PDA

View Full Version : orange county sherriffs indoor shooting range

proraptor
08-20-2007, 11:06 AM
anyone go there to shoot? its probably my favorite indoor shooting range for pistols. its only $7 to get in and free targets!

they also have a small store that has a ton of holsters, surefires, etc etc

did I mention no gang bangers!

Rule .308
08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Are you talking about the one over by the Santa Ana river trail? I've been driving by it for as long as I can remember saying to myself, "I need to check that place out". My old man has shot there way back in the day and he always had good things to say about it as well. It has to be better than the acursed Firing Line over in HB. I fall off the wagon and go in that place about once every 5 years or so just to remember why I swore off of it last time. I have to admit though the best time I had there I did not even get to shoot. I showed up just as the fire department did. I'm sure all of you guys are familiar with the typical double doors that they run at an indoor range. Story goes one of their customers walked through the first door, saw the no smoking sign, dropped his grit into the carpet to crush it out, mind you he is in between the two doors, and it flashed all of the powder residue and punted this dumb *** like football. End result was he was ok after they put him out and they changed the smoking policy there. That pinhead is still probably asking someone to answer the phone.

DBA Samsun
08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
wow sounds like a great spot, i'm going to have to try it out for sure!

Japsican
08-20-2007, 11:20 AM
I go there all the time!...Also my favorite indoor pistol range...

Have any good stuff left over from RAP?...Checked out your booth and spoke to your drunk buddy for a bit, didn't hang out too long though:D

big jon
08-20-2007, 1:21 PM
any of you rember the Straight Shoter indoor range in Orange AKA Evans???

proraptor
08-20-2007, 2:06 PM
I'm planning on going there at least once a week....its so cheap to shoot there...

japiscan I didn't see you there...you should have said hi...I think we were all drunk lol....we should meet at the range sometime and shoot

U2BassAce
08-20-2007, 2:52 PM
It is not open to the public all the time right? If so do you know the times they are open to the public? I am a member at On Target but I work 2 offramps from OCSD range.

Rule .308
08-20-2007, 4:30 PM
any of you rember the Straight Shoter indoor range in Orange AKA Evans???

Yeah, I used to go there back when it was Straight Shooters but have not been back since his emminence Evan took it over.

big jon
08-20-2007, 6:02 PM
Yeah, I used to go there back when it was Straight Shooters but have not been back since his emminence Evan took it over.

I was a manager there from day 1 till 1990,, I don`t get how Evans got it or how that guy stays in business????

ibanezfoo
08-21-2007, 3:09 PM
I was a manager there from day 1 till 1990,, I don`t get how Evans got it or how that guy stays in business????

I shoot there sometimes. Its very convenient for me and theres rarely anyone else there. Never talked to anyone or bought anything other than targets. Theres always a little old lady there that helps us and she's nice enough. Theres always cops there buy they are on some other range I haven't seen, but I hear them blazing away. I'm never bothered there by staff or anyone. I will say that for a gunsmithing place, you'd think their rental guns would be in better shape.

-Bryan

geeknow
08-21-2007, 3:14 PM
evans is still around. they lost their lease on the old place, and bought a building on the other side of Ball Rd.

theEpiphany
08-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Thank god....

Looking for a good range that's not too far away from me.

On Target is a bit far but a few of the people they let shoot there...well..I'm still scratching my head.

OC Indoor Range in Brea is absolute crap. They have one little nerdy looking skinny bastard working there that has not a clue what he's talking about...and rude to boot...on top of being wrong...I don't think I've ever wanted to smack someone for arrogance before. To bad everyone else was pretty friendly. The place looks like a back alley in LA.

If anyone's heading down...drop me a line...I'd love to check it out....if I don't get there on my own first...

proraptor
08-25-2007, 5:11 PM
I am going to start going there at least once a week....

jthai
08-25-2007, 6:29 PM
I've been to the OC Sheriff's range several times. One thing that is a little annoying is the 3 or 5 round limit per magazine when firing. I didn't even know about it until the RO pointed it out.

proraptor
08-25-2007, 7:34 PM
Its 5 rounds in a mag but I go there all the time and loaded 10 rounds and they have never said anything to me about it....

jthai
08-25-2007, 7:56 PM
I did the same thing until that one time. He even brought out a copy of the rules for me to read and asked me which rule I wasn't following. I've been heartbroken ever since :)