PDA

View Full Version : Do CA Shooters have to worry with new legislation?

lolkopter
12-26-2012, 3:50 PM
Hi all,

I've been reading some the great posts here and appreciate all the info on the future bill (TBD details-all speculation I know).

Anyway, my question that I have searched for an answer for is:

Given the current restrictions in CA (10 round mag, detailed AWB (see flowchart etc), 50 BMG etc) do we have anything left to lose?

From the initial discussions and fear I see in forums and comments most people are scared about losing high capacity mags and their AR 15s. In CA we have bullet buttons to lose, but I feel like the federal ideas are already mostly implemented in CA...

Am I missing something?

Thanks all

robcoe
12-26-2012, 4:07 PM
Yep, look up Yee and DeLeons proposed bills, permits and fees to posess guns and permits and fees to buy ammo.

Capybara
12-26-2012, 4:24 PM
You must not be on Calguns much.

"Do we have anything left to lose?". Uh, yeah, how about total disarmament, that is what the political leadership of this state is going for, the only question is how long will it take them?

SB47 and 53, research them, then make your calls, make your donations, put it on your Facebook, then pray.

Given the current restrictions in CA (10 round mag, detailed AWB (see flowchart etc), 50 BMG etc) do we have anything left to lose?

DannyInSoCal
12-26-2012, 4:27 PM
Yes. Everything...

vincewarde
12-26-2012, 5:20 PM
The next year will be very challenging. Most of the legislature would outlaw all firearms of they thought they could get away with it. Now the the Dems have 2/3 in both houses, with some arm twisting they can even override a veto by Mr. Moderate on gun issues, Gov. Brown. Welcome to one party rule - with the new primary election rules, this is California's future.

Yet another reason why our home in ID looks more attractive every day - as if the economy was not enough.........

Vlad 11
12-26-2012, 5:43 PM
Am I missing something?

Yes, you were missing Calguns.

Now you have found it. Read , Learn, Join the fight and tell your friends.

BigBamBoo
12-26-2012, 5:47 PM
But,but,but......everyone here on CalGuns says we are winning?!?!? :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Carnivore
12-26-2012, 6:15 PM
But,but,but......everyone here on CalGuns says we are winning?!?!? :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Exactly..if this is winning I would hate to see what loosing is.

To the OP, no matter what happens in this state we will always have something to worry about from the gun grabbers.

Librarian
12-26-2012, 7:44 PM

Exactly..if this is winning I would hate to see what loosing is.

To the OP, no matter what happens in this state we will always have something to worry about from the gun grabbers.

Worry, yes.

But this complaint about winning/losing sounds like the Brown vs Board of Education supporters in 1951.

jpigeon
12-26-2012, 8:43 PM
Anytime a democrat reaches for a pen a we should cover our eyes...

chris
12-26-2012, 9:19 PM
The guvner will save us not to worry.

hahaahahhaah EPIC FAIL.

everyday we have to worry especially now with the dems in total control of this state.

vector16
12-26-2012, 9:23 PM
We in CA have more to worry about than the rest of the country. We have more gang bangers here than anywhere else that are just waiting for us all to be unarmed. We also have to worry about taxes and the economy. When people start losing more and more jobs because Obama is taxing the hell out of you employers thgey will start having to let people go because their profit margins are going to wither away. Now this is goin to happen either way. If the president get what he wants we are screwed. If he does not we are screwed. Taxes are going to go up and paychecks are going to decrease for EVERYONE no matter what happens.

lolkopter
12-26-2012, 9:29 PM
wow, thanks all! I am honored to have so many responses, especially by senior members and a moderator :)

I did see the post by the Librarian on the bill by Yee, but it did not seem to have much information yet. I did not think about taxes and permits.

Part of me felt like that since this was a federal issue, the restrictions would not be as severe as complete gun bans or extreme taxation (since those would impact gun loving states and hopefully pass).

I assumed some milder federal law was being discussed that focused on AWBs that seemed nearly identical to what we already have in CA. If there is separate state legislature that is taking place that would be in addition to current regulations that is definitely no bueno also.

Nxd9ar15xcrL
12-26-2012, 9:44 PM
wow, thanks all! I am honored to have so many responses, especially by senior members and a moderator :)

I did see the post by the Librarian on the bill by Yee, but it did not seem to have much information yet. I did not think about taxes and permits.

Part of me felt like that since this was a federal issue, the restrictions would not be as severe as complete gun bans or extreme taxation (since those would impact gun loving states and hopefully pass).

I assumed some milder federal law was being discussed that focused on AWBs that seemed nearly identical to what we already have in CA. If there is separate state legislature that is taking place that would be in addition to current regulations that is definitely no bueno also.

Welcome to the land of the educated, and Scared!