PDA

View Full Version : A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON GUN CONTROL

lt05deluxe
12-27-2012, 11:17 AM
This was sent to me by a co-worker. Please read and pass it on.

Thank you!

***A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE***

Interesting slant on things
AMERICA'S HUNTERS ---
Pretty Amazing!

The world's largest army... America 's hunters!
I had never thought about
this...

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a
handful of states and
arrived at a striking
conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters
this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number:

Over the last several months,
Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in
the world.

More men under arms than in Iran.

More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to
the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with
firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and
Michigan's 700,000 hunters,
all of whom have now returned home safely.
Toss in a quarter million hunters
in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
hunters of those four states alone
would comprise the largest army in the world.
And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
It's millions more.

The point?

America will forever be safe
from foreign invasion with that
kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting...
it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national
security.

That's why all enemies,
foreign and domestic,
want to see us
disarmed.

Food for thought,
when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true,
so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question
would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens???

(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

For the sake of our freedom,
don't ever allow gun control
or confiscation of guns.

Tarn_Helm
12-27-2012, 2:23 PM
This was sent to me by a co-worker. Please read and pass it on.

Thank you!

***A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE***

Interesting slant on things
AMERICA'S HUNTERS ---
Pretty Amazing!

The world's largest army... America 's hunters!
I had never thought about
this...

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a
handful of states and
arrived at a striking
conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters
this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number:

Over the last several months,
Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in
the world.

More men under arms than in Iran.

More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to
the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with
firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and
Michigan's 700,000 hunters,
all of whom have now returned home safely.
Toss in a quarter million hunters
in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
hunters of those four states alone
would comprise the largest army in the world.
And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
It's millions more.

The point?

America will forever be safe
from foreign invasion with that
kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting...
it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national
security.

That's why all enemies,
foreign and domestic,
want to see us
disarmed.

Food for thought,
when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true,
so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question
would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens???

(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

For the sake of our freedom,
don't ever allow gun control
or confiscation of guns.

Got a hyperlink for this?
:cool2:

NotEnufGarage
12-27-2012, 2:38 PM
Yes, but the majority of hunters aren't that active in the 2nd Amendment movement. Many of them have a single .30-06 that was passed down to them by their grandfather or uncle that they take out once a year to shoot their deer with.

The don't target shoot. They don't own handguns, or if they do it's a revolver. The politicians offer them some kind of compromise, like exempting bolt action rifles and they happily support whatever gun control gets thrown out there, since it won't impact them.

b.faust
12-27-2012, 2:43 PM
Yes, but the majority of hunters aren't that active in the 2nd Amendment movement. Many of them have a single .30-06 that was passed down to them by their grandfather or uncle that they take out once a year to shoot their deer with.

The don't target shoot. They don't own handguns, or if they do it's a revolver. The politicians offer them some kind of compromise, like exempting bolt action rifles and they happily support whatever gun control gets thrown out there, since it won't impact them.

Yup, I've had a more than a few conversations with friends back in Wisconsin that hunt who are more than willing to throw AR owners under the bus to protect their hunting guns.

Very frustrating. I just stay calm, remind them it's a slippery slope, and even though they feel it has 'nothing to do with them' right now, open that door even a crack and it very well may.

thefitter
12-27-2012, 3:07 PM

I really don't know about percentage of hunters and 2nd political activism but I'd rather go up against most of those ice cream commandos with their ARs and matching BDUs than than some of those hunters with a 30-06. Those are they guys I'll be camping with if the SHTF.

HowardW56
12-27-2012, 3:10 PM
I really don't know about percentage of hunters and 2nd political activism but I'd rather go up against most of those ice cream commandos with their ARs and matching BDUs than than some of those hunters with a 30-06. Those are they guys I'll be camping with if the SHTF.

Beware of the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it...

five.five-six
12-27-2012, 3:10 PM
http://afeatheradrift.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/elmerfudd1.jpg

Kid Stanislaus
12-27-2012, 3:43 PM
http://afeatheradrift.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/elmerfudd1.jpg

Whea is dat wabbit!!:D

Bigtwin
12-27-2012, 8:38 PM
Whea is dat wabbit!!:D

All sarcasm aside, many of my hunting friends do not see this happening(few are waking up though)! Many hunters in my area are not firearm collectors as I am. Well not in their eyes any how(some have 2-3k in a shotgun, but call it for hunting or sport)! Many (not all) don't think it will come down to their "sporting arms"!

I think educating those types of "Hunters" is very important for all of our 2A rights!

mrdd
12-28-2012, 2:16 AM
Don't muddy the waters. The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting.

Carnivore
12-28-2012, 2:39 AM
Don't muddy the waters. The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting.X10000

Besides according to "their side" hunters don't use a simi automatic center fire rifles to hunt.

Carnivore
12-28-2012, 2:39 AM
DOH!!! the dreaded double post struck again.

cdtx2001
12-28-2012, 3:28 AM
The hunter thing worked in 94. Divide and conquer, tell the hunters their '06 from grandpa won't be affected, blah blah blah. Many were happy to allow whatever to happen the rest of America's gun owners.

The 2A is not about hunting, it's not about sportsmen, it's about the People's right to bear arms.

SlobRay
12-28-2012, 9:46 AM
Maybe they need to be shown the truth that after the Government takes away all of the EBR's and semi auto's, they will come for our "sniper rifles".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper_rifle

A typical sniper rifle is built for optimal levels of accuracy, fitted with a telescopic sight and chambered for a military centerfire cartridge (Does it really have to be chambered for military centerfire cartridge for the Gov't to go after it?). The term is often used in the media to describe any type of accurized firearm fitted with a telescopic sight.

The rifle itself could be based on a standard rifle (at first, a bolt-action rifle); however, when fitted with a telescopic sight, it becomes a sniper rifle.

The features of a sniper rifle can vary widely depending on the specific tasks it is intended to perform. Features that may distinguish a sniper rifle from other weapons are the presence of a telescopic sight, unusually long overall length, a stock designed for firing from a prone position, and the presence of a bipod and other accessories.

Sounds like the above terms could be used to describe most hunting rifles today.

Those hunters that won't fight an AWB need to realize that all it takes for people to come after their arms is just how the politicians/media spin it, ie. modern sporting rifle/semi automatic rifle=assault weapon, hunting rifle=sniper rifle, shotgun=street sweeper.

Ray

Wherryj
12-28-2012, 10:14 AM

Yeah, I was speaking with a guy at my son's Jujitsu class last weekend about the upcoming storm in the CA legislature. He kept stating, "well, I reload", "Well, I don't have any of those registered", "well, most of my stuff is bolt action anyway"...

He supposedly works as a range master and is pro-gun. It sounds like he's in the camp of "as long as it doesn't directly affect me at this very moment", he's not going to make any extra effort to help out. THAT is the typical American gun owner unfortunately.

J.D.Allen
12-28-2012, 10:29 AM
I don't hunt. Not at all. And I am a firearms owner and enthusiast. Anyone care to venture a guess at how many people in the U.S., hunters and non hunters alike, are gun owners that take their rights seriously?

Meplat
12-28-2012, 11:32 AM

This is just simply not true. Iím getting real tired of people with plastic pistols and Mattie Mattel carbines thinking they are superior to anyone who likes blued steal and walnut. I was in this fight decades before most of the EBR guys were born. I fight just as hard as I can for your right to an AR or AK even though I own neither.

I have seen the high and mighty black rifle boys state flat out on this forum that they donít care what happens to hunters or ďthe 30 Cal. GuysĒ. That is a real good way for all of us to lose. Try a little less resentment and a little more teamwork. Geez!

Meplat
12-28-2012, 11:41 AM
X10000

Besides according to "their side" hunters don't use a simi automatic center fire rifles to hunt.

What? I do. And my sonís favorite yote gun is an AR. Some of you guys donít know enough hunters.

Bigtwin
12-28-2012, 9:28 PM
This is just simply not true. Iím getting real tired of people with plastic pistols and Mattie Mattel carbines thinking they are superior to anyone who likes blued steal and walnut. I was in this fight decades before most of the EBR guys were born. I fight just as hard as I can for your right to an AR or AK even though I own neither.

I have seen the high and mighty black rifle boys state flat out on this forum that they donít care what happens to hunters or ďthe 30 Cal. GuysĒ. That is a real good way for all of us to lose. Try a little less resentment and a little more teamwork. Geez!

Glad to see you are riled up by this! Step back a bit and look at the hunters that are not worried about the 2A and don't think they are at risk. There are plenty of them!

Oh and if it makes you more comfortable....I love blued steel on nice rich wood!:D Not in the funny way though!

Meplat
12-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Glad to see you are riled up by this! Step back a bit and look at the hunters that are not worried about the 2A and don't think they are at risk. There are plenty of them!

Oh and if it makes you more comfortable....I love blued steel on nice rich wood!:D Not in the funny way though!

I must just run in different circles. I would say that over 90% of hunters that I know personally are down for the fight. Some are more active than others. Some donít keep up with events but when I call them and alert them they start writing, calling and donating. I am retired and have time to hang out on the net and keep up with things a little better.

We keep trying to educate the ten percent that donít get it. I canít count the times I have had the sniper rifle discussion.

One thing to keep in mind is that it is usually not overt action on the part of hunters that prompts politicians to carve things out of legislation that would ire them. It is numbers, and not wanting to wake them to the encroachment on their rights. There are a lot of them. The rights grabbers like to separate out as small a minority as possible and then demonize them until it is politically safe to rob them of their rights. They cannot yet do that with hunters in general, but they are working on it. Witness the ban on hound hunting. That is a tradition that will now wither and die and there will be less hunters and shooters to hold back the antis. What tiny minority will they pick off next? Falconers? They are even less numerous than hound hunters, and how much different than sending a dog after a bear, is sending a hawk after a bird?

I saw a lot of glee on this forum when the houndsmen were being thrown under the bus as well as admittedly some support. ďWe must all hang together; or we will most certainly hang separately.Ē (Ben Franklin I think) Make no mistake hunting is under attack, they are chipping away at the low hanging fruit on the edges and sullying the name of, and vilifying the institution as a whole. And they are doing it to expand the types and number of guns they can outlaw. Throwing darts and barbs is not helpful; we should be courting hunters, not cursing them.