PDA

View Full Version : We are the grassroots, what have you done to help the fight?

Danz la Nuit
12-28-2012, 12:49 AM
In the last 2 weeks I have renewed my NRA membership, purchased lifetime (25$/3months) NRA memberships for each one of my parents.

I gave 400$ to the CRPA earlier this year

I give 25$ a month to the CGF

I have given 50$ to each state gun rights group that is most prominent in whatever state the shooting took place in. ie: Colorado, Connecticut

I have had over 50 patient, and productive gun rights conversations with people I know who are at various levels of gun support

I have taken 2 others shooting and they are both actively researching what their impending first firearm purchases will be.

Also...

Donated to the "assaulted" documentary in production

Creeping Incrementalism
12-28-2012, 6:27 AM
In the last 2 weeks I have renewed my NRA membership, purchased lifetime (25$/3months) NRA memberships for each one of my parents.

You're not a lifer already?

I donated to the NRA-ILA; wrote my rep, Senators, and Obama; and went on a panic-buying spree.

I also did some online debating on a UC Berkeley related forum. I don't think I changed the opinions of the people I was arguing with more than a little, but hopefully a few people just reading the thread and not posting became less anti-gun. I once gave a pro-gun speech for a speech class at Berkeley and it was surprisingly well received, so I think I can be hopeful.

yuccales
12-28-2012, 2:05 PM
I have had over 50 patient, and productive gun rights conversations with people I know who are at various levels of gun support

I have taken 2 others shooting and they are both actively researching what their impending first firearm purchases will be.

Well done! Very important to get the word out in an adult manner. This is such a great hobby we have in common, and it only gets better when we can share it with people who are on the fence about gun ownership.The letter writing and phone calls are darn important also. Danz and Creeping, keep up the good work!

chiselchst
12-28-2012, 2:30 PM
Money -> CGF
Money -> NRA Legal Dept
Money -> Assualted Video
Plus more...

It's not about the amount of money, or time contributed; some do a lot, some do much less, but we can ALL do something...such as volunteering, or committing time for the cause.

And now's the time to reach deep. I have, will you? Everyone can bring SOMETHING to the table here :oji:

dunndeal
12-28-2012, 2:34 PM
Sent a donation to CGF today.

13withinfinity
12-28-2012, 2:37 PM
Converted 5 female employees. They added 2 glock 19s, an M&P9, an XD9 and a 1911 to the mix, along with NRA yearly memberships :3

aklover_91
12-28-2012, 2:44 PM
I've got about five more people to join the NRA, continued explaining the issue to people as per the usual, and I'll be sending some money out on pay day.

It's not much, but all of us doing 'not much' adds up to one hell of a lot.

wildhawker
12-28-2012, 2:48 PM
Created http://FirearmsPolicy.org, building the team of next gen gun rights leaders and activists...

NotEnufGarage
12-28-2012, 2:52 PM
Created http://FirearmsPolicy.org, building the team of next gen gun rights leaders and activists...

...and I joined this new coalition, along with it's member orgs (SAF, CGF, CALFFL and CCRKBA) and donated to all of them. I also submitted my info to be an on the ground volunteer.

chiselchst
12-28-2012, 3:14 PM

Joined.

$250 in...MY PLEASURE, to all that FIGHT for our rights, such as the Iron Man Brandon, LOL... :43:

chiselchst
12-28-2012, 3:37 PM
Sent a donation to CGF today.

Jon, you're a such good man...

Can I have some fresh crab now? :rofl2:?

NoJoke
12-28-2012, 4:47 PM
Money is about all I do. Nothing really "active"

Money to CGF monthly.
Joined the new coalition with a donation.
Lifer NRA.
Go to the range occasionally, but that probably doesn't really count. ;)

On second thought, I did get off my butt one day:
Woke up 2am - took the supershuttle to SD airport.
Flew into SF, took BART to the 9th dist courthouse and listed to oral arguments on Dec 6th
Had a wonderful lunch with fantastic CGF people.
Took BART back to airport.
Took super shuttle back home and plopped into bed at 10:30pm.

...what a HISTORIC and memorable day! :D

Me and Alan Gura!
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k582/ned946/IMG_20121206_131932sm.jpg

HowardW56
12-28-2012, 6:18 PM

I helped.... (A little bit...;))

And joined. And contributed.... And talked to people about it....

Treadstone
12-28-2012, 6:56 PM
Robojet and I became NRA life members shortly before Newtown. Earlier this year we donated to CGF and 2AF. I actively emailed and phoned Sacramento to fight SB249 and will be doing that again next year to fight Yee and company.

This weekend I plan to contact my representatives to voice my opposition to Feinstein's proposal. Further donations to CGF are being planned.

With luck, Congress will have its head so far up its *** they won't get a ban passed but surely something is going to go down in the PRC. Fight! Fight! Fight!

uhlan1
12-28-2012, 7:44 PM
Donated to CGN and NRA.
Contacted all my state and federal reps and emailed the governor's office twice.
Took two liberal friends shooting and they had a blast.

I am very concerned we are allowing the media and anti's marginalize us. Too many not speaking up. Too many hiding under the covers.

Danz la Nuit
12-28-2012, 9:44 PM
We need to inspire a sense of duty in our fellow gun owners!

Too many gun owners who don't donate to any gun rights organizations!

wildhawker
12-28-2012, 9:56 PM
Gun rights requires money and action. One without the other is not enough.

im2ninja4u
12-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Converted 5 antis, helped pass out fliers for the sb249 fight, donated $$ to CGF and the assaulted documentary, renewed my NRA membership, and keeping family and friends informed of California gun laws. 2013 is going to be a busy year.

pennys dad
12-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Donated to NRA-ILA, NRA, Appleseed and CGN
Continued to donate time and effort to CGN and CGSSA
Worked on 2013 calendar of events for CGN, CGSSA
Discussed Fundraising activities for 2013 and received commitment from several organizations
Sat in several meetings to discuss 2013 efforts
Oh and exercised my right by going to several shoots and range outings
Attending one of our chapter shoots and discussing Appleseed

victor1echo
12-29-2012, 5:51 AM
I bought a few hundred rounds and a few guns. I talk to people. I use conversation to engage others. Oh, and I shoot my guns. I am also going to get my CCW!!

Danz la Nuit
12-29-2012, 7:42 PM
This thread should have a great many more responses!

Danz la Nuit
12-29-2012, 7:42 PM
This thread should have a great many more responses!

USMCbassman
12-29-2012, 7:59 PM
- Emailed my State Reps twice (I'm a Kansas resident residing in CA)
- Emailed Feinstein telling her she is wrong and has the wrong idea of an AW
- Sent a letter to the President
- Email Boehner asking him not to allow this bill to hit the Floor
- Joined the NRA (again), need to bite the bullet and do a life membership

Once I free up some money it'll be sent to CG, etc, etc....

Oh yeah, got into an argument with my wife about all this morning too. She is not anti-gun (she loves to shoot and goes with me when I can make it), but said she had no interest in it. As her husband and AD military I was p!$$ed she didn't have any more regard for the Bill of Rights. The argument started due to head on collision accident that happened last night and a drunk driver took the life of another. I made the statement, "yep, cars need to be banned now too". That's what started it :rolleyes: