PDA

View Full Version : M6 Scout Question

HDoctane
12-26-2012, 9:39 AM
qustion i have a fellow offering me a springfield m6 scout and is telling me its C&R but i beg to differ with him and i am not finding any info could someone please help thank you

C&Rtrader
12-26-2012, 10:38 AM
99.999% sure that is not C&R. just offer to pay the PPT fee. should make no difference to him. If he refuses to go through an FFL.. odds are that gun is stolen.

smle-man
12-26-2012, 10:39 AM
It isn't 50+ years old so no face to face transfer in CA.

joefrank64k
12-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Not C&R.

The actual Air Force model was built from sometime in the 50's, but it had a short barrel (12"? 14"?) so you couldn't buy it in CA in any event.

The SA versions were made all the way to 2008. As others have said, just PPT it. If the seller balks, just walk away.

supermanuf
12-26-2012, 12:06 PM
I had a dealer tell me it was an AOW once and therefore you'd need to setup a trust to own one, but I've been looking it up and I can't seem to find anything to back up his claims. Seems GTG to me.

ClarenceBoddicker
12-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I had a dealer tell me it was an AOW once and therefore you'd need to setup a trust to own one, but I've been looking it up and I can't seem to find anything to back up his claims. Seems GTG to me.

Generally NFA weapons can't be registered "after the fact" except during an amnesty or if the weapon is newly classified like the Striker-12 & USAS-12 was in 1994. If you are looking at a real USAF M6 the owner should have NFA papers for it. Possessing an unregistered (to you unless you are a licensed gunsmith) is a serious Federal crime. If he legally owns it in CA he will also a Dangerous Weapons Permit. A real M6 that is registered is worth a whole lot more then a Title 1 civilian version. A legitimate owner will not sell a legal NFA M6 cheap. An AOW has a $5 transfer tax instead of the normal $200 tax. Sounds like a common Title 1 M6 or an illegal unregistered M6 to me.