PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Responds to the Newtown Tragedy, Talks about Gun Control & 2nd A

Hecktic
01-01-2013, 1:52 PM
Not sure if this is a re-post but it deserves to be seen again Id thought Id share ;)

xmVSDOLwXgo

http://youtu.be/xmVSDOLwXgo

FoxTrot87
01-01-2013, 2:05 PM
Geeezzz took them long enough!

Now they just need to go after Cerberus to show us how far the rabbit hole goes.

gregorylucas
01-01-2013, 2:21 PM
While I don't like all of their tactics (being in the computer industry myself) I can certainly appreciate all of the talking points that they bring up in this discussion.

-Greg

ScottB
01-01-2013, 2:26 PM
How do you know its really Anonymous and not some fake?

Hecktic
01-01-2013, 2:31 PM
While I don't like all of their tactics (being in the computer industry myself) I can certainly appreciate all of the talking points that they bring up in this discussion.

-Greg

+ 1

gregorylucas
01-01-2013, 3:09 PM

Well that's actually hard to know. The group itself is made out of a distributed network of disparate individuals. So one cell could be posting something randomly or some other person could be "faking" them. I do have my doubt about this since they seem to A) Value the freedom of speech above all and B) Have a natural distrust of government and its institutions.

I can't say for sure as I am not a member of this group, but as far as I can tell this video is certainly consistant with (what I can see) their notion of protecting the average individual-hence their attacks against pedophiles and other tyrannical governments.

No emotion invested from me personally in this discussion, just some observations from being attached to that culture in my youth. That being said, I think this is really them-but I have been wrong before :)

-Greg

VegasND
01-01-2013, 3:14 PM
It will be interesting to see what the response is.

victor1echo
01-01-2013, 3:18 PM
They need to be more original than following V for Vendetta. That guy fawkes mask is lame.

Full Clip
01-01-2013, 3:31 PM
Well, since the state of CA is currently guilty of willfully and completely infringing on my 2nd A rights, I look forward to seeing what Anonymous will do in response.
Oh, and the shout-out to Alex Jones? Erg...

themandylion
01-01-2013, 3:50 PM
Anyone can make a YouTube video.

The real Anonymous will use "Propaganda of the Deed."

When they hack the BATF's, CAAG's, et. al.'s databases, and erase/damage the de facto registration lists they keep of gun owners, then we'll know the real Anonymous has taken a stance for freedom.

POLICESTATE
01-01-2013, 3:54 PM
If Anonymous doesn't disown it then it's Anonymous.

Dantedamean
01-01-2013, 4:00 PM
F*cking amazing. I hope they back up this talk. How amazing would it be if they were able to destroy even one database of legal firearm owners.

VW*Mike
01-01-2013, 4:00 PM
^^^^^^^ What Policestate said.

ewarmour
01-01-2013, 4:12 PM
Ban computers!

No, Ban the Internet!

Wait, internet and computer registration!

The internet caused anonymous!

Sutcliffe
01-01-2013, 4:18 PM
Seems like they are ahead.

gregorylucas
01-01-2013, 4:27 PM
F*cking amazing. I hope they back up this talk. How amazing would it be if they were able to destroy even one database of legal firearm owners.

It would be nice to think that we could regain some privacy through these sorts of actions. However, I would be shocked if there was not a backup strategy in place for these records. More than likely government(s) would be able to recover from pure destruction of databases as I suspect there is real time replication of data to multiple silos in different locations. Anonymous (if I remember correctly) focus's on DDoS and data dissemination and I would think this would be their preferred route of causing embarrassment to supporters of anti-gun policies. Such a tactic might be publishing the electronic version CCW permits (I don't know if these actually exist, just an example), as well as personal data of gun ownership for these individuals that are hypocritical in regards to gun ownership.

I am NOT advocating for any of the above actions as I think everyone had a right to privacy but from observing this group for awhile I think this would be their most likely mode of attack.

-Greg

tcrpe
01-01-2013, 4:27 PM

When they hack the BATF's, CAAG's, et. al.'s databases, and erase/damage the de facto registration lists they keep of gun owners, then we'll know the real Anonymous has taken a stance for freedom.

All databases being copied, backed up and secured as we speak. Thanks for pointing that out! :facepalm:

Good idea!

Skidmark
01-01-2013, 4:34 PM

Very good question. This one seems less concise than most previous 'tubes attributed to them,
and is a bit too full of standard 2ARKBA talking points - they would use a different vocabulary in
a published missive, something more consistent with their other announcements.

98frqrKFnQ8

luGO_UzSzX0

Dantedamean
01-01-2013, 4:37 PM
All databases being copied, backed up and secured as we speak. Thanks for pointing that out! :facepalm:

Good idea!

Like that's not done already.

themandylion
01-01-2013, 4:56 PM

Good idea!

I don't have any illusion that we can erase all the records of gun purchases. After all, the 4473s are still out there. 95% of FFLs would comply if the BATF ordered them to copy all of them, and send them in.

But disruption of their machine is always a plus. Conducting backups is not always easy or flawless.

Meplat
01-01-2013, 4:59 PM
Interesting, very interesting, who knows, it could make some folks uncomfortable?

Hippies_Have_Guns_Too
01-01-2013, 5:08 PM
Thanks for the video link Hecktic.

http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/wavey.gif

POLICESTATE
01-01-2013, 6:54 PM
Very good question. This one seems less concise than most previous 'tubes attributed to them,
and is a bit too full of standard 2ARKBA talking points - they would use a different vocabulary in
a published missive, something more consistent with their other announcements.

You'll find Anonymous uses a variety of languages and they've issued many more statements addressed to various parties. There is no centralized power structure so any member of Anonymous can release a statement on the behalf of the group. So in this case, assuming that it is a real Anonymous statement, the text and reading was done by someone who is pro-2A, not a real stretch if you ask me.

Most people have only seen those Anonymous releases that have made the MSM outlets, there's quite a bit more than those. Also the styles and vocabulary of those releases do not match up to each other exactly, they are not done by the same person or group of persons.

CharlesV
01-01-2013, 7:05 PM
I believe its fake but does it matter? If your mom shows you an orange and your neighbor takes the orange and shows it to you, is it not the same orange?

Great catalog of the main points to keep in mind. Now we just need anonymous to join the actual resistance and act, not just make vids about this anymore. Im vidded out.

Oh.....please catch this one before you too are vidded out. The two vids together cover everything. Interview with Oathkeepers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OCDccxJbAT8

chris
01-01-2013, 7:20 PM

now that would be cool to erase the entire database at the ATF.

AlpineWeiss
01-01-2013, 7:25 PM
I believe its fake but does it matter? If your mom shows you an orange and your neighbor takes the orange and shows it to you, is it not the same orange?

Great catalog of the main points to keep in mind. Now we just need anonymous to join the actual resistance and act, not just make vids about this anymore. Im vidded out.

Oh.....please catch this one before you too are vidded out. The two vids together cover everything. Interview with Oathkeepers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OCDccxJbAT8

I am listening to Alex Jones and for once he is not sounding like a crazy person. What the actual ****?

Librarian
01-01-2013, 8:05 PM
No 2A content in the responses to the OP.

/thread