PDA

View Full Version : What have you done to Protect gun rights today!

toyotaguy
12-31-2012, 7:29 AM
I donated $50 to Calguns and $50 to NRA-ILA today. Next up is letters to my congress critters.

What are you waiting for to donate!!

beanz2
12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Donated $100 to SAF (http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=safdonation) on Dec 26th instead of going to the mall with the family.

Donated $100 to CGF (https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=calgunsfnd&id=1) today instead of paying for over inflated ammo online.

Been very consistent to start from www.shop42A.com or www.saf.org/amazon when I need anything from Amazon.com

Went and hit this poll (http://www.house.gov/susandavis/) as in the other thread

Now, I'm gonna pack and get ready for another Front Sight course!

heyjerr
12-31-2012, 12:36 PM
I continue to post intelligent articles on Facebook and via email to all of my friends (yes, I am still friends with people who are Anti-gun) in an effort to balance the liberal discussions that I am constantly exposed to by the closed-minded.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/
http://gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/6.1/gun_facts_6_1_screen.pdf

And then I will engage them in polite, rational discussion on the topic to enlighten them. It's amazing, nevertheless, to see that some people don't ingest the info but rather bide their time until they get to speak and rattle off some mindless gut feeling that sounds like a soundbite from some liberal news article.

racer_X_123
12-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Joined with 5 year NRA membership the 23rd of Dec.
I email both Senators Barbara Boxer and DiFi every day (lesson in futility)
I Email my Representative every day

rolo
12-31-2012, 2:10 PM
I took someone who has never fired a gun to the range and had a great time. This happened as a direct result of reasoned debate with a rabid and emotional anti-gunner on social media. My ability to keep emotion and partisan vitriol out of the discussion led directly to several friends of friends getting in contact with me regarding my views. After a short correspondence and exchanging of bona fides, this young woman accepted my offer of showing her the retardation of assault weapon bans at the local range.

I have another appointment pending with an old school-mate that I haven't talked to in twenty years who wants the same treatment. I can't make a true believer out of them, but I can show them how stupid our elected officials are.

City Hunter
12-31-2012, 2:18 PM
Donated $20 each to NRA, SAF, CRPA & CGF.
Writing up letters in preparation for anti-gun bills.
Voted in some polls.
Signed some petitions.

NickMc
12-31-2012, 2:25 PM
Today I practiced.
Yesterday I joined the NRA, GOA and donated to CGF...
I think I'll go join another one...

BMWguy206
12-31-2012, 2:38 PM
Renewed my NRA membership.
Joined the Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America.
Bought an 80% lower and bought a DD V7 LW upper.

xDIEGOx
12-31-2012, 2:42 PM
In the past week...

Joined GOA
Gifted an NRA and GOA membership to my brother
Sent emails to our wonderful politicians. As did my brother.
Made every amazon purchase through shop42a.com
Bought a new handgun. Brother bought a new rifle.

USMC33
12-31-2012, 2:49 PM
Rejoined the NRA and I will have my son join too. We have got to stop this AWB from passing.

Semper Fi!

bobdev
12-31-2012, 3:52 PM
Re-upped NRA, joined SAF, and contributed to CGN
Signed some petitions

robertmcm
12-31-2012, 3:54 PM
Just today:

Upgraded to life membership in the Citizens Committee For the Right To Keep and Bear Arms (lobbying side of SAF)

Sponsored an NRA life member at the CMP forum. 2 here at Calguns and 3 at Ar15.com

toyotaguy
12-31-2012, 3:56 PM
Outstanding everyone!

pitbull30
12-31-2012, 4:04 PM
In past week.

Rejoined NRA with no freebies except the magazine.
Supported the local shop by making a purchase
Sent a NRA link to a bunch of people via email (posted by acegunnr for the 25 buck NRA giftcard deal which basically makes it free. )
Voted in that Susan Davis poll above
Sent 25 bucks to CGF yesterday.

Just waiting for someone to dump all the politicians we should write in a easy format so I can print them out and mail it to all of them.

strangerdude
12-31-2012, 4:06 PM
Educate friends, and family of what's going on. Pisses me of to see how many don't care, or are willing to compromise.

dieselpower
12-31-2012, 4:30 PM
I used social media to chain firearm rights videos throughout the country.

I see nothing wrong with donating money and sitting back. That's a great way to fund our cause.

I feel we need to do more. We all need to fight fire with fire. The media spreads lies and falsehoods through the nation which poisons the people who are unknowing.

We MUST distribute the truth and fight this.

The best way to do this is to buy several major news Stations...maybe buying ABC or CBS will work...guess what..that's NOT happening.

The next is to use the internet and the Social Network websites set up for this task. We need to spread the word to the younger generation who may not have the treuth from their parents.

Join the NRA Facebook page, share their articles. Share professional edited pro-firearm ownership You-tube videos. Share news stories that dispel the Medias lies and half truths...

THIS IS HOW YOU WIN IN TODAY'S WORLD. To ignore the way this world currently gets things done is a flaw in your strategy.

dieselpower
I used social media to chain firearm rights videos throughout the country.

I see nothing wrong with donating money and sitting back. That's a great way to fund our cause.

I feel we need to do more. We all need to fight fire with fire. The media spreads lies and falsehoods through the nation which poisons the people who are unknowing.

We MUST distribute the truth and fight this.

The best way to do this is to buy several major news Stations...maybe buying ABC or CBS will work...guess what..that's NOT happening.

The next is to use the internet and the Social Network websites set up for this task. We need to spread the word to the younger generation who may not have the treuth from their parents.

Join the NRA Facebook page, share their articles. Share professional edited pro-firearm ownership You-tube videos. Share news stories that dispel the Medias lies and half truths...

THIS IS HOW YOU WIN IN TODAY'S WORLD. To ignore the way this world currently gets things done is a flaw in your strategy.

Bw511
[Dupe, please delete]

Bw511
First off, was this thread title even a question!

And, I voted in a broken online poll (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=667681)

Seriously, though, I attempted to get two hunter coworkers to pay a little attention and write their congressmen, but got the typical "I don't own any weapons with magazines... that the govt knows about, so I don't really care" reply. I'm starting to really resent these people.

Ieyasu
12-31-2012, 4:57 PM
First off, was this thread title even a question!

And, I voted in a broken online poll (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=667681)

Seriously, though, I attempted to get two hunter coworkers to pay a little attention and write their congressmen, but got the typical "I don't own any weapons with magazines... that the govt knows about, so I don't really care" reply. I'm starting to really resent these people.
Yep. I find those folks quite irksome.

They're co-workers so I understand you can't pursue it further, but it'd be mildly entertaining to have somebody ask them what they need a sniper rifle for. After all, why should anybody be allowed to have a lethal weapon for recreational purposes? It's a hell of a lot safer for society if folks obtained their meat at the store!

At least semi-autos with standard capacity mags can be used for home defense.

HBrebel
12-31-2012, 6:12 PM
I own and stay well in tune with several firearms. I also got my daughter a rifle for xmas and taught her to shoot it. Next step is Appleseed.

vantec08
12-31-2012, 6:13 PM
I whizzed on a liberal anti.

CycloSteve
12-31-2012, 6:54 PM
$50 to SAF, $50 to CGF, and $50 to the NRA-ILA.

Educating all whom I can about the ramifications of the latest hysteria being pushed by the media about firearms.

pat4wd
12-31-2012, 7:40 PM
Spread the word to all of my Family, All of my Facebook friends. People at work, People at other random Places. Posted videos, Posted Links to write Government.. Wrote Government Critters over and over again.. Will keep doing the same over and over again

pat4wd
12-31-2012, 7:41 PM
Spread the word to all of my Family, All of my Facebook friends. People at work, People at other random Places. Posted videos, Posted Links to write Government.. Wrote Government Critters over and over again.. Will keep doing the same over and over again, Sent money to Calgun, 2nd amendment foundation, Renewed my NRA membership

hornswaggled
12-31-2012, 9:21 PM
Wrote to my rep, Senator Boehner, and Speaker Reid. Hit all the polls I could. Liked NRA posts on facebook.

guntrust
01-01-2013, 8:57 AM
Political effort, social media posting, gun buying, even gun training--none of these guarantee you will leave a firearm legacy.

The Founders failed to leave a firearm legacy, and the militia ethic died pretty quickly, even by the War of 1812.

Every family has a duty to leave a firearm legacy. No other institution will, and freedom will die without it.

The only practical way to leave a firearm legacy is with a properly drafted gun trust, yet most who have heard of gun trusts tend to view them merely as devices to facilitate acquisition of NFA weapons, because they are familiar only with the relatively useless ones excreted by trust mills.

pitbull30
01-01-2013, 1:04 PM
Double post

pitbull30
01-01-2013, 1:04 PM
Emailed the president and all the state senators. Go here to send your own.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

This was a template I found courtesy of YouTube poster sturmgewehre. I then added my own stuff
---------
Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful, please. Make committing the insane easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

BayAreaScott
01-01-2013, 1:31 PM
Extended my NRA membership.
Bought my kids gift memberships.
Joined this forum.
Joined the CRPA.
Will start using shop42A.

Built up an AR and named it Piers Morgan. :)

ttboy
01-01-2013, 4:04 PM
I donated $100 to Calguns, and $100 to NRA-ILA, extended membership to the NRA for three years, joined SAF for five years, gifted NRA membership to three relatives in Arizona and any gun related stories wrote positive text on gun ownership which by the way positive out number anti gun posts by a overwhelming amount!

themandylion
01-01-2013, 5:01 PM
We have got to stop this AWB from passing.

I am presuming it will be decreed, and am taking measures for the consequences. Yeah, blame me for the prices on Gunbroker, LOL.

I'm doing my part online to get people thinking beyond what is "acceptable." It's coming, and letters, emails, phone calls, and even court filings aren't going to stop it.

themandylion
01-01-2013, 5:06 PM
Built up an AR and named it Piers Morgan.

What?! You built something that serves no useful purpose?

Just kidding.

Johnny Five Dogs
01-01-2013, 6:34 PM
Joined NRA with 2 year membership,
Encouraged family and friends to join NRA,
Voted in polls, and finally staying abreast recent of information.

spetsnaz
01-01-2013, 6:37 PM
i dont need to prove what ive done. been supporting gun rights for the last 10 years and "now" everyone wants to gear up for the fight. should've kick these dirtbag politicians to the curb after bush left

eeeeman
01-01-2013, 8:09 PM
Do Your Part -
Contact Speaker of the House John Boehner and urge him to keep an AWB vote from reaching the floor if it passes in the senate.

(202) 225-0600

Fate
01-01-2013, 9:53 PM
12/31? I took both of my kids shooting.

The younger got his first .22 rifle for Xmas. The older took her first shots with an AR-15 and a revolver.

JMP
01-01-2013, 10:09 PM
meh, I think you guys are cheapskates. I donated over $1,000 this year to 2A organizations.

You aren't really giving unless you give until it hurts.

sjm9877
01-02-2013, 6:46 AM
Nothing, my gun rights are fully in tact. The 2nd says "shall not be infringed" any law at any level restricting gun owners is invalid.

The only reason they keep making new laws is because we keep bending to them to stay law abiding citizens.

I will not bend anymore for any reason.

joe12pack
01-02-2013, 8:43 AM
What have I done? I have made a point to share Alex Jones with as many people as I can. He's a real Patriot from Austin, TX. He LOVES the 2nd Amendment and all that is good in our Constitution.

This is a good history lesson of concealed carry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXkc_cTx9w0