PDA

View Full Version : Message to John Boehner

Scott Connors
01-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Sent to Speaker Boehner today:
I vote Republican despite opposing its positions on gay rights, religion in the public sector, immigration, and taxes on upper income earners. The reason I support the GOP is because it at least pays lip service to the Second Amendment. I am well aware that you don't care about gun owners except as a voting block, and think of us like the Democrats think of Blacks: "where else are ya gonna go?" So you may well be thinking that it may be to your immediate interest to go along with Senator Feinstein and President Obama and enact some sort of "compromise" that restricts the ownership of scary rifles. Why, this might even lead to a repeat of 1994 and you get the Senate back! If this is what you are thinking, you are quite wrong. In the event of a Republican betrayal, I will vote Libertarian, as I did in 1992 after President George H.W. Bush banned the importation of several semiautomatic rifles. Do not underestimate the willingness of the American gun owner to punish those that betray them. _NO_ restrictions are acceptable. Our rights are not a political bargaining chip. Please inform your caucus of this.

tpuig
01-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Very well put. I wrote something similar on a Rep fundraising letter that came to the house a while back. No more money, you'll have to earn my vote again...

scarville
01-01-2013, 11:16 AM
I agree with the sentiment. Voting against gun-rights -- even the tiniest bit -- should cost them something.

Scott Connors
01-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Forgot to mention, I voted for Perot in 1996 after Dole flip-flopped about repeal of the 94 AWB: same reasoning.

doug-y-doug
01-02-2013, 12:40 AM
I like your concision.

There won't be a compromise. Obama and DiFi are biting off WAY more than they can chew with this one.

CDFingers
01-02-2013, 4:53 AM
For the last maybe ten to twelve years the Republicans have played their hands very badly. As a result, they have been soundly spanked, as they deserve.

Unless they make severe changes, they will age and die and the party will disappear: the numbers continue to diminish of angry, old white guys who hate everything that's not old, angry, and white.

We live in a representative democracy, and if no one feels represented, no votes will be cast for the Republicans--California is a prime example. There is almost nothing the Republicans stand for that would cause me to consider their current platform. That may sound harsh, but that's nothing compared to Morford today:

http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2013/01/01/the-good-hard-spanking-of-2012/

If Republicans choose to ignore the lessons of the 2012 elections, they will become extinct. Adapt or die, folks. Adapt or die.

CDFingers

Bluesami
01-02-2013, 5:19 AM
For the last maybe ten to twelve years the Republicans have played their hands very badly. As a result, they have been soundly spanked, as they deserve.

Unless they make severe changes, they will age and die and the party will disappear: the numbers continue to diminish of angry, old white guys who hate everything that's not old, angry, and white.

We live in a representative democracy, and if no one feels represented, no votes will be cast for the Republicans--California is a prime example. There is almost nothing the Republicans stand for that would cause me to consider their current platform. That may sound harsh, but that's nothing compared to Morford today:

If Republicans choose to ignore the lessons of the 2012 elections, they will become extinct. Adapt or die, folks. Adapt or die.

CDFingers

Yea that's not racist..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

clay32
01-02-2013, 5:28 AM
There won't be a compromise. Obama and DiFi are biting off WAY more than they can chew with this one.

I like your sentiment, and hope with all I have that you're right. I hope this is Obama's and Feinstein's undoing.

taperxz
01-02-2013, 5:31 AM

CDFingers

Just the fact that you even use that writer as a reference to anything real makes you look like an anti and a troll. Morford makes the rest of the opinionists at the Chronicle look conservative.

CDFingers
01-02-2013, 5:38 AM
Adapt or die.

Democracy is a messy business--a republic: more so.

If you're a Republican and you live in California, you may think I'm an anti and a troll. The minority, upon having been spanked so badly by voters who know the facts, has only one strategy left except adaptation: denial and projection.

It's easy to call names and to try and mitigate huge disappointment at a completely failed party. But eventually the truth will dawn.

Adapt or die.

California has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. Rather than hassle folks who clearly own and enjoy guns, a better strategy for those stung by the foolishness of the CA Republican party would be to discover how the intersection among the Ninth and Tenth Amendments and the McDonald decision may be used to un-do some of California's gun laws.

We "adapt" by using the law in our favor. Or you can waste what energy you have left beating your head against a wall.

Freedom is untidy.

CDFingers

taperxz
01-02-2013, 6:05 AM
Adapt or die.

Democracy is a messy business--a republic: more so.

If you're a Republican and you live in California, you may think I'm an anti and a troll. The minority, upon having been spanked so badly by voters who know the facts, has only one strategy left except adaptation: denial and projection.

It's easy to call names and to try and mitigate huge disappointment at a completely failed party. But eventually the truth will dawn.

Adapt or die.

California has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. Rather than hassle folks who clearly own and enjoy guns, a better strategy for those stung by the foolishness of the CA Republican party would be to discover how the intersection among the Ninth and Tenth Amendments and the McDonald decision may be used to un-do some of California's gun laws.

We "adapt" by using the law in our favor. Or you can waste what energy you have left beating your head against a wall.

Freedom is untidy.

CDFingers

Having lived in the SF Bay Area my whole life i can tell you that the conservative nature of the people born here usually prevail in a cyclical way over the years. Most of the natural born citizens of this area detest the "ultra liberal" agenda pushed on us by transients who couldn't make it in their hometown of Middle America because of their far fetched liberal beliefs.

CDFingers
01-02-2013, 6:18 AM
In a republic, you live under a .gov that everyone else elects, not necessarily the one you voted for. It's a tough call, there, I admit.

Full disclosure: I was born here, I'm old, and I'm white. But I'm not angry. Rather, I can read, I can think, and I can shoot. I have little patience for bubble dwellers who deny the facts and who now reside in the severe minority.

I say we should work to bring California's gun laws up to the standards of the other states using logic, law, and solid facts. Others will vote Republican, and we perceive the results.

CDFingers

Full Clip
01-02-2013, 6:28 AM
Given that the GOP has now completely caved to the Dems and BHO on the "cliff" deal, the party's support of gun rights is pretty much the only reason why I would vote Republican in the future. Yep, any slippage or "deal" over a DiFi-type ban or similar restrictions will have me totally abandon the party.

ElvenSoul
01-02-2013, 6:31 AM
He is a ***** sell out. Republican Gun Owners your party does not know you anymore.

jwkincal
01-02-2013, 6:34 AM
Forget letters.

I'm going to start sending dirty bore patches to my legislators. Everyone should do this; it would be epic.

tcrpe
01-02-2013, 6:57 AM
Reagan made a 2:1 deal with the Dems and they reneged.

GHWB made a 3:1 deal with the Dems and they reneged.

Boehner made a 1:43 deal with the Dems.

Who is holding their breath for spending cuts.

Boehner is a fool.

mdicicilia
01-02-2013, 6:59 AM
We DO NOT live in a representative democracy. We live in a Republic. Do not believe the lie. Take the Republic back.

frankm
01-02-2013, 9:33 PM
Sent to Speaker Boehner today:
Thanks a lot, douchebag.

Fixed it for you.

wjc
01-02-2013, 10:16 PM
We DO NOT live in a representative democracy. We live in a Republic. Do not believe the lie. Take the Republic back.

Finally!

<puffs out chest with pride>

frankm
01-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Finally!

<puffs out chest with pride>

And that means no matter how many people don't like guns, too bad. If one guys wants one, he can have one. It ticks me off to see the argument that some poll says people want more gun control or more whatever control. We have rights, and those cannot be controlled by majorities, if we obey the Constitution and BOR.

wjc
01-02-2013, 11:10 PM
And that means no matter how many people don't like guns, too bad. If one guys wants one, he can have one. It ticks me off to see the argument that some poll says people want more gun control or more whatever control. We have rights, and those cannot be controlled by majorities, if we obey the Constitution and BOR.

Huzzah!

VW*Mike
01-03-2013, 6:40 AM
They are a lost cause. Again, where else am I going to go? I finally just threw in the towel for the GOP after the fiscal @liff debacle this week. Over it. Libertarian party here I come.

CowboyShooter
01-03-2013, 7:36 AM
Having lived in the SF Bay Area my whole life i can tell you that the conservative nature of the people born here usually prevail in a cyclical way over the years. Most of the natural born citizens of this area detest the "ultra liberal" agenda pushed on us by transients who couldn't make it in their hometown of Middle America because of their far fetched liberal beliefs.

Just how long is this "cycle" of which you speak?
I'm thinking... Feinstein, Boxer, Pelosi.... when do we get rid of them?

A LOT of California votes Republican... it's always SF and LA that puts the scum in office in both the State and in the Fed.

A frustrating state of affairs... but then that's why I left the Bay Area. I'm still not represented by my "elected representatives", but at least I'm in an area that is full of bitter clingers.

:-)

morfeeis
01-03-2013, 7:48 AM
I vote Republican despite opposing its positions on gay rights, religion in the public sector, immigration.....

That's where you lost me.

J.D.Allen
01-03-2013, 8:12 AM
I voted for Romney, and for Jeff Flake. Flake I don not regret. He is a tea party guy, and while I don't agree with everything he stands for I know he is a solid 2A guy. But after Romney lost I decided to go straight Libertarian. If the repubs cave in any way on any new gun control legislation, they will never get another vote from me as long as I live.

jwkincal
01-03-2013, 8:16 AM
I voted for Romney, and for Jeff Flake. Flake I don not regret. He is a tea party guy, and while I don't agree with everything he stands for I know he is a solid 2A guy. But after Romney lost I decided to go straight Libertarian. If the repubs cave in any way on any new gun control legislation, they will never get another vote from me as long as I live.

Don't tell us... Tell THEM!

At least once a week from now until the new AWB is dead on the floor.