PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Jarrod
01-01-2013, 3:02 PM
Hey, I'm listening to David Kopel podcast interviews on his new law school textbook, Firearms Law and the Second Amendment.

I'm really learning a lot of history from these very interesting interviews. Kopel knows not just a lot of law, but a lot of fascinating American history too.

I wanted to share it here with you folks. Go to:

http://www.davekopel.com/Audio.htm

The series starts with Chapter 1 in the 18th entry down under to 2012 heading.

The interview summaries are listed below FYI. I am starting Chapter 6 in a few moments.

"Firearms Law and the Second Amendment.Chapter 7. A New and Dangerous Century. July 30, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Chapter 6. Reconstruction and the late 19th Century. July 27, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Chapter 5. The Early Republic, and the Antebellum Era. 55 minutes. July 20, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Law school textbook. Chapter 4. The new Constitution and the Second Amendment. iVoices.org podcast. 44 minutes. June 7, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Law school textbook. Chapter 3. The Colonies and the Revolution. iVoices.org, May 9, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Law school textbook. Chapter 2. Antecedents of the Second Amendment: From Confucius to the British Whigs. iVoices.org, Apr. 16, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Chapter 1. First in a podcast series on Kopel's new law school textbook. iVoices.org, Apr. 4, 2012."

Jarrod
01-01-2013, 3:04 PM
Btw, sorry if my post sounded like an "advertisement", that's just how it came out.

Tarn_Helm
01-01-2013, 3:15 PM
Hey, I'm listening to David Kopel podcast interviews on his new law school textbook, Firearms Law and the Second Amendment.

I'm really learning a lot of history from these very interesting interviews. Kopel knows not just a lot of law, but a lot of fascinating American history too.

I wanted to share it here with you folks. Go to:

http://www.davekopel.com/Audio.htm

The series starts with Chapter 1 in the 18th entry down under to 2012 heading.

The interview summaries are listed below FYI. I am starting Chapter 6 in a few moments.

"Firearms Law and the Second Amendment.Chapter 7. A New and Dangerous Century. July 30, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Chapter 6. Reconstruction and the late 19th Century. July 27, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Chapter 5. The Early Republic, and the Antebellum Era. 55 minutes. July 20, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Law school textbook. Chapter 4. The new Constitution and the Second Amendment. iVoices.org podcast. 44 minutes. June 7, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Law school textbook. Chapter 3. The Colonies and the Revolution. iVoices.org, May 9, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Law school textbook. Chapter 2. Antecedents of the Second Amendment: From Confucius to the British Whigs. iVoices.org, Apr. 16, 2012.

Firearms Law and the Second Amendment. Chapter 1. First in a podcast series on Kopel's new law school textbook. iVoices.org, Apr. 4, 2012."

You have stumbled on a big name in Second Amendment scholarship.

Let your journey begin.

And may you continue it all the days of your life.

Check this (http://www.secondamendmentdocumentary.com/) out.

Jarrod
01-01-2013, 3:51 PM
Tarn_Helm,

I've known of, and liked, Kopel from before, but found this series to be especially informative.

Thanks for the link!

Window_Seat
01-02-2013, 2:25 AM
Good find, and just for info, Kopel is indeed a big scholar in 2nd Amendment law, so you're definitely not advertising.

BTW, it took me "a while" to find out about Kopel, so many of you are ahead of me, then again, there was a time when I couldn't even spell Second Amendment, but I've always been kind of a late bloomer anyway... :o

Incidently, I'm working on a paper for my college work, and have been using references by him, and I would highly recommend that anyone who is in college or anywhere doing any kind of 2A project to use his work for guidance.

Erik.

Tarn_Helm
01-02-2013, 2:40 AM
Tarn_Helm,

I've known of, and liked, Kopel from before, but found this series to be especially informative.

Thanks for the link!

Glad to help a fellow Second Amendment practitioner build his conceptual arsenal and his skill at defending our right of self-defense.

This (http://www.guncite.com/) as well is a treasure house of information.

The title at the top of the webpage says, "Gun Control," but the site offers information on much more than that: history, law, links to primary sources, current events in Second Amendment "scholarship" (i.e., fraud perpetrated by anti-Second Amendment historians (http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_bellesiles.html)), etc.

Dig in.

The more we know, the more intelligently we can defend our positions, the harder it is for the anti-Second Amendment herd to mischaracterize us with damaging stereotypes such as "ignorant redneck" and so on.

We are in a battle of wits with them.

Let's go into battle more heavily armed and with argumentation skills superior to those of the enemy, foreign or domestic.

Carry on.

That is all.
:cool: