PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE STOP assuming the worst and READ THIS

parched90
12-28-2012, 2:20 PM
As gun owners we need to STOP this pessimistic attitude IMMEDIATELY that a new "ban" is going to take place. Lately we hear casual talk like "when the new ban goes into effect" and "the coming ban" etc, as if this is already a done deal. WAKE UP, because its not! That kind of attitude leads to complacency!

We all need to realize that since the last ban expired, this industry has grown tremendously and there are millions of new law-abiding, responsible gun owners out there just like you!

You MUST take 3 minutes out of your day from searching for guns, magazine, parts etc, and take that time to WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVES at all levels of government. Local, state and most importantly at the federal level. Think LONG TERM! Thats how the other side operates and we need to as well.

#1) If your representatives are on the other side of the isle, WHO CARES, they still need to hear from you. Even if you are in a district where your representative does not agree with you, lets say under normal conditions 3% of responses on gun issues they get are against gun control. Now lets say because of you and your friends that number jumps to 5%, 10% or 15%+. Regardless if a higher % disagree, it will still be reported to them by their staffers as a new development/trend and it might just make them soften their stance; a softened stance is better than its prior state.

#2) You must understand that your actual representatives likely will not read your letter/email. HOWEVER their STAFFERS will read them. This is a NUMBERS GAME.

#3) The staffers keep simple counts for their bosses (your representatives) of how many emails/letters came in FOR or AGAINST additional gun control legislation. The more emails/letters AGAINST new gun control legislation vs. those for it will make your representative think before voting for some new piece of legislation that will have zero effect and will just further impede law abiding owners rights.

#4) Keep your email/letter short and simple. ONE or TWO sentences MAX. Simply state your position and note that you will be encouraging your friends/family and anyone you can talk to, to vote them out of office if they vote for it.

#5) Don't let the other side shout our side down. Make your voice heard. Combined, we need to be louder than them!

The consequences of NOT acting will lead to long term repercussions.

Do you want to be FINGERPRINTED and PHOTOGRAPHED like a common criminal or not be able to will your private property to your heirs? You should be OUTRAGED by the suggestion!

Write your representatives today! Its EASY!

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: http://house.gov/htbin/findrep

SENATE: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

http://nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

DONATE AND HELP TO THE FAMILIES OF NEWTOWN: http://newtownmemorialfund.org/

REPOST THIS EVERYWHERE AND EMAIL IT YOUR YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY!

Guntech
12-28-2012, 2:23 PM
Is it just me, or is it strange to send money to someone whose child was murdered? I never understood who started this donation thing, but it seems weird.

supermanuf
12-28-2012, 2:32 PM
Do you want to be FINGERPRINTED and PHOTOGRAPHED like a common criminal or not be able to will your private property to your heirs? You should be OUTRAGED by the suggestion!

Especially because these provisions of the bill would have done NOTHING to stop Adam Lanza.

Vlad 11
12-28-2012, 3:43 PM
Especially because these provisions of the bill would have done NOTHING to stop Adam Lanza.

How could they? When Mrs GunGrabber herself said she has been working on her bill for over a year. Much before that worthless murdering nobody came around.

Its a grasping at straws , desperate, last ditch, ridiculously overreaching proposal. Obviously in the works for quite some time.

'I'll pick the time and the place, no question about that' she says in 2009

Back to the point, I think many more people will see thru this and the fact she is trying to go so far will draw many more off the sidelines. This isn't 1994

The OP is right, we all need to add our voice to this, i think the antis are going to be shocked by the backlash

parched90
01-02-2013, 4:28 PM
....we all need to add our voice to this, i think the antis are going to be shocked by the backlash

Very true, including at the state/fed level (both) due to so many things happening at state levels as well.

Rossi357
01-02-2013, 5:33 PM
Where did Mrs. Gungrabber got her grocery list. I thinking she got it from the pro gun forums.
We blame the oc ban on the oc'ers. Do we blame the bullet button ban on everyone who has a bullet button? Do we blame the assault weapon ban on everyone who has one? Do we blame the mag ban on everyone who has one?

Moonshine
01-02-2013, 5:40 PM
Writing and calling representatives is HIGHLY effective, it's how we beat Yee's ban last year. We had no NRA help it was a grass roots victory. And we need to take the initiative to do the same this time.

As for the "comming ban" ill start worrying when Boehner and Graham hold a press conference and say they prayed and god told them to support Fienstein's bill. All over congress there are people laughing at her bill, it shows she's gone senile to ever think the GOP house or even the Senate where many red state democrats would be gauranteeing their defeat in 2014 if they supported this bill.

This bill is the "go for broke" dying breath of the gun control crowd.

lavey29
01-02-2013, 5:50 PM
Writing and calling representatives is HIGHLY effective, it's how we beat Yee's ban last year. We had no NRA help it was a grass roots victory. And we need to take the initiative to do the same this time.

As for the "comming ban" ill start worrying when Boehner and Graham hold a press conference and say they prayed and god told them to support Fienstein's bill. All over congress there are people laughing at her bill, it shows she's gone senile to ever think the GOP house or even the Senate where many red state democrats would be gauranteeing their defeat in 2014 if they supported this bill.

This bill is the "go for broke" dying breath of the gun control crowd.

I sure hope our Rep and Dem (a few) reps up there have the balls to do the right things and stand up for our 2nd. I would hate to think their vote is for sale but in reality it is in some way shape or form.

advocatusdiaboli
01-02-2013, 7:34 PM
Where did Mrs. Gungrabber got her grocery list. I thinking she got it from the pro gun forums.
We blame the oc ban on the oc'ers. Do we blame the bullet button ban on everyone who has a bullet button? Do we blame the assault weapon ban on everyone who has one? Do we blame the mag ban on everyone who has one?

I think you are mixing apples and oranges. The issue with the OCers is that they flaunted their right in an "in your face John Q Public" manner which inflamed fear rather than reason. I dont' see bullet button owners standing in front of the local supermarket operating them—and if I did I'd plead with them to stop. Gun owners are a minority and we need to stay rational but committed to our position and keep emotion out of it.

Rossi357
01-02-2013, 7:46 PM
I think you are mixing apples and oranges. The issue with the OCers is that they flaunted their right in an "in your face John Q Public" manner which inflamed fear rather than reason. I dont' see bullet button owners standing in front of the local supermarket operating them—and if I did I'd plead with them to stop. Gun owners are a minority and we need to stay rational but committed to our position and keep emotion out of it.

I was an oc'er and I never saw any fear....ever. Any reaction I ever got from the public was positive.
We never stood anywhere "operating them. Thats brandshing.
I suspect you never attended one, with or without a firearm, because what you have described never happened.

Hoologan
01-02-2013, 8:06 PM
Done and will continue to do so every couple of days. Thanks!

cleonard
01-02-2013, 8:12 PM
I don't see the federal bill as it stands having any chance at all. I'm more concerned about what will be proposed in Sacramento this year. I expect to be sending a lot of correspondence to the state capitol this year.

cleonard
01-02-2013, 8:13 PM
I don't see the federal bill as it stands having any chance at all. I'm more concerned about what will be proposed in Sacramento this year. I expect to be sending a lot of correspondence to the state capitol this year.

nomad05
01-02-2013, 8:40 PM
Good article on Politico -- Gun Control Doesn't Survive Christmas (http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/gun-control-doesnt-survive-christmas-153146.html).

The article basically illustrates how most of the forward momentum comes from the main stream media but quickly evaporates despite December's events being a "watershed" moment for gun control.

It also shows what an ADHD society we are.

But IMO this article shouldn't be used to think we're in the clear.

Jaxpire
01-02-2013, 8:47 PM
To parched90, Very good post thank you!

kcjr1125
01-02-2013, 9:27 PM
thank you for the links OP. did my duty AND signed up for NRA membership along with wife. FREEDOM aint free and we must all do our job to keep up the fight

Sakiri
01-02-2013, 9:41 PM
I never write politicians.

That said, I shot a letter off to Frankenstein, erm, Feinstein, Boxer and Thompson. I don't expect a miracle but hey, I can't say I didn't do anything.

Do they really want to be known as the return of the Third Reich?

Sakiri
01-02-2013, 9:41 PM
I never write politicians.

That said, I shot a letter off to Frankenstein, erm, Feinstein, Boxer and Thompson. I don't expect a miracle but hey, I can't say I didn't do anything.

Do they really want to be known as the return of the Third Reich?

phrogg111
01-02-2013, 9:49 PM
I'm sorry to say, the only thing I am going to do is hope that politicians can get their act together, or try to peacefully participate in the coming American revolution if they can't.

The ban? It's coming. That's a fact. By "coming", I mean that the ban is going to be a law, written, messed up along the whole process, made more complicated, and then, if we're really unlucky, after lots of people have fought it, hopefully it'll go away - until the next tragedy strikes. If we're unlucky, then good people with guns will take up arms for our country, and make bad things happen to bad people.

As an Iraq/Afghanistan vet, I'm not fighting anymore. Can't bring myself to do it. I'm done with that life. That's why the best thing I can do is say this: Armed security guards protect good people against bad people with guns. If armed security guards are unaffordable, then we need to change our budgets. If armed security guards are something you think is a bad idea, then you need to get the hell out of politics, because you're killing people. Literally. Oh, and you're convincing the idiots to try to take away my rights.

phrogg111
01-02-2013, 9:49 PM
I'm sorry to say, the only thing I am going to do is hope that politicians can get their act together, or try to peacefully participate in the coming American revolution if they can't.

The ban? It's coming. That's a fact. By "coming", I mean that the ban is going to be a law, written, messed up along the whole process, made more complicated, and then, if we're really unlucky, after lots of people have fought it, hopefully it'll go away - until the next tragedy strikes. If we're unlucky, then good people with guns will take up arms for our country, and make bad things happen to bad people.

As an Iraq/Afghanistan vet, I'm not fighting anymore. Can't bring myself to do it. I'm done with that life. That's why the best thing I can do is say this: Armed security guards protect good people against bad people with guns. If armed security guards are unaffordable, then we need to change our budgets. If armed security guards are something you think is a bad idea, then you need to get the hell out of politics, because you're killing people. Literally. Oh, and you're convincing the idiots to try to take away my rights.

wjc
01-02-2013, 9:56 PM
In essence, good post OP.

Write your reps. Make your voice heard.

Sublime_AC
01-03-2013, 2:21 AM
Don't assume the worst? Look at what kind of garbage we have running the country! The likes of Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Harry Reid and John Boehner. Look at the "Fiscal Cliff Deal" they came to yesterday and tell me we should not fear the worst. Diane Feinstein had gun control legislation ready to go right after the election, before this incident even happened. Tell me not to fear the worst and I laugh at you.

rolo
01-03-2013, 12:22 PM

Do you really mean what you wrote or did something get lost in translation from brain to keyboard? If you meant every word, you are one confused, defeatist dude. I hope you find peace.

LibertyDeath
01-03-2013, 12:28 PM
From what I know all contacts are rated by points. For example an email gets 1 point, a letter gets say 3 points, a call gets 5 points and showing up at their office is 10 points. I don't know if this is entirely accurate but it does seem logical that the more effort you make the more weighted your opinion is.