PDA

View Full Version : How about a jobs forum?

lazyworm
08-19-2007, 8:53 AM
How about a jobs, for hire, want to hire forum?

Sig357
08-19-2007, 10:49 AM
How about a jobs, for hire, want to hire forum?

Jobs forum would be cool, I need a new job.

hoozaru
08-19-2007, 11:22 AM
i need a job in free america, NV or AZ prefered.

VegasND
08-19-2007, 11:54 AM
You can have my job--do you like the company of 13 year old wonderful darling children that have never done anything wrong in their entire lives?

Can'thavenuthingood
08-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I thought I had a terrific idea for a forum but lazyworm thinks faster than me.

A jobs forum is a good idea.

We post open positions for fellow Calgunners.

No mail stuffing or make millions from home BS though.

We see whats going on around us in our little corner of the world, maybe a spot for one of us to move in and be your next door neighbor:D

Vick

maurice05
08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
well if interested the company i work for is hiring BUT the job only stars at $13.75 per hour but its a start if your not working and thats for who ever is around the long beach area we need about 13 people

hardkore909
08-23-2007, 4:10 PM
It would be a little bit late for a suggestion since the poll has already begun!

Can'thavenuthingood
08-25-2007, 5:15 PM
[QUOTE][long beach area we need about 13 people/QUOTE]

What does the job entail?

hardkore909
What would the ANG do with a retired Gunny? Could they keep up?

Vick

maurice05
08-25-2007, 6:27 PM
satellite installation for dish network im sorry just realized i didnt post what it was not a bad company it helps pay the bill and a good change or fresh start for some

Fjold
08-25-2007, 8:31 PM
I manage a gas turbine maintenance shop in Bakersfield for a mid-sized company that operates and maintains electrical power plants and I have an opening for a trainee gas turbine technician.

If you are interested in learning some pretty advanced technology, don't mind living in the Bakersfield area, have demonstrated experience in precision mechanical work (automotive, diesels, but gas turbine experience would be a shoe-in) and have some computer familiarity/skills (we use Word for report writing and use computers for high speed machinery balance and alignment work), PM me and I'll send you my email address so that you can send me your resume.

This is a very physically demanding job that also requires a lot of intelligence and candidates have to be quick learners and absorb a lot of technical knowledge.

The position requires very teamwork orientated attitude as you would be working long hours with another 7 technicians usually in crews of two - four technicians on 90% of our jobs. There is some night shift work, a lot of weekend work and some travel (probably about 15-20 nights away from home per year, in 3-4 day trips, mostly in California. The job entails a lot of stooping, bending, crawling and lifting of over 50 Lbs. You can figure on 500-800 hours of overtime a year, working in the heat, cold, heat, rain, heat and did I say heat?

We have a formal training and qualification program with a lot of self study and on the job training. I normally send a couple of technicians each year for advanced training to General Electric's training facility in Cincinatti but this year two of my techs went for two weeks of advanced training at Air New Zealand's facility in Auckland.

Trainee wage is above $20/Hr but after a 14-16 months (that's the average time, it's self paced) and successful completion of the training program the pay rate goes up above $25/hour.

maurice05
08-25-2007, 8:59 PM
hell i wish it was closer to los angeles!

stangman86gt
08-25-2007, 11:51 PM
One of our surgical techs just left up here at mercy medical mt shasta