PDA

View Full Version : Marin County now on the Evil Black Rifle Bandwagon

Uranium238
12-29-2012, 7:28 AM
I just saw on KTVU news this morning that the politicians in Marin are getting ready to clamp down on owning any "military type assault weapons". Not sure if anyone else heard of this earlier, but if they try and hammer this through, I will be one of the affected. I am really concerned about this. It's completely ridiculous that they are attempting to take away the right from people who have done nothing wrong!

Frustrating. Very Frustrating.

SanPedroShooter
12-29-2012, 7:37 AM
State pre-emption?

CitaDeL
12-29-2012, 7:44 AM
State pre-emption?

^ This.

and I think the OP should provide a citation of the story with the proposed law, if one has been proposed.

Uranium238
12-29-2012, 8:26 AM
I will see if I can find more info. I just heard this morning of a move for possible banning. I seriously doubt in the past 10 years that anyone has been killed by any AR or AK they plan on banning.

SilverTauron
12-29-2012, 8:27 AM
State preemption- it's a gift that keeps on giving. Had the OP lived in Illinois he'd be SOL.

Uranium238
12-29-2012, 8:30 AM
Found an article on the Marin IJ pertaining to it..

http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_22277285/marin-mayors-consider-supporting-stronger-gun-control-laws

I hate Illinois by the way. I would rather live in Idaho.

Rackatak
12-29-2012, 9:39 AM
They have signed or are considering signing the petition. No where does it say a "county or city" ban. :facepalm:

Stay calm and go to the range!

This issue will work itself out. The train has left the station and it is going to arrive at one destination or another but right now it's rolling along uncontrolled fueled by panic and rumor.

Uranium238
12-29-2012, 3:34 PM
It better work itself out soon. I want a CETME and an FAL for my Cold War collection! :D

NotEnufGarage
12-29-2012, 3:57 PM
Found an article on the Marin IJ pertaining to it..

http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_22277285/marin-mayors-consider-supporting-stronger-gun-control-laws

I hate Illinois by the way. I would rather live in Idaho.

Oh noes!!! They're circulating a petition!!! I'm scared.. Somebody hold me!!

Another thread full of fail.

fairfaxjim
12-29-2012, 6:38 PM
Oh noes!!! They're circulating a petition!!! I'm scared.. Somebody hold me!!

Another thread full of fail.

^^^^ This!

Marin Mayors signing a Bloomberg Mayors Against Illegal Guns coalition petition is not quite a ban.

DRM6000
12-29-2012, 7:14 PM
All I see is a waste of ink. Those mayors are stupid as hell.

Moonshine
12-29-2012, 8:20 PM
San Francisco tried to ban handguns and learned about the wonders of state preemption. Marin will learn the same lesson and will line CGF's coffers in the process.

GDM
12-29-2012, 8:27 PM
The county is nuts.

I remember a story back, oh, either last year or the year before. Someone broke into either Marin county sheriffs, or maybe it was fair fax/San anselmo patrol car and stole their rifles and shot guns.