PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Points for Fight

El Toro
12-28-2012, 9:01 AM
No, there isnt an official bill to argue against yet. However, since most of the arguments are the same tired ban firearms, gut the 2nd amendment hysteria, why cant we more precisely define what "we" want? Im sure that is what the NRA did for the week they were silent. They kept their message simple because it reasonates so much more clearly.

Our position is "not one inch" but we arent going to be able to have a conversation without talking points. If we can define our main points and then backfill with the arguments, we should be able to win the minds of people who have a "go along with the crowd" mentality. We want those folks to follow our lead yes?

Im not advocating handing over a strategy blueprint. That would be stupid in an open forum. But our positions arent a secret. They are however poorly organized and I see the same questions and ideas popping up in new threads everyday. Yes NRAILA has stated many points but bear with me.

By bullet point I mean items to arm those who may speak for us and help our rabble speak for themselves.

Place trained, armed security in every school
Demand Congress make Instant Checks the Law
Force states to provide Mental Statuses to NICS within 24 hours
etc.

This helps us focus our positions, moves the argument away from scary guns and makes us more legitimate stakeholders. Im tired of being seen as one of the un-washed masses or some gun nut. I feel I get treated like this from both sides, the Antis AND the NRA.

SoCal Bob
12-28-2012, 9:26 AM
There are variations of this all over the Internet but this should be one of our main themes:

Making good people helpless does not make bad people harmless.

majtom94
12-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks, I'm adopting, all reasonable actions.

Paindoc
12-28-2012, 8:26 PM
They will probably argue to ban bullet points...

zhyla
12-28-2012, 10:07 PM

Per recent internal Brady Campaign memo they are switching over to victim points.

strongpoint
12-28-2012, 10:34 PM

in san francisco, they're trying to ban hollow ones.

Mulay El Raisuli
12-29-2012, 4:31 PM
There are variations of this all over the Internet but this should be one of our main themes:

Making good people helpless does not make bad people harmless.

That's real good. Short & sweet.

The Raisuli

JoshuaS
12-29-2012, 8:41 PM
One caveat, "Force states to provide Mental Statuses to NICS within 24 hours"

Hell no. Unless one has been committed, or found by a court to be dangerous to self or others, i.e. unless there is already a public record. What is said between a patient and his therapist, is privileged

We would do well not to trash our other rights in order to secure gun rights

MP301
12-29-2012, 10:10 PM
I think he meant that once a person is found mentally unstable by a court, that it needs to be found in the database within 24 hours.

MP301
12-29-2012, 10:11 PM
I think he meant that once a person is found mentally unstable by a court, that it needs to be found in the database within 24 hours.