PDA

View Full Version : DOJ No longer in Possession form

leitung
12-28-2012, 9:49 AM
I moved up to WA a few months ago, I finally got around to doing this. My only question is that I don't remember the dates I got some of the firearms, and the ones I do it's a shot in the dark.

I am concerned because they have the whole "under penalty of perjury, we will send out our government minions to haul you off for re education about why guns are bad" thingy on the bottom, and I want to be sure I am not going to have any issues if I leave the ones I don't know blank or the ones with my best guess are wrong.

G-forceJunkie
12-28-2012, 10:13 AM
There is a difference between knowingly giving false info vs giving info to the best of your recollection. I would fill it out as accurately as you can, what more can they ask of you.

mrdd
12-28-2012, 10:30 AM
If you leave an entry blank, you are not giving false information.

In any case, why bother to report that you moved? Note that they are not going to expunge your info from the database just because you send in a form. You are actually giving them more information than if you just do nothing.

Gray Peterson
12-28-2012, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't do this.

bwiese
12-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Why are you voluntarily helping DOJ make its database more accurate?

Esp given you're in WA?

leitung
12-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Why are you voluntarily helping DOJ make its database more accurate?

Esp given you're in WA?

I want to sell a couple of the guns I bought in CA up here, I don't want the possibility of those guns showing up in CA as registered to me.

damoni
12-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Sell them on calguns and ship em back!! Woo-hoo!

mrdd
12-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I want to sell a couple of the guns I bought in CA up here, I don't want the possibility of those guns showing up in CA as registered to me.

It does not matter. They aren't going to erase the existing info from the database.

ETA: How do we know this? Because one of the provisions of the "personal firearm importer" law is that you only report items you acquired outside of California. The implication being that it is already in the database if you acquired it here.

They will never delete your info. Information is the lifeblood of the State.

G-forceJunkie
12-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Just keep a record of the sale (dros if washington has such a thing) or bill of sale signed by the buyer. If a gun you ever sell ends up at a murder scene, your getting a knock on your door no matter what, just be able to show it left your posession so they can follow it on down the line of owners.