PDA

View Full Version : Any body order an M44 from aim check you bayonet(locking collar)

eagle eye
12-28-2012, 3:42 PM
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of a Russian M44 Carbine(s). Please take a moment to examine the bayonet lug on your rifle(s) and the bayonet(s) included. We may have accidentally shipped you the incorrect bayonet handle (locking collar). There are two types of lugs and bayonet handles (locking collars) on the M44. Please see the photos below.

The "2 Hook Lug" utilizes the "male" collar as shown, while the "single hook" lug utilizes the "female" or single notched collar.

If you need to exchange your bayonet please do the following:
1. Simply slide off the collar (handle) from the bayonet
2. Mail ONLY THE COLLAR via the postal service in a small padded envelope to the following address:
AIM Inc
3801 Lefferson Rd
Middletown, OH 45044
Attn: M44 Bayo Exchange
3. Include your postal delivery address
4. We will mail the proper replacement immediately upon receipt.
Thanks for your cooperation and we apologize for the inconvenience,

AIM Surplus

TRICKSTER
12-28-2012, 4:04 PM
Mine checked out okay but I think it's bad customer service to have the customer pay to ship it back when it is AIM's mistake.

w55
12-28-2012, 4:43 PM
Mine just shipped. Find out in few days

Vlad 11
12-28-2012, 5:51 PM
Mine came correct, early style

SideWinder11
12-28-2012, 8:01 PM
Mine is wrong and according the the email I got from AIM I have to pay and inconvenience myself for their mistake.

PsychGuy274
12-29-2012, 9:12 AM
Wait, I thought the bayos on M44s were non-detachable. Am I missing something here? I have one on order from AIM right now, but it hasn't shipped yet.

GrizzlyGuy
12-29-2012, 9:31 AM
Wait, I thought the bayos on M44s were non-detachable. Am I missing something here? I have one on order from AIM right now, but it hasn't shipped yet.

On their M44 page (http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=676&name=Russian+Mosin+Nagant+Model+1944+7.62x54R+Carb ine) it says "Bayonet packaged separately". Mine haven't shipped either so hopefully they'll send the correct locking collars.

PsychGuy274
12-29-2012, 9:43 AM
On their M44 page (http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=676&name=Russian+Mosin+Nagant+Model+1944+7.62x54R+Carb ine) it says "Bayonet packaged separately". Mine haven't shipped either so hopefully they'll send the correct locking collars.

I saw that, but I just figured that it was a mistake. Why would they separate them?

Vlad 11
12-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Why would they separate them?

I believe they were separated to comply with import restrictions.

These originated in Russia and were designated as 'hunting rifles'

eagle eye
01-01-2013, 2:13 PM
Mine is wrong and according the the email I got from AIM I have to pay and inconvenience myself for their mistake.
I agree they should send you the correct part to fix their mistake with a prepaid envelope so you can put wrong part on the mail.