PDA

View Full Version : Has any notice more ladies at the range lately?

Greg-Dawg
08-17-2007, 9:25 PM
I was at the Firing Line in Burbank last night to meet up with a co-worker.

There were two girls there taking turns on one lane. Then one single lady comes in. 30 minutes later one dude brings two lovely ladies with him; most likely teaching them the ropes. Finally, as I'm packing up and ready to go another dude comes in with his girl!!!

That's 6 girls in less than an hour at the range.

Is there a trend going on? Anybody else notice this recently?

Tweak338
08-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Last time I was at Metcalf there was a few girls out there.
One even had an AR with a U-15 stock.

Millions-Knives
08-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Yes, probably why ammo's gone up in price... :eek:

GI_JOE
08-18-2007, 12:10 AM
There's nothing wrong with that. Spread the disease.

On my end, haven't really seen that many women at the range.

slick_711
08-18-2007, 1:18 AM
I haven't noticed it and I work @ a range. But hey, bring girls.

Lohse
08-18-2007, 8:50 AM
:useless:

MedSpec65
08-18-2007, 8:59 AM
Armed women are the only California gals worth talking to.

Slowshooter
08-18-2007, 9:11 AM
Happens from time to time. Most of the times(from my observation) the ladies are at the range because their significant others are there. There are some who actually come to shoot, but someone who comes to shoot consistently without it being a part of their job description are still a bit rare IMO.

The only thing that I worry about is some dumbass trying to show off his skills and end up painting us in bad way.

bear308
08-18-2007, 12:16 PM
get em all the time, some real knockouts too. Quite a few on their own aswell.

mecam
08-18-2007, 2:53 PM
UnitedSportsmen in Concord has tons of chicks on the weekends, mostly at the pistol range.

Technical Ted
08-18-2007, 2:59 PM
Since we started the shoot-n-q's here in the SF Bay Area five years ago, seeing women on the firing line hasn't been a big surprise. Seems to be a common occurrence at the ranges up here, whether they're wives, girlfriends or single women.

Reed's Indoor Range in Santa Clara even designates Wednesday nights as Ladies Night.

Maybe you need to get out shooting more often?

RandallH1989
08-18-2007, 4:26 PM
They're allowed to shoot guns?! Well, I guess they'll probably go crazy and let them drive and vote and hold jobs now! What is this world coming to?!

Giovani X
08-18-2007, 4:59 PM
Three of my regular shooting partners are female. One is an exective assistant, another an actress/model, and the thrid is a housewife...who's father owns a gun store. The latter of the three can run those 6 timed plates at Oaktree in 2.341 seconds. The key here is that all of these ladies are educated in all walks of life, and thier respect and appreciation for fiearms is not subjective to what they hear on the news. They can think for themselves...thank God.
Did someone say the Ladies of Calguns Calender.....we could raise some cheese for the legal fund kids???

Greg-Dawg
08-19-2007, 7:03 PM
Maybe you need to get out shooting more often?

OK. I'll step it up to 3 times a week. I currently shoot twice a week.

FreshTapCoke
08-23-2007, 12:03 AM
...yes...right up until my girlfriend slapped me upside the head. :eek:

MicronuT
08-24-2007, 8:18 PM
where the **** are the pix

FallingDown
02-21-2008, 11:52 AM
You gotta wait for the Calendar ;)

Soldier415
02-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Bullseye has ladies night on Wednesdays...usually pretty busy.

Ladies Night
6pm to 9pm.
$5 lane rental
$5 gun rental

SecondAmendmentgirl
02-26-2008, 3:37 PM
where the **** are the pix

You could always visit a range and try asking if you can take their picture. LOL

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj181/gambitcat/shoot3.jpg

My shot groups always go high or low once I start getting tired.

Nemo
02-26-2008, 3:50 PM
I've been doing my part--showing up at the range weekly lately. I brought a group of 9 mostly-novice female shooters to the range a couple of weeks ago, as well, and some of them caught the bug and will be shooting more in the future.

Mwah-hah...we're everywhere!

ty423
02-26-2008, 4:35 PM
You could always visit a range and try asking if you can take their picture. LOL

My shot groups always go high or low once I start getting tired.

Cool shot...Compensated glock? I'll take a stab...G19c?

I've taken a couple coworkers during break. Usually most are curious and want to try. The rest will nag at me why I have guns in the first place and go on about how guns kill people yada yada yads...

bruceflinch
02-26-2008, 7:36 PM
We want tons of Babes, not Babes that weigh a ton! :D

five.five-six
02-26-2008, 7:40 PM
Yes, probably why ammo's gone up in price... :eek:

or, they are shooting because ammo has gone up in price, ya know, they are attracted to whatever makes us broke :p

NRAhighpowershooter
02-26-2008, 7:46 PM

OK.. so when(if ever) I run into you at the Davis St. range (hardly likely as I'm there first thing in the morning (usually Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays).... I can take your pic?? :D

Shane916
02-26-2008, 7:56 PM

Call me crazy.. but the compensated flames look like a silhouette of a bulls or deers face with antlers!

aplinker
02-26-2008, 9:08 PM
Call me crazy.. but the compensated flames look like a silhouette of a bulls or deers face with antlers!

Are you from Texas?

I see fallopian tubes and ovaries.

jacques
02-26-2008, 9:41 PM
I saw a skull,

Well, if all these ladys are learning to shoot.... better be careful what you say.

ar15barrels
02-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Are you from Texas?

I see fallopian tubes and ovaries.

Do you guys like to stare at clouds and ink blots too?
It's so plain to see that it's a steer...

radioburning
05-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Yes, I've noticed more girls at the ranges. That's why I have a Luis Vuitton range bag, and Gucci 1911 on order.

Ech0Sierra
05-04-2008, 11:09 AM

+1! It bears a surprising resemblance to the pic on my stag lower.

586L-Frame
05-06-2008, 1:31 AM
Happens from time to time. Most of the times(from my observation) the ladies are at the range because their significant others are there. There are some who actually come to shoot, but someone who comes to shoot consistently without it being a part of their job description are still a bit rare IMO.

The only thing that I worry about is some dumbass trying to show off his skills and end up painting us in bad way.

Hi Slowshooter,
I have to disagree.
Most of the women I know have their own firearms for either
self defense or are LEO's or just enjoy shooting as a sport.

586L-Frame

AngelDecoys
05-06-2008, 6:12 AM
Ladies are seen at the Manteca Sportsmen (http://www.mantecasportsmen.org/) quite often. Usually with a spouse, or significant other. Rarely by themselves unless its for a woman's class. Which reminds me, there's another ladies class this Saturday at 1:00 PM 'Mixed Rifle 1." Got to go update another thread on that.

ChibiPaw
05-06-2008, 2:04 PM
Bullseye has ladies night on Wednesdays...usually pretty busy.

Kinda wish there's something like that in the east bay, as it would cost me more on gas and toll to get to justify the savings.

San Leandro is by far the closest (went first time monday), but their FAA of FMJ restriction makes things a little more difficult.

I think I will visit there more since it's only about 10 mins away from home.

The guys there monday seem to get a kick out of my rifle and ribbons...

Soldier415
05-08-2008, 5:33 AM
Kinda wish there's something like that in the east bay, as it would cost me more on gas and toll to get to justify the savings.

If you want to come check us out one day, shoot me a PM. We'll pay your bridge toll to come shoot and browse.

Dan

ChibiPaw
05-08-2008, 9:08 AM
If you want to come check us out one day, shoot me a PM. We'll pay your bridge toll to come shoot and browse.

Dan

Heh Okay. I've been meaning to check you guys out anyways. Especially since you guys have such an extensive program and selection of things to sample there.

Ugly Dwarf
05-08-2008, 9:19 AM
Funny that this thread bubbled up when it did. I had actually been thinking of starting a thread asking a similar question.

I was at the USI range in Concord a week ago and was surprised by the percentage of women I saw. Of the ~15 people that cycled on and off the rifle range while I was shooting, five or six of them were women - GF's or Daughters it seemed. From the sounds of it, most of them were outshooting their companions. ;)

I didn't get over to the pistol side that day, so I don't know if the trend was continued.

caldude
05-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Since I'm a relatively newbie shooter, I haven't noticed a trend, but when I go to the range in Livermore, there are usually several females there. Usually I see other wives, girlfriends, or daughters with a male, rarely a female by herself. Maybe about once in every five trips my wife will join me (with her own guns), but she has never gone to the range by herself.