PDA

View Full Version : An assault weapon is???

Grifter206
01-01-2013, 1:22 PM
The media loves to mix up and worsen a topic just for attention. I mean, I know a lot of semi automatic rifles with detachable magazines that are used for hunting purposes.

In addition, I like how Feinstein adds more to the "assault weapon" description (roll eyes up in disbelief).

I don't know... I am just all IRKED up about this misconception of "assault weapon" BS.

I mean, isn't an assault weapon supposed to be AUTOMATIC rifle that is already banned!!!

Rider1k
01-01-2013, 1:25 PM
Yup

Rider1k
01-01-2013, 1:25 PM
Yup

Pig Rifle
01-01-2013, 1:26 PM
The media loves to mix up and worsen a topic just for attention. I mean, I know a lot of semi automatic rifles with detachable magazines that are used for hunting purposes.

In addition, I like how Feinstein adds more to the "assault weapon" description (roll eyes up in disbelief).

I don't know... I am just all IRKED up about this misconception of "assault weapon" BS.

I mean, isn't an assault weapon supposed to be AUTOMATIC rifle that is already banned!!!

You are correct. And one of the simplest ways I've heard it summarized is that, assault is a behavior, not a device.

Goosebrown
01-01-2013, 1:35 PM
They're removing the bayonet lug and the flash hider from the definition though. Maybe next comes the thingy that goes up for your shoulder...

In all seriousness, they are doing more homework and putting more thought into it. That is not good for us. But the Carolyne McCarthy fool days are over, the antis are more dangerous and accurate this go round.

speedrrracer
01-01-2013, 1:41 PM
mandatory

http://ttag.zippykidcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/image001-2.jpg