PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Bulge, comparison.

nicki
12-28-2012, 1:52 PM
From our opponents perspective, for the most part they ha e been in strategic retreat and they know it. They have a seige mentality just like Hitler probably did in those final days of world war two.

Something we know is that the antis will always be ready to try to exploit a mass shooting and because they think the country thinks like them, they think they are invincible.

The German Army thought that they were going to win at the battle of the bulge and when the battle first started, our side got slammed.

However, the Germans did not have enough resources to maintain the fight, their offense literally ran out of gas and when the weather cleared up and our bombers could see their tanks, well the rest is history.

The gun issue had become a keep of the radar issue since 2006. The dems got that message in 2004 after Bush got reelected and the republicans didn't lose seats for failing to renew the AW ban.

If Diane Feinstein went for something small, like limit magazine capacity of rifles to 10 rounds and handguns to 15 rounds and stay away from banning guns based on cosmetic features, many on our side would probably accept this concession, especially if the bill included an olive branch like 50 state carry.

Fortunately for us our opponents are emotional self righteous idiots who will motivate many people on our side to get off the sidelines.

Once Americans release just how extensive Diane Feinstein's proposals are, we will see a full on mobilization of our side.

I know if I was in the RNC I would be ecstatic because I would be looking at the 2014 elections all across the country. My target would be the so called hunter democrats who vote for this Di Fi's bill.

The Dem's don't have 60 votes in the Senate, so you can bet we will see the mother of all filibusters and that means we are going to get a lot of on the record stuff that can come back and bite the anyone who votes for her bill.

BTW, the new senator from South Carolina is a Black Conservative Republican. I plan to contact his office, touch base with staffers because he looks pro gun and if so, he may be the perfect person to tie that without gun rights(deacons for peace and justice), the civil rights movement in the south may have failed.

Alan Gottlieb's leadership at the SAF means a lot of gun folks are working together, for you new folks, that means the NRA isn't the only game in town.

It is the folks from Flyover country that will ultimately decide the fate of Di Fi's AW bill.

Stay strong, we will take some PR hits, but ultimately we will win.

Nicki

Mulay El Raisuli
12-29-2012, 7:20 AM
Yes, we will.

The Raisuli

donw
12-29-2012, 8:28 AM
both sides took a battering in the battle of the bulge...it was a narrow victory for the allies...casualties were 89,000 including 19,000 dead, a dreadful price to pay. but the right side DID prevail.

we, the right side, will indeed, prevail, but there will be a price to be paid...just what it will be, has yet to be seen...

sholling
12-29-2012, 8:49 AM
I suspect that DiFi's AWB is the shinny ball that we're all supposed to fixate on while they sneak through a ban on sales of full-cap magazines. There are enough turncoat A-raters to allow them to sneak a magazine ban through especially if it's "sweetened" by being tied to tax cuts or farm subsidies or some other congressional fetish. They assume that there won't be much if any push-back from the Fudds and the I-Got-Mine types or those already in restricted states and they'll have the media and the soccer moms on their side. That could pass if we don't stay on top of it.

Of course that's just phase-1 because once they've banned the sales of full-capacity magazines they'll wait for the next tragedy to make simple possession of full-capacity magazines a felony (phase-II). That'll be easy because the only ones that will care are the now isolated I-Got-Mine types. The Democrats are experts at divide and conquer.

SwissFluCase
12-29-2012, 10:50 AM
100 percent correct on all counts. This *is* their last stand, and they are putting it all on the line. What they didn't count on is that they have just energized the RKBA community, and we are stronger than we were in 1994.

Obama is not stupid; he sees it. This is why he has tried to slow things down a bit in the last week.

Donw, we had one advantage over the Germans, and that was greater numbers and resources. Even if we had lost the Battle of the Bulge, we still would have won the war. The cost would have been much higher, though. The lesson to be learned is to go after the anti's so hard that they can never regroup, no matter what. If they win this round it isn't over, but it will be harder.

Sholling, I agree with you 100 percent. The new AWB is so extreme there is no way that it will pass. It is as extreme as the 1994 ban was when it was introduced. The NRA then negotiated our rights away, but they did get the 10 year sunset, without which it would have been DOA. We can't let the NRA trade our rights away again, and those who support compromise must be educated. We don't need to negotiate or compromise. The only acceptable outcome is their unconditional surrender or their total defeat.

Of course the new AWB may be a diversion for something completely different. Be very wary.

This is our chance to end the scourge of disarmament for good. Attack with as much intensity as possible, and finish them off!!!

Regards,

SwissFluCase

Meplat
12-29-2012, 11:17 AM
So, you donít think the NRA will be playing the 101st Airborne in this fight? Who will? :43:

100 percent correct on all counts. This *is* their last stand, and they are putting it all on the line. What they didn't count on is that they have just energized the RKBA community, and we are stronger than we were in 1994.

Obama is not stupid; he sees it. This is why he has tried to slow things down a bit in the last week.

Donw, we had one advantage over the Germans, and that was greater numbers and resources. Even if we had lost the Battle of the Bulge, we still would have won the war. The cost would have been much higher, though. The lesson to be learned is to go after the anti's so hard that they can never regroup, no matter what. If they win this round it isn't over, but it will be harder.

Sholling, I agree with you 100 percent. The new AWB is so extreme there is no way that it will pass. It is as extreme as the 1994 ban was when it was introduced. The NRA then negotiated our rights away, but they did get the 10 year sunset, without which it would have been DOA. We can't let the NRA trade our rights away again, and those who support compromise must be educated. We don't need to negotiate or compromise. The only acceptable outcome is their unconditional surrender or their total defeat.

Of course the new AWB may be a diversion for something completely different. Be very wary.

This is our chance to end the scourge of disarmament for good. Attack with as much intensity as possible, and finish them off!!!

Regards,

SwissFluCase

SwissFluCase
12-29-2012, 11:52 AM
So, you donít think the NRA will be playing the 101st Airborne in this fight? Who will? :43:

Us. :D

Regards,

SwissFluCase

kcbrown
12-29-2012, 3:35 PM
If Diane Feinstein went for something small, like limit magazine capacity of rifles to 10 rounds and handguns to 15 rounds and stay away from banning guns based on cosmetic features, many on our side would probably accept this concession, especially if the bill included an olive branch like 50 state carry.

No more "compromise". I've had it with the antis' version of "compromise".

What will we give up the next time something like this happens (and it will happen again no matter what laws we put in place. Note how even China is having problems with mass killings of kids in schools, in that case with knives)? Will we give up yet something else? Will we allow our liberty to be continually eroded until, one day, there is none left? When will we say that enough is enough?

No. I say ENOUGH!! We've already given far too much ground. No more concessions. From here on out, every concession must be fought as if our lives depend on it, because in the real world and for at least some of us, they surely do.

There is only one possible exception to that: the "compromise" is done as part of a strategy that includes regaining what was lost due to the concession. :43:

nicki
12-29-2012, 3:54 PM
na100 percent correct on all counts. This *is* their last stand, and they are putting it all on the line. What they didn't count on is that they have just energized the RKBA community, and we are stronger than we were in 1994.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

The NRA has cut deals in the past, but in fairness the NRA is going to look at protecting the interests of most of it's members, even if it means that a small segment gets thrown under the bus.

The Hughes amendment is such an example and when it was added the NRA said at the time that it could be dealt with in the courts. That was in 1986.

Back in 1994, the number of gun owners who had black rifles was a lot less than what we have today. What was yesterday's assault rifle is now today's modern sporting rifle.

The 5.56, 7.62 x 39, are among the most affordable calibers to shoot and it happens that most of the rifles chambered in those calibers happen to be semi autos with ergonomic furniture.;)

The British and Australians banned all semi auto rifles, not just military style and they did it quickly because those gun owners viewed their guns as a hobby and sport rather than a right and because their guns were registered.

The Australians actually did pay market value, in some cases more.

This time I think that we are more united, there are more of us, we have better communications between us, the MSM has actually been losing market share, and if we actually do see a new fed AW bill passed, we now actually have a chance of the federal courts invalidating the law.

It is very likely the US Supreme court will be addressing the AW issue within the next 2 years anyway and assuming the Heller 5 are still on the bench, common arms and their normal features should be ruled constitutionally protected.

If you can't ban handguns on a so called public safety argument, then there is no way that the public safety argument on black rifles should even see the light of day in any court.

Many of you that I have met were young children when the first AW ban was passed, so even though things look bad now, we really are in better shape than we were in 1994.

Obama isn't stupid, he knows he didn't win the election, rather Romney lost it due to a poorly run campaign, stupid comments that he made and certainly unbelievably stupid remarks certain US Senate candidates made.

From his perspective, he sees gridlock and this gun issue is going to gridlock the house and senate. Gridlock means nothing will get done. If things get out of hand, he could go from being a lame duck to a dead duck president after the 2014 elections.

Putting Joe Bidden in charge means the gaffe master is leading the other side. Bidden's ego is so large that he actually believes what he says.

Nicki

SwissFluCase
12-29-2012, 4:45 PM
I agree with all of the above, plus I would add that we are no longer isolated from each other as a community. Back in 1994 the big media still controlled the news, and they did a pretty good job of making gun owners feel like a small minority. In today's age of social media, however, that tactic is not going to work. We know we are the majority opinion in this country, and we can compare notes.

I still hold that the anti gun lobby gave a huge boost for the 2nd Amendment by making black rifles extremely popular. Without their efforts the black rifle community would have never flourished. Suck it, Sarah!

Regards,

SwissFluCase

donw
12-30-2012, 8:23 AM
it is my "suspicion"...better yet...my hope and belief...that the black rifle industries in this country will unite along with the grass roots of the firearms community and will put difi, yee and deleon where they should be...out of a job.

the black rifle industry is, now worth, into the billions of dollars...they should be able to 'pony up' and hire the best anti-difi lawyers on the planet. they have their very livelihood at stake.

donw
12-30-2012, 8:23 AM
it is my "suspicion"...better yet...my hope and belief...that the black rifle industries in this country will unite along with the grass roots of the firearms community and will put difi, yee and deleon where they should be...out of a job.

the black rifle industry is, now worth, into the billions of dollars...they should be able to 'pony up' and hire the best anti-difi lawyers on the planet. they have their very livelihood at stake.

fonso
12-30-2012, 8:37 AM
[snip]

BTW, the new senator from South Carolina is a Black Conservative Republican. I plan to contact his office, touch base with staffers because he looks pro gun and if so, he may be the perfect person to tie that without gun rights(deacons for peace and justice), the civil rights movement in the south may have failed.

[snip]
Nicki

Tim Scott is his name. I have seen him many times on TV and he is definitely on our side!!! :cool2: