PDA

View Full Version : NRA donations not tax deductible, but Brady is?!?

Cobrafreak
12-27-2012, 12:43 PM
WTF? What is the difference between the two organizations that can't deduct my NRA donations but if I sell my soul to the Devil and donate to the Brady organization I can? This stinks.

Montu
12-27-2012, 12:51 PM
donate to CGF?
*edit
I think there's a tax deductible NRA charity

Cobrafreak
12-27-2012, 12:52 PM
I have, twice.

DVSmith
12-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Apples and Oranges...

Your dues to the NRA are not tax deductible, but the NRA has several funds that you can donate to that are:

Tax-Deductible Gifts

Should your plans require a tax deduction, your gift can be contributed to one of four separate entities:

NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund Provides legal and financial assistance to selected individuals and organizations defending their right to keep and bear arms.

NRA Foundation America's leading charitable organization in support of the shooting sports.

NRA Freedom Action Foundation Encourages supporters on the importance of exercising their voting rights.

NRA Whittington Center America's finest shooting facility offers an abundance of ranges, a shotgun shooting center, guided and unguided hunts, and an adventure camp for younger shooters.

These NRA-affiliated organizations are America's leading charities in support and defense of the shooting sports and our Second Amendment freedoms.

More info here:
http://nrafff.com/ways-of-giving/tax-deductible-gifts.aspx

wildhawker
12-27-2012, 1:03 PM
Lobbying orgs can't offer tax deductible donations. Brady has a c4 as well as a c3. NRA has a number of related orgs of various types.

tcrpe
12-27-2012, 1:06 PM
WTF? What is the difference between the two organizations that can't deduct my NRA donations but if I sell my soul to the Devil and donate to the Brady organization I can? This stinks.

Simple, don't donate to Brady. :shrug:

rplusplus
12-27-2012, 1:11 PM
SAF is tax deductible too.

bwiese
12-27-2012, 2:32 PM
Friends of NRA is their major 501c3 deductible charitable entity, along with NRA Civil Rights Defense fund.

uyoga
12-27-2012, 2:46 PM
Any donation to the "NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund" is Tax Deductible.

JMP
12-27-2012, 5:10 PM
Subcriptions, just like the CGN subscription I have isn't tax deductible, as CGN is a corporation.

CGF, SAF, CRPA Foundation, to name a few are all 501(c)3 organizations where the donation is tax deduction.

Personally, I am waiting until January 2013 to contribute since I'll bet dollars to donuts that tax rates will be higher in 2013 than 2012.

Remember that guys, open your wallets in early 2013 for tax exempt entities and take your deduction. Please don't let Obama have all your money.;)

Bigtwin
12-27-2012, 8:24 PM
Quite frankly I could give two ****s about the tax deductable side of who I give money to! I donate for the cause I believe in, not a few bucks on my income tax form!