View Full Version : Call me paranoid...

12-27-2012, 6:06 PM
My guess is that gun legislation will probably be attached to budget bill in the next few days.

12-27-2012, 6:24 PM
You're paranoid

12-27-2012, 6:29 PM
My guess is that gun legislation will probably be attached to budget bill in the next few days.

Now that you mention it.... I thought of that a few days ago but refused to post it up as to not give them any IDEAS. :eek:But so much for that.

It would or could be a way to get it on the books faster. Wouldn't count on it,
could cause them to take to long and we would fall off the cliff before it was even voted on and us "poor"people would have to pay more taxes and the "rich" would be the only ones able to afford to be protected.:rolleyes:

But could be wrong , I ain't a lawyer ( close to but not close enough)

12-27-2012, 6:30 PM
You're paranoid

Never happen.

Democrats still fear the political power we Second Amendment supporters wield.

They also fear even more what it would look like if they really pissed us off--to the point that we become even more politically effective.

12-27-2012, 6:35 PM
Probably will not BE a budget bill until January; yes, for some usages, that is 'in the next few days'. But Jerry is not Constitutionally required to have a budget submitted before the 10th, and I bet he waits for that long. SEC. 12. (a) Within the first 10 days of each calendar year, the
Governor shall submit to the Legislature, with an explanatory
message, a budget for the ensuing fiscal year containing itemized
statements for recommended state expenditures and estimated state
revenues. If recommended expenditures exceed estimated revenues, the
Governor shall recommend the sources from which the additional
revenues should be provided.
(b) The Governor and the Governor-elect may require a state
agency, officer or employee to furnish whatever information is deemed
necessary to prepare the budget.
(c) (1) The budget shall be accompanied by a budget bill itemizing
recommended expenditures.Art 4, Sec 12 - http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.const/.article_4

The two bills we know about ordinarily may not be considered before 31 days after introduction, but that can be waived - but takes 3/4 support SEC. 8. (a) At regular sessions no bill other than the budget bill
may be heard or acted on by committee or either house until the 31st
day after the bill is introduced unless the house dispenses with this
requirement by rollcall vote entered in the journal, three fourths
of the membership concurring.