View Full Version : Question about minors & self defence

12-26-2012, 9:37 AM
If a 15 year old kid was home alone and someone broke into his home would he be able to shoot that person if got his parents gun. would the parents be in trouble for letting the 15 year have access to the gun

12-26-2012, 9:38 AM

It's a legal use of a firearm. Exempted specifically in the PC.
29750. In enacting the amendments to former Sections 12078 and
12101 by Section 10 of Chapter 33 of the Statutes of 1994, First
Extraordinary Session, it was not the intent of the Legislature to
expand or narrow the application of the then-existing statutory and
judicial authority as to the rights of minors to be loaned or to
possess live ammunition or a firearm for the purpose of self-defense
or the defense of others.

25205. Section 25200 does not apply if any of the following are
true: ...
(f) The child obtains, or obtains and discharges, the firearm in a
lawful act of self-defense or defense of another person.

12-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Ok Great

Had situation x mas eave day my 15 year old son was home alone when a car with Missouri plates pulled into the driveway a large guy got and came to the door knocked then he tried to break down the door with his shoulder then he said to my son i see you in there and was banging on the window my son had grabbed his baseball bat and was hiding in his room but left his phone in the other room he was getting ready to go out his bedroom window if the guy had got through the door. then the guy got back in his car and left
I think this guy was at the wrong house wrong neighborhood I drove around the neighborhood when I got home and did not see any car with Missouri plates

I have taken my son out shooting but it been a while I guess I need to teach him how to load & handle guns and use them safely

12-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Interesting story... did your son dial 911, what was their response time? You mentioned that he left his phone in the other room, perhaps he couldn't?

12-26-2012, 12:04 PM
No he could not call 911 he said he panicked and ran to his room he left his phone in the other room

12-26-2012, 1:00 PM
Glad he is ok... I think we all are.