PDA

View Full Version : NICS delay while purchasing CMP M1?

wecf
12-26-2012, 10:50 AM
I sent in all my paperwork to the CMP for a M1 and after a LONG delay I called and asked what was up, I was told I was put on a delay and after 2 weeks they canceled my order.
History; 15 years ago I was in a relationsihp with a drunk, one night she smashed a glass on my face so I called the cops. This was in CO. it is their policy to arrest both partys when a DV call is placed. No charges were filed, I was released to go on my way. 5 years ago I went to a gun show and purchased a long gun in CA and went through a LONG delay while the DOJ figured out what the deal was. Eventually they found that indead I had commited no crime and released my firearm. I have purchaesd half a dozen since then no problem.
So what gives? Is this just because it is in a different state and they have to figure it out? It feels like I'm being punished for doing the right thing all those years ago. The paperwork they want me to fill out is extensive and I do not even know where to begin to get it done. They want a "court-certified copy of a final disposition reguarding your criminal offense in order to update your FBI Criminal History Record" I commited no crime, no charges were ever filed, I have no criminal record beyond some traffic tickets and this has already been cleared so where do I go from here?

Mods feel free to move this if this is not the correct forum

Falstaff
12-26-2012, 11:16 AM
This is happening a lot, I bought 3 m1's the third was ordered just two weeks after the 2nd was approved and shipped to me. My third m1 was put on "NICS delay" no other expkabation, it shipped a week later. The only explanation is goverment employee incompetence, usually related to affirmative action IMO...
It will prolly ship within 10 days