

He is termed out, but he still gets to finish this term of course.

viper37
01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Good lord. I'm stationed in WA and when I was buying my lower the other day I asked the guy behind the counter if they had Bullet Buttons. He was like "wtf mate?"

Palmaris
01-02-2013, 12:45 PM
I saw couple of reverse polarity hidrofobic coliders on sale going. I hope they will not be banned. Those can't use feeding devices like AR clips and capacity is minimum 100VAC at 34 GHz, but if make 75 GHz it can be lowered to 7 VDC. I hope they will not make use 75, it can go really far away even with only 7 VDC.

Moonshine
01-02-2013, 1:12 PM
I'll take the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

CEDaytonaRydr
01-02-2013, 1:17 PM
Yee just said bill will not intend to take any existing bullet buttoned rifles but will prevent further sales.

And how, pray tell, does dear, ol' Leland propose to distinguish from the two? :confused:

Are we going to have to register our Bullet Button rifles? :rolleyes:

jwkincal
01-02-2013, 1:23 PM
I'll take the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

40 watt = 29.502485971 foot pound-force/second

Some engineer on the set must have wrote that line as a joke. The .45 and the Uzi were WAAAAAYYYY more powerful, to say nothing of the 12-guage.

Not to mention that directed particle weapons have terrible terminal performance.

Wiz-of-Awd
01-02-2013, 1:25 PM

Well, funny thing though...

I had read somewhere, that the MIL was (are?) in fact looking to recruit young men who were well versed in certain video games. The idea being that it offered a credible skill set or other benefit to a new recruit.

I don't recall if had to do with the computer aspect of "war games," or rather the mentality and simulated training that the video games provided.

Really, who are we to say that such things are not the modern equivalent of such things as GI Joe and Barbie, carefully molding the youth of our nation to fulfill their roles - later on in life.

I don't think it's a far stretch to ponder the idea of the GOV being this involved in our lives on very basic levels to grow the society they want.

A.W.D.

elSquid
01-02-2013, 1:49 PM
I had read somewhere, that the MIL was (are?) in fact looking to recruit young men who were well versed in certain video games. The idea being that it offered a credible skill set or other benefit to a new recruit.

I don't recall if had to do with the computer aspect of "war games," or rather the mentality and simulated training that the video games provided.

I imagine that kids who are really into _authentic_ flight simulator games might make good UAV pilots. Someone who loves to spend hours in front of a screen with a joystick piloting a virtual aircraft might be well suited for a job where one has to spend hours in front of a screen with a joystick piloting a remote aircraft. :)

But kids who play lots of violent video games like Call of Duty? Pretty useless skills being developed: mouse clicking and rocket jumping aren't particularly useful in actual combat.

-- Michael

merrill
01-02-2013, 1:50 PM

Well gee thanks Senator, you're such a nice guy for allowing me to keep my rifle -- by the way I don't believe anything you say. These politicians come back year after year with full frontal assaults some years and sneaky bast@ard attempts other years. I will write letters, make phone calls, send emails and give cash until we win again.

monk
01-02-2013, 2:12 PM
If training where as simple as playing a video game we could save millions. Just hire Fatty McFat who has 1000 Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter hours under his belt.

morfeeis
01-02-2013, 2:14 PM
Just an FYI...Leland Yee is going to be on KGO AM810 during the 10:00 am hour today January 2, 2013. You can stream it from the KGO website or podcast it later.

For those of you who missed it it will be available here via podcast. http://www.kgoradio.com/page.php?page_id=121
listening now, i have my barf bag ready.

thanks.....

Rossi357
01-02-2013, 2:17 PM
We need a "defend yourself" video. Killing bad guys with semi-auto rifles and handguns.
I wonder if the old Wolfenstien first person shooter works on Win7. I especially liked it when I got the debug and had unlimited life and weapons.

lilro
01-02-2013, 2:20 PM
I don't understand blaming video games for mass violence. Every country with working electricity has violent video games. The problem is crazy people, and trying to "fix" them with pills. Even if the pills did work, all it takes is a couple missed doses for people to die. That is not effective.

tzotzo
01-02-2013, 2:47 PM
the problem is not either or... the problem is both video games and mentally unstable or delusional. Like fire and gasoline together vs apart.

Other countries either ban the gas (weapons) or have much less fire (mentally ill teens).

Goosebrown
01-02-2013, 2:50 PM
40 watt = 29.502485971 foot pound-force/second

Some engineer on the set must have wrote that line as a joke. The .45 and the Uzi were WAAAAAYYYY more powerful, to say nothing of the 12-guage.

Not to mention that directed particle weapons have terrible terminal performance.

Well don't sweat it, you can't get that in CA unless it uses a compact fluorescent power source that is only half the strength and better for the environment.

CBruce
01-02-2013, 2:57 PM
I imagine that kids who are really into _authentic_ flight simulator games might make good UAV pilots. Someone who loves to spend hours in front of a screen with a joystick piloting a virtual aircraft might be well suited for a job where one has to spend hours in front of a screen with a joystick piloting a remote aircraft. :)

But kids who play lots of violent video games like Call of Duty? Pretty useless skills being developed: mouse clicking and rocket jumping aren't particularly useful in actual combat.

-- Michael

You're seriously understimating the value of highly developed hand-eye coordination between a mouse/controller and fast-paced, precise actions required by gaming...especially first-person shooters. Particularly valuable in this era of automated and remote-controlled military hardware.

There's also some serious psychological ramifications of disassociation between the operators physical prescense and their actions on the battlefield through a robotic proxy.

The XBox 360 controller uses a standard USB plug and can be connected to pretty much any computer and used as an input device. I've seen them use this to control robots for disarming explosives.

bubbapug1
01-02-2013, 3:04 PM
Fast loading Guns and violent video games are not the problem. Being a nut case is the problem. Think about it....the odds are very small that you will get killed by a maniac with a gun who is deranged...getting shot by your wife on the other hand...now thats a different matter, and far more prevelant. And guys who shoot their wives...thats a problem right there. Outlaw marriage.

chris
01-02-2013, 3:28 PM

yeah sure. he says that now.

RMikeL
01-02-2013, 3:43 PM
Was this Ronn Owens show? I got tired of that girl 30 years ago.

His specialty is testosterone-free talk radio.

Vlad 11
01-02-2013, 4:23 PM
Really great one sided gun control debate on their twitter, with some race card flashing to boot. :rolleyes:

southernsnowshoe
01-02-2013, 5:37 PM
Thank the UOCers.

Because of course it had absolutely nothing to do with the communists that actually wrote the legislation.

Feel better after beating that horse?

Dave A
01-02-2013, 6:10 PM
B Wiese is correct, they waved a red flag in front of the anti gun legislators and got all of us stomped on. Deal with it.

advocatusdiaboli
01-02-2013, 6:39 PM
Because of course it had absolutely nothing to do with the communists that actually wrote the legislation.

Feel better after beating that horse?

Well, actually, since we are a Democratic Republic, the public opinion of the majority of the voters MATTERS (yes I am shouting so as to be understood). So if you needlessly tip your hand and instill fear in them, then indeed you are hurting your cause due to a failure to maintain your cool and THINK about how best to achieve your aim. And, BTW, calling names degrades your argument—it doesn't bolster it.

jamesob
01-02-2013, 6:47 PM
What was he talking about every time he mentioned a lewpo?

fizux
01-02-2013, 8:57 PM
We need a "defend yourself" video. Killing bad guys with semi-auto rifles and handguns.
I wonder if the old Wolfenstien first person shooter works on Win7. I especially liked it when I got the debug and had unlimited life and weapons.

I recommend DOS Box (http://www.dosbox.com).
In addition to Wolf 3D, the original 1984 version of Castle Wolfenstein is well worth the abandonia download, if you don't happen to have it on 5 1/4" floppy.

phrogg111
01-02-2013, 9:42 PM
Well, actually, since we are a Democratic Republic, the public opinion of the majority of the voters MATTERS (yes I am shouting so as to be understood). So if you needlessly tip your hand and instill fear in them, then indeed you are hurting your cause due to a failure to maintain your cool and THINK about how best to achieve your aim. And, BTW, calling names degrades your argument—it doesn't bolster it.

Right. So if the majority of people hate black people, and the majority of voters go out and vote to take black people's rights, then they aren't entitled to rights. Especially as half of our prison population is black, we need to keep black people from having rights. Right?

Hell no.

My rights will never end where someone else's feelings begin. Neither will anyone else's.

If a right, is given to you by God, and guaranteed by the bill of rights, that it not only exists, but shall not be infringed - there's no maybe - even talking about taking our rights is tyrannical at best, and treason at worst.

wjc
01-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Guys, he's lying.

madjack956
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Just one quick mention of the bullet button "loophole" between the 10:25 and 10:35 mark. No mention of registration, only that future sales of BB's and BB'ed rifles and would be banned. This was in response to a callers question.

Yee said it was not his intention to take away current BB'ed rifles. All lip service until we see the bill in print. Stay vigilant!.

I wouldn't consider that lip service. Wheres the pony? Just cause mine get grandfathered doesnt mean I should not care about this law.

Other people want theirs and we should not breath a sigh of relief just because he says he will only go after future sales.

We need to make him sweat and wish he stuck to lifting suntan lotion.

b.faust
01-02-2013, 11:21 PM

I wouldn't consider that lip service. Wheres the pony? Just cause mine get grandfathered doesnt mean I should not care about this law.

Other people want theirs and we should not breath a sigh of relief just because he says he will only go after future sales.

We need to make him sweat and wish he stuck to lifting suntan lotion.

Exactly.
I really hope people don't fall into the "I got mine" syndrome.
I do have mine, and then some, but I sure as hell want to make sure the folks that come behind me, can have theirs too.

No deal.

GillaFunk
01-03-2013, 8:10 AM
its funny, politicians designt all kinds of stupid loop-holes for THEMSLEVES....but when the plebs find the loopholes and use them the politicians get all up in arms "OH NO!! YOU CANT DO THAT!"

CEDaytonaRydr
01-03-2013, 8:54 AM
its funny, politicians designt all kinds of stupid loop-holes for THEMSLEVES....but when the plebs find the loopholes and use them the politicians get all up in arms "OH NO!! YOU CANT DO THAT!"

Kinda like when the CA Legislature told the people that they were taking a "pay cut" by lowering their salaries, and then increased their per diem to offset the pay cut..? :rolleyes:

Yeah, these guys are the lowest of the low. CA politicians make Chicago politicians look like alter boys. :facepalm:

paul0660
01-03-2013, 9:00 AM
His specialty is testosterone-free talk radio.

1992 I was building an addition. My plumber loved Ronn and was not good besides. I fired him and did it myself. My only true win/win ever.

johnny_22
01-03-2013, 9:58 AM
Right. So if the majority of people hate black people, and the majority of voters go out and vote to take black people's rights, then they aren't entitled to rights. Especially as half of our prison population is black, we need to keep black people from having rights. Right?

Hell no.

My rights will never end where someone else's feelings begin. Neither will anyone else's.

If a right, is given to you by God, and guaranteed by the bill of rights, that it not only exists, but shall not be infringed - there's no maybe - even talking about taking our rights is tyrannical at best, and treason at worst.

Just change the word "Black" to "Gay" and reference Prop 8. Rights taken away by a simple majority.

rabbit91476
01-03-2013, 10:24 AM
ok so I don't understand. what he proposes is less restrictive than Feinstein measures. Granted I not the most political savy person.
so is he
1. expecting to Feinstein to fail
2 or using our tax dollars to make a name for him self if she succeed.

GillaFunk
01-03-2013, 10:45 AM

My rights were never given to me by god, nor the tooth-fairy, Santa Clause, or Patty the Leprechaun. They are held in receivership by the US government.

If you believe you have rights, and they are guaranteed by the US Constitution, then I urge you to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment

This is not a smart arse comment to insult your intelligence, or berate your religion. Its just a reminder of reality.

Truly.