PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Jacumba recently?

10ring
08-18-2007, 5:42 PM
I have not been there in a year and planning to go soon. I want to make sure it is still being used and ok.
thanks

10ring
08-21-2007, 3:55 PM
A lot of shot up VCR's, Computer Monitors, Microwaves, etc. We need to clean up after ourselves or another place will be closed.

xd402006
11-15-2009, 12:46 PM
ive been going out there for the past few weekends and its still up and running just ask for everyone to pick up your trash. i will be going out there again next weekend for alittle bit of clean up and shooting.

Macadelic4
11-15-2009, 2:05 PM
ive been going out there for the past few weekends and its still up and running just ask for everyone to pick up your trash. i will be going out there again next weekend for alittle bit of clean up and shooting.

+1, people really need to be much neater out there. Jacumba is a great place, even though parts of it (possibly all?) are now closed b/c BP felt the need to build a utility road through it.

Casual_Shooter
11-15-2009, 3:27 PM
Last time we were there, a group of guys had just gotten done doing a bit of cleanup. Looked pretty good, although there were a lot of shotgun shells laying around.

While we were there, some guys drove up with some TV's etc. We were sure to tell them to pack there stuff up after they were done.

patrickstarfish
11-15-2009, 9:48 PM
10ring,

Please post updates after your trip. I am planning to go there for the first time Thanksgiving weekend. My first priority is bringing a big box for trash.

I plan on shooting steel plates, paper targets, cans, maybe clay (shouldn't make much mess with centerfire ammo). Let me know if these targets are acceptable in Jacumba? I want to help clean up and not leave any trail.

Patrick

patrickstarfish
11-16-2009, 8:45 AM
+1, people really need to be much neater out there. Jacumba is a great place, even though parts of it (possibly all?) are now closed b/c BP felt the need to build a utility road through it.

Is it totally closed officially or partially closed?

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/elcentro.Par.65362.File.dat/airportmesa_closure.pdf

SeanCasey
11-16-2009, 10:19 AM
I was down there recently for a non-shooting reason and it seems that the shooting spots that face south were closed, but the next hill over which has the shooting spots facing east seemed fairly active and the border patrol indicated that hill is open.

Macadelic4
11-17-2009, 7:14 PM
Is it totally closed officially or partially closed?

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/elcentro.Par.65362.File.dat/airportmesa_closure.pdf

Last time I went (almost a year ago), Jacumba West was closed; east was still open. Looks like this has changed, though I'm unsure as to how long.

There was also a bunch of politicking re: closing everything south of the I-8 to target shooting. I don't recall where I read that, but the petition to make it not happen apparently fell through :(.

xd402006
11-23-2009, 5:51 PM
i was out there last week, and did some more shooting and cleaning up as well, once again a great place to shoot. But once again i noticed that there is alot more trash and what not out there than when i was out there before. possibly heading up there the day after thanksgiving, or possibly this weekend.