PDA

View Full Version : Now what; did not use an AR???

mcisniper
12-29-2012, 6:06 AM
This is a clip from the TODAY show.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

What does this mean for any ban? Will it knock the wind out of the sails of the anti-gunners?

ElvenSoul
12-29-2012, 6:13 AM
They really do not care.

cdtx2001
12-29-2012, 6:14 AM
It's too late for facts. The antis are rolling hard with whatever crap the media has pumped into them and they will use it regardless of any other evidence or facts to the contrary.

Logic and rationality have no place in a reactionary and emotional society.

BanjoGunner
12-29-2012, 6:37 AM
If this turns out to be true, the people and organizations that knew this information and yet still pushed the AR story onto the public should be identified and if possible held accountable. There were real world consequences beyond the tragedy of lives lost. The divestiture of Cereberus by investment companies, the hammering on S&W stock, it's use to unjustly vilify an entire class of firearms and their users, and subsequently push nonsensical regulations, etc.

This has been possible in some cases: The journalist that doctored the Zimmerman tape was sacked, as were several people involved in the exploding car issue with ABC, or 60 minutes or ?? (I can't remember the details). Since these are otherwise honest folk, the threat to their livelihood might just have an impact on the behavior of others in their field.

And to stretch it (quite) a bit, if it's illegal to yell fire in a crowded theatre, why is it legal to push stories, plans, legislation, etc., that make it appear dangerous to go to our schools, when in point of fact, it is not! In both cases it would appear to put people/children in danger that might otherwise not be.

SanPedroShooter
12-29-2012, 6:41 AM
That video aired on Dec 15

Oceanbob
12-29-2012, 6:50 AM
That video aired on Dec 15

Agreed that on the 15th not much info was given of known. I still assume the Wack Job used an AR platform rifle. We will know soon when the hearings start...

BanjoGunner
12-29-2012, 7:03 AM
Agreed that on the 15th not much info was given of known. I still assume the Wack Job used an AR platform rifle. We will know soon when the hearings start...
Yeah, didn't notice the date, so I'll have to agree with you here.

gotshotgun?
12-29-2012, 7:09 AM
I don't understand the hold up of information. It seems very strange to me. Obviously they need to investigate, but it's not as though they need to withhold information to protect someone or find another suspect. It's over.

victor1echo
12-29-2012, 7:28 AM
It is not a hold up of information, but rather a control of information. The story was written before the event.

redcliff
12-29-2012, 8:49 AM
I'm still waiting for the toxicology report to show if he was on drugs.

randomBytes
12-29-2012, 9:17 AM
Truth has nothing to do with it anyway.
The '94 ban was premised on a set of lies.

jenericsig
12-29-2012, 9:29 AM
I'm confused. I thought on 12/19, CT medical examiner "confirmed" victims were shot by .223s. I hope they get the facts straight soon! These conflicting stories are a bunch of crap.

Uranium238
12-29-2012, 9:33 AM
I wanna see the brass. What did they find on the floor at the scene?

socal2310
12-29-2012, 9:36 AM
I'm confused. I thought on 12/19, CT medical examiner "confirmed" victims were shot by .223s. I hope they get the facts straight soon! These conflicting stories are a bunch of crap.

For some reason, the initial confused reports are much more prominent in online searches than more up to the date stories, probably having to do with how story frequency effects rankings (initially, it was the ONLY story, over time, other stories rose in relative prominence - for example, try doing a google news search for the CT shooting without getting results about the NY first responder gunman [without excluding the results smart alec!]).

Ryan

donw
12-29-2012, 9:55 AM
it has to "Run it's course".

at the moment, facts mean nothing...as said before...right now it's a knee jerk reaction to an emotional trauma.

once the FACTS are known...maybe a different light will be shed on the issue.

i read one account that said the shooter had used "A Bushmaster"...

bubbapug1
12-29-2012, 10:03 AM
I wanna see the brass. What did they find on the floor at the scene?

Exactly, when the police chief kept saying it was impossible to determine how many shots had been fired I was baffled why didn't he just count the brass? Maybe the RO's from Angeles beat him to it...it could happen.

frankm
12-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Truth has nothing to do with it anyway.
The '94 ban was premised on a set of lies.

If they do the same thing, I won't be suprised if people "don't" follow the new law. Why should they.

vorra65
12-29-2012, 11:42 AM
The lyin bast@rds in the MSM will twist it whichever way they want to their advantage. Still no one wants to address the true fact- his mother is at total fault for all of it. She pulled the biggest fail of all.

Crazy happens, disarming the sane and rationale is not the answer.

Harrison_Bergeron
12-29-2012, 12:42 PM
his mother is at total fault for all of it. She pulled the biggest fail of all.

How so?

Are you condoning the disarming of "the sane and rationale" because they live with the non-sane and rational?

vorra65
12-29-2012, 12:50 PM
I think she failed as a gun owner and responsible parent-

She knew he was mentally unstable- yet she took him to the range with more than likely the weapon/weapons that lead to her and those children's demise.

Sorry, should have been clearer

Sublime_AC
12-29-2012, 1:36 PM
I think she failed as a gun owner and responsible parent-

She knew he was mentally unstable- yet she took him to the range with more than likely the weapon/weapons that lead to her and those children's demise.

Sorry, should have been clearer

My firearms are kept in a safe. When I had children in the home they did not have access to the safe. I took them to the range and taught them how to shoot, taught them respect for the destructive capabilities of firearms and instilled good morals / principles in to them from an early age. This is your responsibility as a parent.

This woman may have tried most of these things, but she let her son, who obviously had issues, have access to these firearms. I am sorry but at the very least they should have been locked up and he shouldn't have had access. If i were her I may have kept them out of the home entirely.

She failed and she paid the ultimate price, unfortunately her failure severely impacted 26 families, a community and may impact our rights as gun owners.

vorra65
12-29-2012, 1:39 PM
My firearms are kept in a safe. When I had children in the home they did not have access to the safe. I took them to the range and taught them how to shoot, taught them respect for the destructive capabilities of firearms and instilled good morals / principles in to them from an early age. This is your responsibility as a parent.

This woman may have tried most of these things, but she let her son, who obviously had issues, have access to these firearms. I am sorry but at the very least they should have been locked up and he shouldn't have had access. If i were her I may have kept them out of the home entirely.

She failed and she paid the ultimate price, unfortunately her failure severely impacted 26 families, a community and may impact our rights as gun owners.

+ 1000

Paul S
12-29-2012, 1:41 PM

Well put sir!

Harrison_Bergeron
12-29-2012, 2:28 PM
Requiring that guns be locked up or inoperable was one of the specific issues in Heller, was it not?

Are CGN members now saying that some people should have to keep their guns locked up or inoperable? Or not even have guns?

Harrison_Bergeron
12-29-2012, 2:28 PM
Requiring that guns be locked up or inoperable was one of the specific issues in Heller, was it not?

Are CGN members now saying that some people should have to keep their guns locked up or inoperable? Or not even have guns?

Sublime_AC
12-29-2012, 3:26 PM
Not at all. I am saying people should be responsible. My guns are locked up, it's the responsible thing to do. Leaving an arsenal easily accessible to somebody with mental issues is far from the responsible thing to do.

There are ways to secure your guns and still have quick access to them in an emergency.

gunsandrockets
12-29-2012, 3:27 PM
This video linked to aired on December 15. Many media reports in the first days after the murder contained incorrect or false information. This video fall into that false information category.

The medical examiner reported all the victims were shot multiple times with a rifle.

Ten Rounder
12-29-2012, 3:29 PM
Now just like Fast and Furious and Libia and story line that fits a NEED. The morning time needs to be checked. I thought i smelled a rat that morningas I it unfold in real time. (of the ever changing story.) Who witheld information for thier agenda?

Ten Rounder
12-29-2012, 3:30 PM
Now just like Fast and Furious and Libia and story line that fits a NEED. The morning time needs to be checked. I thought i smelled a rat that morningas I it unfold in real time. (of the ever changing story.) Who witheld information for thier agenda?

SanPedroShooter
12-29-2012, 3:32 PM
Not at all. I am saying people should be responsible. My guns are locked up, it's the responsible thing to do. Leaving an arsenal easily accessible to somebody with mental issues is far from the responsible thing to do.

There are ways to secure your guns and still have quick access to them in an emergency.

Its the most baffling thing about this case.

She seemed to know he had screws loose. The whole town, or at least everybody that came in contact with him, seemed to know it too.

How did he get the guns?

I would love to know the answer to that question.

I know he tried to buy one earlier and was either rejected or didnt want to wait.

I dont want to speculate, but why buy guns if you have them available? Maybe he shot her (repeatedly in the face) for the keys?

In the end, an irrational and determined person will be able to do a lot of damage if someone doesnt stop them first.

Librarian
12-29-2012, 4:03 PM
Dupe, more than a week old, and incident stuff goes to OT.