PDA

View Full Version : 1915 Webley Mark VI Revolver. Where to sell?

superbart3000
12-30-2012, 2:11 PM
My friend has a 1915 Webley Mark VI Revolver, and he came to me asking where to sell it because he knows I'm into guns. But since i only deal with modern firearms and not relics, I had no idea what gun store he could take it to, that would give him a fair price for it. He live in the Los Angeles area, near USC. Does anyone know of any gunstores in his area that handle relics?

milfalcon1
12-30-2012, 4:00 PM
your webley is in a caliber of .455 or .45...the going price is anywhere from 150 to 900 depending on cal and condition, and if its missing/damaged any parts/...most gun stores wont deal with it...I personally am looking for an average cond one and would be interested in it...

navycorpsman
12-30-2012, 4:19 PM
I sent you a message cause i am looking for one and am pretty knowledgable

pitfighter
12-30-2012, 7:20 PM
Superbart,

Look at the cylinder indents, judge the space remaining between the side of the indent and the end of the cylinder.
If it looks like only a few mm's the chances are it has been shaved to accept .45acp held in place with a half moon clip - this will affect the price very negatively.
Maybe $350 - $500 at best.

However if there is still about a quarter inch there, chances are it has not been altered.

If the condition is nice, screw heads are clean, and original unchipped grips, you may have yourself a $700 + revolver.

Beyond this there are rarer and more desirable variations, post a well lit pic here before selling this and you will get some accurate data.

Pit.
PS. Gunboards forum has an excellent British Pub section, there are some very knowledgable gents there.