PDA

View Full Version : CA DOJ Ownership Form

dfletcher
08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Under "How did you get this gun" - can't recall the exact phrasing - in addition to inter family & such there's a box marked "other". What would be a good example of other?

Also, if I went home (out of state) and picked up a rifle or handgun that I've had for a few years what box would apply?

AJAX22
08-20-2007, 12:13 PM
other: A foreign diplomat gave it to me for saving the life of his niece

: It was all that was left behind except for a bloodtrail

: The CIA while cooporating with Alien Overloards provided it to me for a mission that has been programed into my subconcious. I will know what it is when I see two doves, a lady in a grey suit and hear the words 'pixi dust'

tiki
08-20-2007, 2:26 PM
Toothfairy, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny.

Or, you can tell them Jesus gave it to you.

Mssr. Eleganté
08-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Well there are four different forms,

- ownership form
- new resident handgun ownership form
- op law/family handgun form
- c&r handgun form

Which form you need to use depends on the details of your situation.

Under "How did you get this gun" - can't recall the exact phrasing - in addition to inter family & such there's a box marked "other". What would be a good example of other?

One example would be "I don't recall". This would only work on the first two forms listed above. You may have owned the firearm for so long that you don't remember where you got it. If you are doing a family transfer or C&R FFL handgun importation then you'd better remember where you got the gun. I can't really think of any other good examples. Writing "Found it" might bring up all of the problems of how found property is dealt with.

Also, if I went home (out of state) and picked up a rifle or handgun that I've had for a few years what box would apply?

Do you mean if you went to visit your former home, like your folks house? If so then you would use the "new resident handgun report". You'd just be sending it in late. DOJ has said they are OK with people sending these in late, as they realize people don't always move all of their stuff here when they first arrive. But if you moved here before the registration cut off (January 1st 1991) and owned the gun but left it at your old house before that date, then you might want to use the "ownership form" or just not register it at all. You aren't required to register handguns that you owned before the cut off date if you were living in California before the cut off date.

You don't need to send in any of these forms for long guns.

N6ATF
08-21-2007, 11:37 AM
other: A foreign diplomat gave it to me for saving the life of his niece

: It was all that was left behind except for a bloodtrail

: The CIA while cooporating with Alien Overloards provided it to me for a mission that has been programed into my subconcious. I will know what it is when I see two doves, a lady in a grey suit and hear the words 'pixi dust'

Hilarious!

Toothfairy, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny.

Or, you can tell them Jesus gave it to you.

What about Allah?