PDA

View Full Version : So now that I'm firmly entrenched in AZ

KenpoProfessor
08-19-2007, 11:27 AM
What law/s prohibit me from sending anything that is completely legal in my state to the PRK? Am I breaking any sort of Federal commerce laws if I should? I know FFLs are required by the ATF to not ship certain items but what about us normal citizens that have property and want to legally sell it, to anyone, anywhere that has the cash, or give it to someone for that matter?

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

AJAX22
08-19-2007, 11:37 AM
It really depends on what exactly you're talking about. guns? gun parts? brass knuckles? different stuff is restricted differently.

LAK Supply
08-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Ooh ooh...... can you send me one of those Russian bride imports....? :drool5:

KenpoProfessor
08-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Ooh ooh...... can you send me one of those Russian bride imports....? :drool5:

Hey dude, get your own dammit :D.

I'm talking gun parts, or anything else that is illegal in the PRK but not in the Free States. Firearms you need an FFL to transfer those out of state :( (what happened to "shall not be infringed?).

Clyde

thedrickel
08-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Yes I'm sure people will buy mag re-build kits, if that is what you are asking :confused:

Tweak338
08-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Mag rebuild kits?
M59/66's that are fair priced?(w/ the GL modified of course)

bg
08-19-2007, 2:23 PM
You might try sending some freedom, but I'm pretty sure that would get all the
red lights flashing in a heart beat...

MrTuffPaws
08-19-2007, 3:06 PM
You might try sending some freedom, but I'm pretty sure that would get all the
red lights flashing in a heart beat...

If freedom could be boxed and shipped, it would be the largest black market item here in CA.

BrianK_73
08-20-2007, 7:39 AM
If you aren't already, please consider joining the AzCDL - http://www.azcdl.org/. It's easier to prevent bad laws than it is to overturn them.

E Pluribus Unum
08-20-2007, 8:50 AM
Anyone else tired of hearing about Arizona?

Its like going into a Nazi prison camp and saying "Look at me, I am eating a nice big juicy tri-tip!"

BrianK_73
08-20-2007, 9:43 AM

No. Don't be jealous, be inspired.

PLINK
08-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Kempo, ever think about getting an 01 FFL? May be easier to get in AZ. Another CA friendly FFL out of state can always help, especially one one that knows our wacky laws.

grywlfbg
08-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, all the tongue-in-cheek responses aside, if the items in question violate Cali law but not AZ or Fed law, I doubt there's much of anything they (cali DOJ) could do to you. However, the person in Cali who bought them could easily be construed to be the "importer" and would be subject to punishment.

Granted, I Am Not A Lawyer so I could be completely wrong.

Python2
08-20-2007, 11:27 AM
No. Don't be jealous, be inspired.
You do not have beaches and perfect weather though:D

mooster
08-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I flew to Mesa last week for a meeting and got to hit both the Cabelas and Bass Pro. At the Cabela's "Bargain Cave" I spotted a 90rnd MWG magazine for $80.

Kenpo, as a new AZ resident it is your duty to head there now and buy it for yourself.

BrianK_73
08-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Well, all the tongue-in-cheek responses aside, if the items in question violate Cali law but not AZ or Fed law, I doubt there's much of anything they (cali DOJ) could do to you. However, the person in Cali who bought them could easily be construed to be the "importer" and would be subject to punishment.

Granted, I Am Not A Lawyer so I could be completely wrong.

An FFL in AZ can sale you anything that is legal in CA (IF you can find one that will do business with you at all). Naturally, handguns need to be transfered through an FFL in CA.

A while back I asked a dealer about sales of long guns and he produced a book that listed what he could legally sale to someone other than an AZ resident (broken down by state). IIRC, it was Bear Arms in Scottsdale - (480) 998-2727 if anybody wants to check. I didn't discuss any penalties involved for him.

BrianK_73
08-20-2007, 11:53 AM
You do not have beaches and perfect weather though:D

Its a small price to pay for freedom ;)

Glock22Fan
08-20-2007, 1:57 PM
If we are talking about, for instance, normal capacity (11+ round) mags, isn't the person who sends the mag the "importer"? Is there an extradition agreement between AZ and CA?

Crazed_SS
08-20-2007, 3:06 PM

*Raises hand*

Whoopty-doo.. someone moved to Arizona.. what an amazing accomplishment!!!

KenpoProfessor
08-20-2007, 6:15 PM
*Raises hand*

Whoopty-doo.. someone moved to Arizona.. what an amazing accomplishment!!!

Yes, it was an amazing accomplishment, espcially when I did it within 14 days. That's right, found a job, place to live, got the moving truck (17' fully loaded), packed up everything all by myself, trailered the car, unloaded all by myself, and now I live very happy. Seems to me you're very, very, very, very jealous, and so is E Pluribus Unum. BTW, I was told if I didn't like the PRK I should move, by a cop no less, so I did, and I've found freedom again exists in the USA. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Oh yea, I've got Sherriff Joe here enforcing the immigration laws, literally, like a mad man. If you're an illegal, and you go to visit someone in jail, you go to jail if you can't prove citizenship or resident alien. How da ya like that?

BTW, I also notice you were of no help with an answer to the question, wonder why that is?

Clyde

KenpoProfessor
08-20-2007, 6:17 PM
If we are talking about, for instance, normal capacity (11+ round) mags, isn't the person who sends the mag the "importer"? Is there an extradition agreement between AZ and CA?

Which is why I'm asking, I hadn't thought of that, don't think anyone else did either. Very interesting quagmire with that.

Clyde

eta34
08-20-2007, 6:18 PM
I believe it was be who told you to move. I admire the fact that instead of whining about how crappy California was, you actually did something about it. Congrats and good luck there.

BTW, what is the cop salary over there like? How about housing? Perhaps we can be neighbors.

KenpoProfessor
08-20-2007, 6:24 PM
I flew to Mesa last week for a meeting and got to hit both the Cabelas and Bass Pro. At the Cabela's "Bargain Cave" I spotted a 90rnd MWG magazine for $80.

Kenpo, as a new AZ resident it is your duty to head there now and buy it for yourself.

http://www.mwgco.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=MWG/PROD/90-Rounder/MWG-223-90A

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0033214227640a.shtml

Hmm, they're on sale, might have to go get one just for S & Gs, you know, cuz I LIVE IN AZ :D and it's legal, legal, legal.

Not so easy to get FFL living in the city, outside yes.

Clyde

Crazed_SS
08-20-2007, 6:30 PM
Yes, it was an amazing accomplishment, espcially when I did it within 14 days. That's right, found a job, place to live, got the moving truck (17' fully loaded), packed up everything all by myself, trailered the car, unloaded all by myself, and now I live very happy. Seems to me you're very, very, very, very jealous, and so is E Pluribus Unum. BTW, I was told if I didn't like the PRK I should move, by a cop no less, so I did, and I've found freedom again exists in the USA. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Good for you. It's still just a move to another state. It's not like you uprooted yourself and set up an outpost on the moon. It's not like you moved to another country, or even half-way across this country. You moved to a state bordering California. I understand your glad you're out of California, but like the other guy said, you seem to be throwing it in everyone's face. It'd be like me going over to a Honda Civic message board and talking crap because my Chevy has 400hp. I've been to Arizona and it really didnt seem all that special.. Personally, I'm looking to move to North Carolina or Virginia one day. :)

Oh yea, I've got Sherriff Joe here enforcing the immigration laws, literally, like a mad man. If you're an illegal, and you go to visit someone in jail, you go to jail if you can't prove citizenship or resident alien. How da ya like that?

Dont know what that has to do with anything, but I never once said illegals shouldnt be deported. I never once said immigration laws shouldnt be enforced.

I also notice you were of no help with an answer to the question, wonder why that is?

Honestly, I think you posted the question just to brag about being in Arizona... AGAIN.
You lived here long enough.. You know what you should and shouldnt ship here.

KenpoProfessor
08-20-2007, 6:32 PM
I believe it was be who told you to move. I admire the fact that instead of whining about how crappy California was, you actually did something about it. Congrats and good luck there.

BTW, what is the cop salary over there like? How about housing? Perhaps we can be neighbors.

Oh yea, it was you, and Uhh, do your own research there Bubba, and if you would, please move as far away from me as possible should you decide to actually face armed citizens daily if you move here. I like our cops here, so far, everyone I've met (even bought a gun from a PPD and the MCSD come to the gun shows) have been way cool LEO CITIZENS. No need to influence the goodness with your PRK attitude. I heard San Fran has an opening though ;).

Clyde

KenpoProfessor
08-20-2007, 6:35 PM
Good for you. It's still just a move to another state. It's not like you uprooted yourself and set up an outpost on the moon. It's not like you moved to another country, or even half-way across this country. You moved to a state bordering California. I understand your glad you're out of California, but like the other guy said, you seem to be throwing it in everyone's face. It'd be like me going over to a Honda Civic message board and talking crap because my Chevy has 400hp. I've been to Arizona and it really didnt seem all that special.. Personally, I'm looking to move to North Carolina or Virginia one day. :)

Dont know what that has to do with anything, but I never once said illegals shouldnt be deported. I never once said immigration laws shouldnt be enforced.

Honestly, I think you posted the question just to brag about being in Arizona... AGAIN.
You lived here long enough.. You know what you should and shouldnt ship here.

Funny, I don't remember getting a law degree, but I am familiar with much of the Ca Penal code, however, I LIVE IN AZ (more embellishment on my new found freedom ;)) and I'm not sure what law CA has in place that would be used to prosecute me here. So, once again, you're response was worthless as tits on a bore hog.

Clyde

Crazed_SS
08-20-2007, 6:39 PM
Even if there is no law against it, why would you ship an item here if you knew it was illegal for someone to posses here?

It's not gonna help anyone's cause if the person you shipped it to gets jammed up for a felony because you decided to ship 30 round mags to CA.

hawk1
08-20-2007, 6:41 PM
I have a request.

Any chance you can send that Sheriff from Maricopa County to Los Angeles for a couple years? :eek: Please?

Bet ya Joe Arpaio could clean up that toilet!

http://www.fulldisclosure.net/images/Guests/VideoBlog36_md.jpg

http://www.strangedangers.com/images/content/106053.jpg

http://img.stern.de/_content/53/92/539203/arpaio_250.jpg

thedrickel
08-20-2007, 6:42 PM
Even if there is no law against it, why would you ship an item here if you knew it was illegal for someone to posses here?

It's not gonna help anyone's cause if the person you shipped it to gets jammed up for a felony because you decided to ship 30 round mags to CA.

Maybe he feels a moral obligation to disobey unjust laws?

KenpoProfessor
08-20-2007, 6:44 PM

You see, once again you're of absolutely no use. I live in AZ, laws change daily in the PRK, most of which I'm not privvy to, and most of what I know is only researched conjecture of what may or may not be legal. If I decide to just quit visiting this site tomorrow, I may not know if the AW and mag ban was decided to be unconstitutional by the 9th circuit. So, what is legal here may be legal there tomorrow.

Clyde

Crazed_SS
08-20-2007, 6:46 PM

I guess.. Unfortunately the morality argument isnt gonna work in court when the California recipient of the illegal items gets busted.. but whatever, you guys do what you want.

KenpoProfessor
08-20-2007, 6:46 PM

A bit of civil disobedience is a good thing :D

Clyde

KenpoProfessor
08-20-2007, 6:50 PM
I guess.. Unfortunately the morality argument isnt gonna work in court when the California recipient of the illegal items gets busted.. but whatever, you guys do what you want.

Yea, and your butt would still be sitting in the back of the friggin' bus if it wasn't for Rosa Parks. Now, are you going to be of any use or not?

Clyde

Crazed_SS
08-20-2007, 6:51 PM
Yea, and your butt would still be sitting in the back of the friggin' bus if it wasn't for Rosa Parks. Now, are you going to be of any use or not?

Clyde

You are not Rosa Parks. If you were, you wouldnt be concerned with getting in trouble for shipping illegal items here.. you'd just do it and accept whatever the consequences might be.

KenpoProfessor
08-20-2007, 6:55 PM
You are not Rosa Parks.

Wow Captain Obvious, what an observation, I'm pigment challenged and have a penis. :eek:. Oh yea, and to your edit; I'm not retired or have any one to take care of my business if I'm in jail, therefore I'll be a litte more cautious.

Clyde

CavTrooper
08-20-2007, 7:01 PM
Jiminey christmas! Is moving out of CA such a huge deal? Ive been gone for 4 happy years, own all the "evil" things I want and still carry a CA DL! Its fun as hell pulling it out at the gunshop and seeing the reaction on thier faces. Good on ya for getting out! Ill be gone again after my Uncle Sam imposed 3 yr sentence. Seriously though, most of the country dislikes Californians who move to thier area and attempt to impose thier views on them, dont do that, assimilate or leave. I moved to the South, and now consider it my home!

eta34
08-20-2007, 9:04 PM
Oh yea, it was you, and Uhh, do your own research there Bubba, and if you would, please move as far away from me as possible should you decide to actually face armed citizens daily if you move here. I like our cops here, so far, everyone I've met (even bought a gun from a PPD and the MCSD come to the gun shows) have been way cool LEO CITIZENS. No need to influence the goodness with your PRK attitude. I heard San Fran has an opening though ;).

Clyde

Hey, I am one of the good guys. I am one of the CA cops who, gasp the thought, believe that cops are regular guys. I think we should all have guns, even the mentally disabled, such as yourself. :D

However, the low blow about SFPD is completely out of line. I'll have you know that I am forwarding this to the admin as we speak in hopes of a lifetime banishment from this site for you. "I spit in your general direction."

TonyM
08-20-2007, 9:17 PM
This thread is a complete

http://sithoughts.mu.nu/archives/trainwreck.jpg

jmlivingston
08-20-2007, 9:45 PM
This thread is closed. Not only has it gone beyond reasonable discussion, advocating activity which is illegal is simply not acceptable.

John

Kestryll
08-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes, this is a train wreck indeed.

Two points to make now that it is done.
Number one, Kenpo I am glad you are happy about your new home and are enjoying it. That said this forum was in part established because of the problems of going to gun forums and being hassled about living in California. Be as happy as you want, and we'll be happy for you too, but keep the 'rubbing it in' out of here.
Second, We do not allow nor condone illegal activity.
While we may not agree with the laws we will abide by them until such time as we can change them. Do not suggest or offer illegal activities again.
Thank you.

Edited to add: After a full rereading of this thread and your post, that's more than enough.