PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Fishing Report?

joel1316
08-22-2007, 9:24 AM
I'm taking my 6 year old son out tomorrow to go fishing. Possibly to Berkely Pier to try our luck at anything out there. Can anyone recommend an area where my chances of catching anything is good. I do have a fishing license.

We always bring up a shiner, smelt or a bull head at Berkely...

Edit: I live in Pittsburg and am willing to go just about anywhere within an hours drive.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
08-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Thoes are all good baits for the Berkely Pier.
Also try squid.

Fjold
08-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Look here:
http://usafishing.com/SFBay.html

JamesY
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
This is probably too late, but you can go to the Antioch Pier and catch a bunch of stripers. They're mostly small, but you'll ocassionally get the big keepers.

It's off of Bridgehead Rd. if you take the Wilbur Exit off of 160.

joel1316
08-24-2007, 6:49 AM
Thanks everyone, went fishing yesterday and brought up (1) Mudsucker, LOL. At least I have bait for my next Striper trip....

edwardm
08-24-2007, 1:22 PM
The breakwater at Coyote Point Marina down in Burlingame has good fishing now and then. And the flats just south of the marina harbor some nice big skates now of then. Not really anything I'd keep or eat (or fish for anymore), but if you wanna hook the kid into something big to play, that's always fun for the little ones. :)

Thanks everyone, went fishing yesterday and brought up (1) Mudsucker, LOL. At least I have bait for my next Striper trip....