PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Type 56 Question

slamfire51
12-26-2012, 5:59 AM
Has anyone heard of anybody ordering a 'GOOD/INCOMPLETE' Type 56 from Century getting it with major parts missing? (bolts, etc.)

ClarenceBoddicker
12-26-2012, 6:26 AM
A milled receiver SKS with a chrome lined barrel is hard to damage with normal use. There is tons of SKS parts floating around. If you are worried about having a matching number gun, then don't buy a parts gun for cheap. I'd only expect to get a barreled receiver in good condition (undamaged in working condition with little to no finish) & any other usable parts included would be a bonus.

slamfire51
12-26-2012, 7:57 AM
I have access to several Chinese type 56 stocks in very good condition.
I'm not worried too much about the wood. I'd just hate to receive one with major parts missing.

ClarenceBoddicker
12-26-2012, 8:25 AM
If you have an FFL on file at Century & an account, you could try asking a sales rep what the ave condition of them is. Stuff like that is a bit of a gamble, so price out the parts before you buy. A "good deal" parts gun can end up costing more then a complete on if parts are too much. I have no idea what SKS parts are selling for now.

yellowsled
12-26-2012, 9:19 AM
If you have an FFL on file at Century & an account, you could try asking a sales rep what the ave condition of them is. Stuff like that is a bit of a gamble, so price out the parts before you buy. A "good deal" parts gun can end up costing more then a complete on if parts are too much. I have no idea what SKS parts are selling for now.

Most people dont know this, but the sales reps are in Florida and the guns come out of the North East US, I think Vermont. The sales reps only have the information in front of them that CIA supplies to them. They cant walk down to the stockroom and see the supply, its 1500 miles away.

Evan

C&Rtrader
12-26-2012, 9:37 AM
Evan is correct... sales reps have very limited knowledge of product condition

Vlad 11
12-26-2012, 10:13 AM
From what i have seen and heard the incomplete are mostly complete and serviceable. with maybe minor stuff missing. Although there is a chance of rust pitting

Ordered a couple last week, im just hoping for non-rusty