PDA

View Full Version : Those Chicom C&R SKS Are Shooters!

Bobby Ricigliano
12-26-2012, 12:41 PM
I took four of the Chinese SKS rifles I recently obtained from Classic and J&G out for some desert sunshine so they could stretch their legs a bit. I did not do any controlled bullseye shooting, but I did do some serious steel clanging on the steel plates a friend brought.

It was almost too easy and routine with these beauties. None of the four needed any sort of adjustment to hit steel silhouettes set at about 50 and 100 yards. My shooting skills are average to good, nothing special, but it was still a great feeling to hear 'Clang,clang,clang....' Ammo used was all Tula, Brown Bear, and Wolf steel case. At least 100 rounds was shot through each rifle.

Anyway, that batch of SKS rifles was all WIN. They look good, they shoot good, they were affordable, and they were delivered directly to my doorstep. There were ZERO issues whatsoever with any of them.

The SKS love affair continues....

joefrank64k
12-26-2012, 1:01 PM
That's awesome, BR! Thanks for the range report. :thumbsup:

Standard
12-26-2012, 2:08 PM
Cool, I bought one from a Calgunner a few weeks ago. Stock isn't too bad, but there is pitting on the exterior of the receiver, and the bore is beautiful. Can't wait to shoot it.

steve91104
12-26-2012, 2:28 PM
Thanks for the report :thumbsup:

beerman
12-26-2012, 2:58 PM
I've been thru about a dozen SKS in the past 20 odd years and I've found the chicom arsenal guns to be superior shotters to even my Russians....Norincos are another story. Just my experiences.

hakenlag
12-26-2012, 3:04 PM
I've been thru about a dozen SKS in the past 20 odd years and I've found the chicom arsenal guns to be superior shotters to even my Russians....Norincos are another story. Just my experiences.

I thought the Chicom rifles were Norincos.

Vlad 11
12-26-2012, 3:15 PM
Anyway, that batch of SKS rifles was all WIN.

Very true. These Type 56 carbines are excellent shooters.

I had to raise my front sight slightly then it was dead nuts on. The bore is like new.

raised the rear sight and it was consistant at 200 and 300 yds.

The action is flawless ... the trigger is a little clunky and i have to shim my stock a bit

Loving this recent batch

paul0660
12-26-2012, 3:27 PM
I thought the Chicom rifles were Norincos.

No, just made in the same places by the same workers with the same materials.

nick
12-26-2012, 4:26 PM

But for a different market, and not necessarily with the same QC.

Bobby Ricigliano
12-26-2012, 6:29 PM

I can't say why, but the Chicom surplus guns I got feel heavier and beefier than my civilian marketed orange shellacked Norinco.

nick
12-26-2012, 6:44 PM
I can't say why, but the Chicom surplus guns I got feel heavier and beefier than my civilian marketed orange shellacked Norinco.

Probably, different wood, and a lot of crap in that wood.

TMB 1
12-26-2012, 6:52 PM

Its because they are built be rebuilt when they were worn out. The Norinco were built to be tossed when worn out.

Standard
12-26-2012, 7:20 PM
If I can find another one I'll buy it. I only jumped on this one because of the price, but I'm impressed by how cool it is.

miguelangel77
12-27-2012, 3:48 AM
are any of these up for sale?