PDA

View Full Version : Executive order.

CavTrooper
08-21-2007, 6:45 PM
This is more hunting related but it does relate so I thought to post it here. Mods, move if appropriate.

Office of the Press Secretary (Crawford, Texas)
- For Immediate Release August 17, 2007

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

FACILITATION OF HUNTING HERITAGE AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Purpose. The purpose of this order is to direct Federal agencies that have programs and activities that have a measurable effect on public land management, outdoor recreation, and wildlife management, including the Department of the Interior and the Department of Agriculture, to facilitate the expansion and enhancement of hunting opportunities and the management of game species and their habitat.
Sec. 2. Federal Activities. Federal agencies shall, consistent with agency missions:
(a) Evaluate the effect of agency actions on trends in hunting participation and, where appropriate to address declining trends, implement actions that expand and enhance hunting opportunities for the public;
(b) Consider the economic and recreational values of hunting in agency actions, as appropriate;
(c) Manage wildlife and wildlife habitats on public lands in a manner that expands and enhances hunting opportunities, including through the use of hunting in wildlife management planning;
(d) Work collaboratively with State governments to manage and conserve game species and their habitats in a manner that respects private property rights and State management authority over wildlife resources;
(e) Establish short and long term goals, in cooperation with State and tribal governments, and consistent with agency missions, to foster healthy and productive populations of game species and appropriate opportunities for the public to hunt those species;
(f) Ensure that agency plans and actions consider programs and recommendations of comprehensive planning efforts such as State Wildlife Action Plans, the North American Waterfowl Management Plan, and other range-wide management plans for big game and upland game birds;
(g) Seek the advice of State and tribal fish and wildlife agencies, and, as appropriate, consult with the Sporting Conservation Council and other organizations, with respect to the foregoing Federal activities.
Sec. 3. North American Wildlife Policy Conference. The Chairman of the Council on Environmental Quality (Chairman) shall, in coordination with the appropriate Federal agencies and in consultation with the Sporting Conservation Council and in cooperation with State and tribal fish and wildlife agencies and the public, convene not later than 1 year after the date of this order, and periodically thereafter at such times as the Chairman deems appropriate, a White House Conference on North American Wildlife Policy (Conference) to facilitate the exchange of information and advice relating to the means for achieving the goals of this order.
Sec. 4. Recreational Hunting and Wildlife Resource Conservation Plan. The Chairman shall prepare, consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations, in coordination with the appropriate Federal agencies and in consultation with the Sporting Conservation Council, and in cooperation with State and tribal fish and wildlife agencies, not later than 1 year following the conclusion of the Conference, a comprehensive Recreational Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Plan that incorporates existing and ongoing activities and sets forth a 10year agenda for fulfilling the actions identified in section 2 of this order.
Sec. 5. Judicial Review. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right, benefit, trust responsibility, or privilege, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, instrumentalities, or entities, its officers or employees, or any other person.

GEORGE W. BUSH
THE WHITE HOUSE, August 16, 2007.

bones138
08-21-2007, 7:36 PM
Thats too long, anyone want to write up a summary?:rolleyes:

tankerman
08-21-2007, 8:00 PM
ADD/ADHD Try ridalin, it will help you focus longer.:wacko:

C.G.
08-21-2007, 8:07 PM

It might make it easier to hunt. Feeling a bit lazy today or :online2long: ?

socalguns
08-21-2007, 8:18 PM
Purpose. The purpose of this order is to direct Federal agencies that have programs and activities that have a measurable effect on public land management, outdoor recreation, and wildlife management, including the Department of the Interior and the Department of Agriculture, to facilitate the expansion and enhancement of hunting opportunities and the management of game species and their habitat.

crunchy2k
08-21-2007, 10:26 PM
It appears to seek to enhance the hunting experience...Just as Clinton destorying/blocking the back roads did..

Purpose. The purpose of this order is to direct Federal agencies that have programs and activities that have a measurable effect on public land management, outdoor recreation, and wildlife management, including the Department of the Interior and the Department of Agriculture, to facilitate the expansion and enhancement of hunting opportunities and the management of game species and their habitat.

socalguns
08-21-2007, 10:52 PM
i read between the lines well, where does it say that

crunchy2k
08-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I read it as to say get off this anti-gun anti-hunting mentality and move forward to make premium use of public lands, allow hunters to participate in the killing off abundant herds in a sportsman like way...Instead of the Clinton era of chaining an animal to a stake and allowing a time constraint individual to shoot a 'trophy.'

At the university I attended, biologists were taught to be pragmatists, using statistics to make decisions....No the sierra club or the local save the snail group emotional info was allowed. Mono lake was saved by this inhuman unemotional thinking and good science. And this edict is saying the same.

4 wheel drive vehicles in the back country is a joke to me...and scares off my animal.

i read between the lines well, where does it say that

kap
08-22-2007, 12:03 AM
How about this for a summary.

The purpose of this order is to direct Federal agencies that have programs and activities that ... facilitate the expansion and enhancement of hunting opportunities and the management of game species and their habitat.

As for the detail ...

C.G.
08-22-2007, 1:56 AM
:confused::confused:How about this for a summary.

As for the detail ...

Didn't I say this about four or five posts ago.:confused:

Ford8N
08-22-2007, 4:45 AM
It looks like lip service to me. Right now in the LPNF, they have gated a bunch of roads that had been open since the thirty's when they were built. The Forest Service has allowed access to be shut off just because some rich rancher doesn't want the public to cross his land. The Forest Service could fight the closings because of "prescriptive rights" but the hippy's running the Forest are all scared of the rich rancher. I know of another place where about ten feet of private land separates the public road easement from about 80 acres of BLM which butts up against thousands of acres of USFS land. No, "W" is just trolling for votes for the Republicans in 2008. All I see are locked gates to some really good hunting and shooting spots.

Sorry, rant off.:o

bones138
08-22-2007, 1:01 PM
Thanks for the condensed version, I dont have the attention span I used to. Maybe I should think about taking that ridalin..:nuts:

CavTrooper
08-22-2007, 1:27 PM
Im all for locked gates. Foot access only, keep the wild, wild. The only exception would be for disabled persons on atvs. Of course you have camping areas and the like for those without the ability or desire to get out into the backcountry. I see ignorant folk in vehicles tearing up the forests and it is dissapointing. They are there for us to enjoy not destroy. Unrestricted acess to public land ON FOOT is fine by me.