PDA

View Full Version : Want to share Dillon 650 ammo reloading equipment

Jeffrock
08-22-2007, 9:41 AM
Hey guys,

I realize this is a little unconventional but here goes:

I really want to get into reloading, ammo prices have me down. :(

I do not have a garage, or the space to have my own set-up. So, I am looking to "split" the purchase of a 650 (or comparable set-up) with a responsible person who has a garage or area conducive to reloading.

I think this is a pretty good deal. Half price for a Dillon 650 which will always be at your disposal... I would prefer someone relatively close to me, who has experience with reloading and wouldn't mind helping teach me the basics.

I figure I would probably use the machine once a month or so. Obviously a meeting time would be predetermined. I wont be knocking on your door at 3am asking for access to reload some .223. :rolleyes:

If this is something that interests you, shoot me a pm. I am interested in reloading for .40, .45, .223 and .308 No kooks need apply. :taz:

aplinker
08-22-2007, 10:15 AM
We should start a club. "Westside Reloaders." I've been wanting to reload, too, but I just can't justify putting it in my apt.

PistolPete75
08-22-2007, 10:42 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=721320#post721320

im selling reloading stuff, good for pistol calibers and .223, etc

odesskiy
08-22-2007, 10:57 AM
I would jump on this too. Maybe if we can get enough people together we could justify renting a tiny little office space and throwing our money together for much more purchasing power. I already had a whole reloading setup priced out (~$1K), but my new AR bug is getting in the way :(

BTW, I'm in SFV.

EBWhite
08-22-2007, 11:31 AM
No matter what, be careful. Sign a contract with the person just incase they split on you or try to say the machine is all theirs. Good luck.

PistolPete75
08-22-2007, 12:02 PM
I would jump on this too. Maybe if we can get enough people together we could justify renting a tiny little office space and throwing our money together for much more purchasing power. I already had a whole reloading setup priced out (~$1K), but my new AR bug is getting in the way :(

BTW, I'm in SFV.

I have Nosler 55gr SP bullets. Great for AR shooting. I also have .223 brass, and small rifle primers. hit me a pm if your interested.

octanejunkie
09-02-2007, 8:19 PM
What calibers are you looking to load?

mike100
09-02-2007, 9:00 PM
Realistically, one should have it in mind that you will need to spend at least $1000 to get a good start into reloading. You can find good deals and freebies, but I doubt many people will be able to get everything cheap unless you have an uncle or somebody just give you a whole pile of stuff.

whoever said they don't have enough room in their apt. must have a wife or a GF or more roomates than rooms. If you can shove a table in the corner, you can reload. I'd just start with one caliber to get used to the whole process and then buy more dies and stuff as you go.

38aht
09-02-2007, 9:52 PM
I'm in West L.A. and I'm intriqued by this idea. I have reloaded and have been looking into a Dillon 650. I have some stuff already and the space. iNterested in .40, 30-06 and .223.

octanejunkie
09-03-2007, 4:22 PM
I too am in West LA and want to reload .40, .45, .357 and .308 WIN - but I was thinking about single stage for .308

Jeffrock
09-09-2007, 8:16 AM
whoever said they don't have enough room in their apt. must have a wife or a GF or more roomates than rooms. If you can shove a table in the corner, you can reload.
Guilty. :o Seriously though, I do not have the room. I already have a baby grand piano in my place and two large dogs.

I don't know how I slipped on checking this thread, but octanejunkie I will pm you shortly.

Hmmm, seems like there is quite some interest here. Maybe we can come up with something. A reloading club would be awesome, although I do not think I am ready to commit to lease office space.

Unfortunately my friends who have huge houses that could host our club meetings would rather just pay for factory ammo than go through the process of reloading.

jessegpresley
09-09-2007, 9:47 AM
I am looking to "split" the purchase of a 650 (or comparable set-up) with a responsible person who has a garage or area conducive to reloading.

I think this is a pretty good deal. Half price for a Dillon 650 which will always be at your disposal...

Aim high! Get a Dillon 1050 if you're gonna be sharin' it with a buncha people.

aplinker
09-09-2007, 1:36 PM
I'm in West L.A. and I'm intriqued by this idea. I have reloaded and have been looking into a Dillon 650. I have some stuff already and the space. iNterested in .40, 30-06 and .223.

38aht and I have been talking about this. You should definitely get in touch with him. He might have the space and initial equipment in place soon.

Jeffrock
11-09-2007, 6:55 AM
bump

vwsergio
11-10-2007, 3:29 PM
see ssa shooters they have a reloading room for the club members to use
http://www.ssashooter.net/

grammaton76
11-11-2007, 12:08 PM
If you're gonna have a lot of reloading newbies around... don't just buy ONE spare parts kit, buy at least two. And if you go for the powder check system, buy two of 'em because if you forget to adjust it, you can snap it right off after switching calibers.

I would also suggest that you mandate deluxe quick change kits for each caliber... you don't wanna have to reinstall the dies every time.