PDA

View Full Version : My letter to Diane Feinstien.

AEC1
12-27-2012, 8:27 AM
Senator Feinstein,
I urge you; please take decisive and bold action regarding the senseless killing that is happening in our nation. Please pass legislation that will keep our innocent children and all defenseless Americans safe from the senseless gun violence that is taking place. Please introduce legislation that will allow all Americans who are eligible to purchase and carry concealed weapons to be able to quickly neutralize these homicidal threats, and protect our children.
Additionally since an effective and reliable defensive weapon is priced well above the budget of most middle class Americans, I propose that a government subsidy be offered so those most at risk, those forced to live in low income areas can afford the basic human RIGHT to be able to defend themselves against predators. Additional a subsidy should be offered to provide effective training such what is offered at places like Frontsight, Thunder Ranch, Gunsite and others.

Thank you for your time and effort in this important civil rights issue.

Very Respectfully,
Richard Lindsey
Concerned CA resident

tzotzo
12-27-2012, 8:29 AM
in one ear and out the other. but thanks for trying. we all should, no matter how futile it feels.

AEC1
12-27-2012, 8:31 AM
I know she wont listen, but it was fun and wasted 5 minutes of my day....

artoaster
12-27-2012, 8:32 AM
When you get your response see if it matches this:

Dear Gun Nut:

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to gun control. I respect your opinion on this issue, and I welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

I recognize that there are many law-abiding gun owners who use their weapons for activities such as hunting, sport, or self-defense in a safe manner, and I support an individual's Second Amendment right to own a gun.

At the same time, the problem of gun violence in this country is a serious one. The assault weapon attack on four children and an adult at a Jewish Community Center in Los Angeles in 1999, the school shooting at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, the tragedies at Virginia Tech and Northern Illinois Universities, and the recent shooting in Tucson, Arizona, in which Representative Gabrielle Giffords was injured and six others were killed, are all examples of the tragic results of gun violence. To prevent such senseless acts of violence, I believe we need reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, unsupervised children, and the mentally deranged.

I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on gun control continues. Once again, thank you for your letter. I hope you will continue to keep me informed on issues of importance to you. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

(Dear Gun Nut was my edit)

Johnnyfres
12-27-2012, 8:46 AM
Funny two of the "attacks" that she mentioned happened during the last AW Ban.

missiontrails
12-27-2012, 8:49 AM
Typo, forgot the "y" on "additionally".. lol.. but good letter.

vector16
12-27-2012, 11:10 AM
If you said that you were gloing to do sugnificant damage to her favorite car with a turkey sandwich she might drop this anti-gun movement she is on and try to ban turkey sandwiches.

Montu
12-27-2012, 11:18 AM
I almost feel like writing a very short e-mail to her.

To : Diane Feinstien
do you have a brain?

- CA voter

obiwan
12-27-2012, 12:32 PM
When you get your response see if it matches this:

Dear Gun Nut:

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to gun control. I respect your opinion on this issue, and I welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

I recognize that there are many law-abiding gun owners who use their weapons for activities such as hunting, sport, or self-defense in a safe manner, and I support an individual's Second Amendment right to own a gun.

At the same time, the problem of gun violence in this country is a serious one. The assault weapon attack on four children and an adult at a Jewish Community Center in Los Angeles in 1999, the school shooting at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, the tragedies at Virginia Tech and Northern Illinois Universities, and the recent shooting in Tucson, Arizona, in which Representative Gabrielle Giffords was injured and six others were killed, are all examples of the tragic results of gun violence. To prevent such senseless acts of violence, I believe we need reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, unsupervised children, and the mentally deranged.

I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on gun control continues. Once again, thank you for your letter. I hope you will continue to keep me informed on issues of importance to you. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

(Dear Gun Nut was my edit)

Nice to see no wasted resources were used in crafting any personal response to any concerned Ca. citizen.

I get the same canned reply every time I write to her to voice my concern.

Funny thing is she is supposed to be the voice of the people, trouble is she is her own voice with her own agenda.

Cobrafreak
12-27-2012, 12:47 PM
You missed the line about may She rot in Hades for all eternity :)

JackRydden224
12-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Instead of writing to her, we need to write to the senators in free states like Texas and Oklahoma asking them to stop this crazy *****. They are the only ones who can actually vote against her bill.

trevorlc
12-27-2012, 1:25 PM
Glad to hear others are trying too, I'd be shocked if she drastically changed her tune but if we don't let her know how we feel there is no chance of it happening. I wrote her a letter late last week letting her know how I thought the AWB and High cap "clips" line of thought was wasteful of legislator time and we should be looking at other things and listed several ideas I thought where worthwhile, none of which had anything to do with gun control.

rodeoflyer
12-27-2012, 1:27 PM
Dear Senator Feinstein,

When you bend down to pry my gun from my cold, dead fingers - kids my cold dead *** while you're at it.

Yours,

rodeoflyer
12-27-2012, 1:34 PM
Dear Senator Feinstein,

When you bend down to pry my gun from my cold, dead fingers - kiss my cold dead *** while you're at it.

Yours,

stagar15dj
12-27-2012, 1:36 PM
Feinstein is hellbent for leather to impose her view on millions and milllions of gun owners. She is single minded in that. No logic and common sense. I know when it comes down to it she will not get all she wants but even one thing is too much. Writing her is an excercise in futility but I will continue to do so.

Inoxmark
12-27-2012, 2:17 PM
Bobio, these are your wild fantasies. For the facts just look at the states where regular common folks can carry. Nothing of what you are describing actually takes place. Or are the Californians in fact so nutty and insane that they cannot be trusted same as Nevadans or Oregonians?

Bobio
12-27-2012, 2:30 PM
Bobio, these are your wild fantasies. For the facts just look at the states where regular common folks can carry. Nothing of what you are describing actually takes place. Or are the Californians in fact so nutty and insane that they cannot be trusted same as Nevadans or Oregonians?

I actually pulled the post. I didn't think in contributed to the OPs intent. I'll postit some there time in a more appropriate place. But in short I think concealed carry is a bad idea.

njineermike
12-27-2012, 2:35 PM
I actually pulled the post. I didn't think in contributed to the OPs intent. I'll postit some there time in a more appropriate place. But in short I think concealed carry is a bad idea.

And that would be due to the blood running in the streets of states with shall-issue CCW licensing, as opposed to the relative calm and safety of DC and Chicago?

david619
12-27-2012, 2:38 PM
Senator is doing exactly what she was meant to do. Disarm Americans! My letter wasn't so kind. Fatal Heart Attack comes to mind.

five.five-six
12-27-2012, 2:44 PM
I wish another facelift upon her.

sarabellum
12-27-2012, 2:45 PM
Senator Feinstein,
I urge you; please take decisive and bold action regarding the senseless killing that is happening in our nation. Please pass legislation that will keep our innocent children and all defenseless Americans safe from the senseless gun violence that is taking place. Please introduce legislation that will allow all Americans who are eligible to purchase and carry concealed weapons to be able to quickly neutralize these homicidal threats, and protect our children.
Additionally since an effective and reliable defensive weapon is priced well above the budget of most middle class Americans, I propose that a government subsidy be offered so those most at risk, those forced to live in low income areas can afford the basic human RIGHT to be able to defend themselves against predators. Additional a subsidy should be offered to provide effective training such what is offered at places like Frontsight, Thunder Ranch, Gunsite and others.

Thank you for your time and effort in this important civil rights issue.

Very Respectfully,
Richard Lindsey
Concerned CA resident

Dear Mr. Lindsey, thank you for that thought provoking letter. Best wishes.

njineermike
12-27-2012, 2:49 PM

Her ears are almost tied in a know behind her head.

five.five-six
12-27-2012, 3:02 PM

Kind of removes the mystery as to why she is so hesitant to entertain discussions of mental health.

Felix168
12-27-2012, 3:18 PM
she will read the first sentence and say "no problem"

Twhite5555
12-27-2012, 3:33 PM
I wrote her as well right after the election I actually received a response from her or a staff member. My letter was very similar to yours. She said no dice.

I wrote her a second time right after her announcement that she was going to solve the problem in the US buy taking away our guns. I told her the answer is to deal with the mentally ill. Not create more laws for the citizens that are law abiding people. I closed it by saying that she should relinquish her CCW along with all her firearms to set an example. Needless to say I never received a response from her.

Our only hope is she will die from natural causes soon. She is 79 years old she can't live forever.

Rackatak
12-27-2012, 3:58 PM
Our only hope is she will die from natural causes soon. She is 79 years old she can't live forever.

Really?

**** like what is thrown around on this board such as recalls and wishing harm or death to elected officials only adds to the resolve of those that want to infringe on our firearms rights. These types of opinions do much more harm than good.

PackingHeatInSDCA
12-27-2012, 7:44 PM
Don't get your hopes up. She has a daughter and the apple generally does not fall far from the tree.

themandylion
12-27-2012, 8:05 PM

Senator Kamala Harris. Be careful what you wish for.

chris
12-27-2012, 8:14 PM
this will fall on deaf ears. you will get the agree to disagree from her office.

OIFVet03
12-27-2012, 8:35 PM
It sounds good but she won't listen. It will be like the letter artoaster showed above. They are all like that. She doesn't care about anybody else. She doesn't care about the people.

davegonewild
12-27-2012, 8:46 PM
Dear Feinstein,

Eat ***** and kill yourself.

From,
Everyone

davegonewild
12-27-2012, 8:47 PM
Dear Feinstein,

Eat ***** and kill yourself.

From,
Everyone

Capt.Dunsel
12-27-2012, 8:54 PM

1 More and I'll bet she has a beard. :puke:

gazzavc
12-27-2012, 9:01 PM
Time for the JUST SAY NO movement for law abiding gun owners to refuse to honor any more "collective punishment" because a tiny fraction of criminals misuse firearms.

To hell with Mrs Feinstien !!!

madjack956
12-27-2012, 9:26 PM
1 More and I'll bet she has a beard. :puke:..

Thanks for the laugh..:D

jimezdoesit
12-27-2012, 9:26 PM
Here is a response from DiFi to me from a letter that I sent to her:

Dear Mr. XXXX :

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website, Feinstein.senate.gov. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list. Click here to sign up. And please visit my YouTube, Facebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me.

battleship
12-27-2012, 9:58 PM
What she is probably thinking if she ever reads your letter .................. You are not as important as me, none of you.

monk
12-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I've been meaning to ask her how it's not total hypocrisy to shoot down national reciprocity as it takes away a state's rights to manage firearms laws, but has no issue with a national AWB?

damoni
12-28-2012, 12:34 AM

do you have a brain?

- CA voter

---and that sums it up!

SGO
12-28-2012, 6:58 AM
Dianne Feinstein doesn't give a sh*t about any of us. She's harvesting us for personal profit. It's our duty to find any dirt about her (or any politician) and expose it to get rid of her. Freedom comes with responsibility.

On the day the new Congress convened this year, Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband’s real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties at compensation rates higher than the industry norms.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/21/senate-husbands-firm-cashes-in-on-crisis/?page=all

maddoggie13
12-28-2012, 7:04 AM
You should send her a copy of American history book...how we were founded.

SGO
12-28-2012, 7:17 AM
Feinstein is hellbent for leather to impose her view on millions and milllions of gun owners. She is single minded in that. No logic and common sense. I know when it comes down to it she will not get all she wants but even one thing is too much. Writing her is an excercise in futility but I will continue to do so.

Facts must be shoved in her throat:

http://media.washtimes.com/media/image/2012/12/27/guns_s800x709.jpg?255ffca8d2f46fb3722166e11c4f1b5c 70a7b255

BakaLogic
12-28-2012, 7:23 AM
Here's mine (Forgot to take out the part where I didn't vote for her):

Dear Senator Feinstein,

I'm writing to voice my concerns regarding the proposed laws to ban semi-automatic rifles. Although they are being termed 'Assault Weapons' bans, the fact of the matter is that the semi-automatic rifles that are being proposed for the ban are not assault weapons, nor are they weapons of war. As a Democratic voter, this is the first time voting that I feel as if I voted for the wrong people (with the exception of Dianne Feinstein for whom I didn't vote.) As a constituent, banning semi-automatic rifles or regular capacity magazines is not something I would have wanted. And I definitely don't think that using the recent tragedy of Sandy Hook to push an anti-gun agenda is how I want my voice to be heard.

There's somewhat of a hypocrisy with the ban of 30 round magazines for rifles or 17 round magazines for handguns. If 10 round magazines were enough to protect one's self from harm, shouldn't secret service limit themselves to 10 round magazines? Wouldn't it be just as safe to limit law enforcement to 10 round magazines? I understand that some may argue that everyday citizens shouldn't have to protect themselves from the threats that police face because the police are there to protect them. That's an argument made from someone who lives in a place where they can rely on the police to answer a 911 call in enough time to prevent the crime from happening. Or made from folks who have their own security detail and don't remember or have never lived in an area where the police always come too late.

I understand that California is already a 10 round magazine state. That doesn't make me feel any safer. What I understand is that I myself as a lawful handgun owner am limited
to 10 rounds but the felon passing me on the street who doesn't care about the law may have 17 rounds or more in his or her handgun.

Finally, the idea that you can appease the owners of semi-automatic rifles by offering to compensate them with a couple hundred dollars is only understood as viable by those
that have never owned or familiarized themselves with one. In fact, the arguments against the various 'evil features' of a rifle and the terms military-style and weapons of war indicate an distinct ignorance of weapon systems in general. What makes an AR15 a military-style rifle? The shape? Am I to understand the shape of the rifle in some way makes it deadlier than any other semi-automatic rifle out there? It's certainly not the capability to fire more than a single run per pull of the trigger. That's already regulated
by the government and for most civilians beyond their reach.

I'm saddened and disappointed by the political party which I had thought to be my own... But I am also a proud gun owner who feels like his party and many who have jumped on the gun ban bandwagon (And the re-emerging video game causes violence bandwagon) do not represent me or the many gun owners that number as their constituents.

I understand now that my vote and my money is better spent elsewhere. I do not want to be a single-issue voter. But the extremes that the anti-gun legislators are proposing
force me to become one. My money is better spent going to the NRA or the Calguns Foundation than it is to the people whom I elected into office. I'm disappointed that it's
come to putting forth effort to stop unjust and frankly unconstitutional legislation, effort better spent elsewhere.

I do believe that there is room for discussion in gun control. I do feel like there are definitely places where laws need to be shored up and where we can do better in keeping our country safe. I don't believe banning semi-automatic rifles or regular capacity magazines is the answer. This is definitely not how I want my voice to be heard and our congress persons and senators need to understand that those that support those views will receive neither the votes nor support of myself and the millions of firearms owners both in California and country-wide.

Regards,

<name here>
Unhappy Democrat,
legal and responsible firearms owner
Californian and American

SGO
12-28-2012, 7:32 AM
As long as she will have something to suck from us that parasite will remain in power. She'll do, say and preach anything that will keep her in power. Someone needs to document her every move to build up a paper trail which will be used to expose and officially get rid of her.

R ecent published reports about our richest Congresspersons include California Senator Dianne Feinstein near the top of the list. Her estimated net worth– a whopping $46 million to $108 million. Nice . . . very, very nice . . . for her anyway. But where did this wealth come from? Putting the same question another way, how did a long–sitting United States Senator get so rich? Tracing the sources of wealth for a well known politican seems like fodder for a mystery novel, but in fact the real world answers where Ms. Feinstein are concerned aren’t hard to locate at all. Readily available evidence about Dianne Feinstein’s wealth creation can be found in her financial disclosure reports filed with the Office of Public Records of the United States Senate, and in a variety of investigative reports and analyses that have been published over the years and can still be viewed today through a search of the Internet. All that’s needed is for one to simply take the time to look, and pull the pieces of her life history together as a coherent whole.

Source: http://www.revolutimes.com/2012/01/06/how-did-dianne-feinstein-get-so-rich-part-i/

glocksmith
12-28-2012, 7:54 AM
500th murder by guns in Chicago yesterday.

Hmm, I think politicians are inept morons.

njineermike
12-28-2012, 7:59 AM
500th murder by guns in Chicago yesterday.

Hmm, I think politicians are inept morons.

That's insulting to inept morons everywhere.

GoingPro
12-28-2012, 8:05 AM
Ill bet you that dirty used rag was in some really old porno. lets find it and expose her! I feel sorry for who ever finds it though :/

jaymz
12-28-2012, 8:36 AM
I sent her one as well. Not nearly as nice as you were. I expect the black helicopters will be waiting for me when I get home.

xxINKxx
12-28-2012, 8:46 AM
You do know she has a concealed carry permit right?

Why doesn't the media call her out on that. Maybe all her followers would think different

njineermike
12-28-2012, 8:58 AM
Ill bet you that dirty used rag was in some really old porno. lets find it and expose her! I feel sorry for who ever finds it though :/

Did you have to do that? I may never be able to perform again with only the glimmer of a thought of it.....

GoingPro
12-28-2012, 9:01 AM
Did you have to do that? I may never be able to perform again with only the glimmer of a thought of it.....

My apologies, i dont even think splashing your face/eyes with holy water would help either.

njineermike
12-28-2012, 9:03 AM
My apologies, i dont even think splashing your face/eyes with holy water would help either.

I may have to have brain surgery and take that part of my frontal lobe out.

GoingPro
12-28-2012, 9:07 AM
I may have to have brain surgery and take that part of my frontal lobe out.

lol....just please dont sue me. I spent all my money this month and im broke... how about we make a trade?

racer_X_123
12-28-2012, 9:08 AM
Here is what I have been sending out:

Dianne Feinstein,
"I do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States." Do these words look familiar? Based on your stance on key issues I would say that you do not believe these words that you are sworn to uphold. Backing any new legislation for restrictions on law abiding citizens is a direct violation of this oath. The constitution is very clear that “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
Do the right thing and support the current laws that are being ignored by criminals.

njineermike
12-28-2012, 9:13 AM
lol....just please dont sue me. I spent all my money this month and im broke... how about we make a trade?

I don't blame you. Somebody was bound to think of it sooner or later.

daveinwoodland
12-28-2012, 9:13 AM
You guys didn't hear? a few years ago she had an experimental tightning knob installed under her scalp and she could give a few twists to tighten things up. Worked for awhile but then she had huge bags under her eyes that no amount of tightening would fix.

So she went in to the doc and told him the problem, and he said "well first off those are not bags under your eyes, those are your breasts"

"Well that explains the goatee then" she replies

The Right to Bear Arms
12-28-2012, 10:36 AM
As long as she will have something to suck from us that parasite will remain in power. She'll do, say and preach anything that will keep her in power. Someone needs to document her every move to build up a paper trail which will be used to expose and officially get rid of her.

R ecent published reports about our richest Congresspersons include California Senator Dianne Feinstein near the top of the list. Her estimated net worth– a whopping $46 million to $108 million. Nice . . . very, very nice . . . for her anyway. But where did this wealth come from? Putting the same question another way, how did a long–sitting United States Senator get so rich? Tracing the sources of wealth for a well known politican seems like fodder for a mystery novel, but in fact the real world answers where Ms. Feinstein are concerned aren’t hard to locate at all. Readily available evidence about Dianne Feinstein’s wealth creation can be found in her financial disclosure reports filed with the Office of Public Records of the United States Senate, and in a variety of investigative reports and analyses that have been published over the years and can still be viewed today through a search of the Internet. All that’s needed is for one to simply take the time to look, and pull the pieces of her life history together as a coherent whole.

Source: http://www.revolutimes.com/2012/01/06/how-did-dianne-feinstein-get-so-rich-part-i/

SGO: I think you're on the right track here. We must expose her for what she is. Additionally, the " drive " to introduce harmful legislation must be extinguished. Even if we expose her and kill the bill there will always be someone lurking in the shadows that will try the same thing.

SGO
12-28-2012, 11:05 AM
How does a citizen go about trying to remove a senator or at least get them censured?

If your state has a Recall provision in its Constitution (like California) you can can institute a petition for that. The best you can get with that, of course, is the two senators from your state. It's difficult but, if you have enough support, you can get it on the ballot and vote the (bleep) out.

On the national level you can try to get the House of Representatives to impeach a Senator if you can make a case for High Crimes and Misdemeanors. Or try to get the Senate itself to censure him or her for misconduct.

myk
12-28-2012, 11:06 AM
You do know she has a concealed carry permit right?

Why doesn't the media call her out on that. Maybe all her followers would think different

Media won't call her out because she's a 'Dem/Lib, and they cater to those types. Additionally, she apparently NEEDS the ability to protect herself or her loved ones; WE DON'T...:facepalm:

njineermike
12-28-2012, 11:10 AM
I wonder if we could get the NOW to see restricting access to firearms as a women's protection issue?

fanof1911forlife
12-28-2012, 8:04 PM
I'm a little confused. Why and how did Feinstein keeps getting re-elected?

ewarmour
12-28-2012, 8:49 PM
May have better off with:

Dear Hag,

You are a brain dead old skank - please resign, your dementia is getting bad.

I hate you.

Regards,
ewarmour

marher
12-29-2012, 6:38 AM
Doesn't anyone remember how Ms. Feinstien got into office in the first place? Does Mayor Mascone & Harvey Milk sound familiar & the "Twinkie Defense"? Now that Twinkies are going away - maybe she should too!!!!

Dragunov
12-29-2012, 7:20 AM

do you have a brain?

- CA voterI have often wanted to send the following letter to Fein, Box and Pelosi:

Ms FeinBoxeLosi:

We will not give up our firearms. We will fight you in the courts, we will fight you coming, we will fight you going, and if necessary, we will fight you in the streets. Is this what you want? You need to get a grip on reality. You will lose.... One way or another.

Molon Labe!

I have this letter setting on my desktop. I read it once in a while, but haven't sent it. Perhaps it's almost time to do so.

artoaster
12-29-2012, 7:45 AM
Sample letter:

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

If you don't like the Second Amendment, repeal it. If you don't understand the Second Amendment read it. If you can't understand that the Second Amendment is meant to prevent individual's enslavement to government then re-read constitutional history. If you think your power is greater than the people who (unfortunately) elected you then you must resign.

The People will not be bound into slavery by the politicians they elect. We will and must abolish or replace any government that is destructive of the ends for which it was created.

The Second Amendment is as important and relevant today as the entire Bill of Rights. The musket has been replaced by the AR15 and all other semi-auto small arms in the role that was original conceived by the people.

Sincerely,

southsti
12-29-2012, 7:55 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vQMwpbSjC1A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Diane Feinstein talks guns in 1995

Here is the direct link to the youtube video

http://youtu.be/vQMwpbSjC1A

Root66
12-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Does anybody really think the intended recipient actually reads your letter?
More likely a staff member reads it and pushes a button that sends back a standard canned reply.

The anti-gun politicians are well known, they ain't gonna change...only the ballot box can rid us of them and, in this state, it ain't gonna happen any time soon.

NytWolf
12-31-2012, 7:30 AM
Here is my letter to DiFi. Feel free to use as your own after modifying to fit your situation. I struck some parts out, but left them here so you readers can get the gist of my letter.

Dear Ms. Feinstein,

I am not a politician. I am not a former U.S. Marine. I don't even own firearms. Who I am is a voting, law-abiding, naturalized citizen of the great United States of America.

And I agree that banning firearms can be a good thing. Firearms are, in itself, a form of evil. They are weapons of destruction. Firearms were made with one thing in mind -- that is death. But death to whom? The law-abiding citizen or to an attacker? Studies can be done to skew towards one argument or the other -- we all know that -- the various disagreeing studies on the effects of firearms studies prove that. But the Assault Weapons Ban you are planning is just purely wrong. Please let me expound.

Sit a hungry man down in a nice steak house and give him a plate with a big, juicy steak. But ban his knife. Yes, knives can injure and kill people. So let us ban his knife. Be it known that no matter how hungry, any proper gentleman would think TWICE and observe the other diners before grabbing that steak with his hands and gnawing away at the steak. Then there are those who care less of other's opinions would immediately dig into the steak with his fingers. The Adam Lanza's of the world are the people who would dig into the steak with his bear hands. Firearms bans do nothing to the Adam Lanza's. That is the truth, regardless of what statistics show.

When I came to this country, I cherished the freedoms this country was founded upon -- one of them protects the very tool that gave this country its freedom -- the right to bear arms. I became a naturalized citizen only to realize how eroded my promised freedoms have become in the hands of agenda-based politicians like you. Recently, I have become most concerned about my freedoms, especially my right to bear arms being infringed upon. I want to be able to own any firearm I choose; I want my children's children to be able to own any firearm they choose. Not just for hunting or sporting purposes, but for the very reason why you conceal-carry a weapon of death -- for self-protection.

Don't throw away one of my freedoms by passing an Assault Weapons Ban that will do absolutely nothing to stop the hungry man from his steak. Your Ban isn't about my children's safety -- it never was. Let me protect my own children -- leave my arms where they belong -- on me.

Thank you,

<Signature>

My Name Here

If you guys are writing letters to your politicians, know this: Letters need to be concise and to the point. You don't need to write a narrative on the background. You can assume background. Just tell them your thoughts, your opinions, how it affects you.

scobun
12-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Here is my letter to Jerry McNerney. The letters posted are almost always too long. Remember, you've got 1-6 interns reading these. They don't do anything more than scan and sort. If they can't figure out what you want in about 10 seconds, they toss it. The letter above talking about guns as a form of evil would be tossed into the SUPPORT gun control bin.

To be effective you need to:

1) state your position clearly and BE BRIEF
2) make it appear that you are a swing voter and a financial donor
3) let them know you are a one issue voter and will only be able to support candidates who take your position on this issue.

Dear Representative McNerney,

I am writing to you to express my OPPOSITION to any recent proposal of new gun control legislation. I am a registered independent in California and a very active voter and financial donor in our district. I sincerely, respectfully and with the greatest emphasis as you to OPPOSE ANY NEW GUN CONTROL LAWS. I am a one issue voter and will not be able to vote for anyone who supports further national gun control in the 2014 election. I will also actively support the political opponent of those who vote for gun control legislation with my vote and financial assistance. While I hope this proves unnecessary and I can offer you my support, I will be watching the outcome of the current situation closely.

Thank you.

Scobun

Horton Fenty
12-31-2012, 10:28 AM
How does a citizen go about trying to remove a senator or at least get them censured?

If your state has a Recall provision in its Constitution (like California) you can can institute a petition for that. The best you can get with that, of course, is the two senators from your state. It's difficult but, if you have enough support, you can get it on the ballot and vote the (bleep) out.

On the national level you can try to get the House of Representatives to impeach a Senator if you can make a case for High Crimes and Misdemeanors. Or try to get the Senate itself to censure him or her for misconduct.

There's a petition.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/impeach-sen-diane-feinstein-violating-her-oath-support-and-defend-constitution-united-states-re-awb/sdKKkKJ5

njineermike
12-31-2012, 10:37 AM
I find it more responsive to write my local reps. I even got some non-canned responses when I talk about 2A rights as all the local reps are very conservative here. I won't even bother writing DiFi. That's just a waste of time since she's on a personal crusade no matter what we say. She can introduce all the legislation she wants. If the majority doesn't vote for it, it dies right there.

NytWolf
12-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Here is my letter to Jerry McNerney. The letters posted are almost always too long. Remember, you've got 1-6 interns reading these. They don't do anything more than scan and sort. If they can't figure out what you want in about 10 seconds, they toss it. The letter above talking about guns as a form of evil would be tossed into the SUPPORT gun control bin.

True to that. It's not like our letters, if read, are actually going to convince our politicians one way or the other. They use it, if they use it, like a poll only. One bin or the other.

I wrote my sample letter above as a rant mostly.

Hopalong
12-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Any letter to Dianne Feinstein is a waste of time, effort

And a complete exercise in frustration.

Why?

Because she doesn't care about the 2A, what we think, or anything else.

She doesn't have to

She has been entrenched in the Senate for 20 years

Runs virtually unopposed, and gets over 60% of the vote

She has Carte Blanche to do whatever she pleases

The choices are, live with it, wait until she retires, or move

Personally, I wouldn't waste the ink on her, or give her the satisfaction of her knowing that she's a burr under my saddle.

And that would go for Boxer and Pelosi as well.

Happy New Year

Burt&Heather
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM
To prevent such senseless acts of violence, I believe we need reasonable measures to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, unsupervised children, and the mentally deranged.

Funny, I am not, have never been, and very likely will never be any of the above categories of people you wish to keep from access to guns. However your legislation completely strips me of my constitutional rights.

Gun control isn't about controlling the guns, it's about controlling the people.

Come to think of it, I probably was an "unsupervised child" at some point in my life...

EDIT: The suggestions to "write her a letter" are hilarious. Maybe the Jews should have written Hitler a sternly worded letter expressing their displeasure with Auschwitz. These kind of suggestions are why our country is in the current state to begin with.

NytWolf
12-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Any letter to Dianne Feinstein is a waste of time, effort

And a complete exercise in frustration.

Why?

Because she doesn't care about the 2A, what we think, or anything else.

She doesn't have to

She has been entrenched in the Senate for 20 years

Runs virtually unopposed, and gets over 60% of the vote

She has Carte Blanche to do whatever she pleases

The choices are, live with it, wait until she retires, or move

Personally, I wouldn't waste the ink on her, or give her the satisfaction of her knowing that she's a burr under my saddle.

And that would go for Boxer and Pelosi as well.

Happy New Year

Given up? :facepalm:

Hopalong
12-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Given up? :facepalm:
With her?

Yes.

If you want to bark up her tree, be my guest, amigo.

My efforts will go elsewhere.

Aegis
01-01-2013, 9:04 AM
I wonder why we don't introduce a bill to investigate how the Senator is alleged doing sweetheart real estate deals for her husband.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/21/senate-husbands-firm-cashes-in-on-crisis/