PDA

View Full Version : Family transfer Maadi MISR-10 to CA?

MustangSteveGT
12-31-2012, 7:11 PM
Mother (Indiana) FFL transfer a MAADI MISR-10 to Son's FFL (California)?

So my mom in Indiana has a "Made by Maadi Co in Egypt, MISR-10 Semi-Auto". Can she transfer it to me (her son) from her FFL in Indiana, to me locally through my FFL here in CA?

According to California Firearm Laws 2006, Page 16, the "Maadi Co MISR (all)" count as an AK Series Weapon "Assault Rifle."

CaptMike
12-31-2012, 8:58 PM
I am not an attorney, but from a very similar situation I had previously, the common aggreement by the folks in the know would tell you that even though MISR 10 is not specifically listed, the fact that it says MISR all in the law, it may lead a court to say that your rifle is an assault weapon. I would not recommend you attempt to transfer the rifle to our wonderful (sarcasm) state.

mdimeo
12-31-2012, 10:47 PM
I am not an attorney, but from a very similar situation I had previously, the common aggreement by the folks in the know would tell you that even though MISR 10 is not specifically listed, the fact that it says MISR all in the law, it may lead a court to say that your rifle is an assault weapon. I would not recommend you attempt to transfer the rifle to our wonderful (sarcasm) state.

Concur. The Harrot decision, which enabled off-list rifles to be sold, required that guns be listed by exact make and model. (all) isn't a model, and so should be ineffective. But I think an arrest is very likely, and a conviction is pretty likely, and if not convicted the acquittal would be very expensive.

I wouldn't go there.

Decoligny
12-31-2012, 11:11 PM
If you use the flowchart you will see that under the AK section it shows listed Maasi MISR (all). This means all Maadi MISR models are listed assault weapons. They cannot be modified with a bullet button to make it legal.

MustangSteveGT
01-01-2013, 2:09 AM
I appreciate you guys chiming in. Looks like I will be better off building a CA legal Maadi type rifle closer to home.