PDA

View Full Version : Sold AR-15 lower receiver to CA resident

RTok
12-25-2012, 5:13 PM
I have/had an AR-15 lower receiver (manufactured by LRB Arms) for sell at a pro-firearms auction website. A person from CA won the auction. Many similar listings of firearms (or AR-15) indicate they will not ship firearms to CA. Thus, I followed the same pattern by stating "CANNOT ship to California, NYC, Chicago/Cooke Co. Il., or any other state or locale with restrictions on semi auto firearms or pistols.

Can I legally ship this AR-15 lower receiver to California as long as it goes to an FFL holder? I always verify the FFL certificate at the BATF website. I live in VA and for now things are way better over here! No bans, no magazine restrictions, we can own short barrelled rifles (tax stamped of course!), suppressors (Form4/tax stamped too), Class III machine guns, and many of us do!

Thanks for helping me out. Sorry, but California makes me nervous and that is just what your state officials would want!

Stewdabaker23
12-25-2012, 5:18 PM
As long as you ship to FFL here in Cali your gtg.

U5512
12-25-2012, 5:30 PM
FFL to FFL and you're perfectly legal. That is how our dealers get their lower shipments from in/out state.

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
12-25-2012, 5:31 PM
If is a stripped lower receiver you are good to go

RTok
12-25-2012, 5:51 PM
Thanks guys! Until I just researched this, I didn't think you could own anything. I'm sorry you have such restrictions. I hope it doesn't leave your borders! :)

Goosebrown
12-25-2012, 5:54 PM
Actually, thank YOU for checking instead of just saying no. We can own a lot here. The laws are complex.

Scotty
12-25-2012, 5:57 PM
If it is FFL to FFL,

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs
I am an FFL located outside of California. I ship/transfer firearms to California FFLs. Am I affected by the California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC) Program?

Yes. You must obtain a Firearms Shipment Approval number from CADOJ Bureau of Firearms prior to delivering a firearm to a California FFL. Consequently, you will need to enroll in the CFLC program to obtain Firearms Shipment Approval numbers prior to shipping firearms to California.

rromeo
12-25-2012, 5:57 PM
A lot of gun owners, and therefore customers in California. I ship quite a bit of stuff out there.

BraveUlysses
12-25-2012, 6:18 PM
Thanks guys! Until I just researched this, I didn't think you could own anything. I'm sorry you have such restrictions. I hope it doesn't leave your borders! :)

Thank you for coming here and asking in stead of saying, "No. Too difficult."

Really man, thank you.

Mendo223
12-26-2012, 12:01 AM
the only exception would be if it was a complete lower it would need a bullet button installed...

mrdd
12-26-2012, 12:04 AM
the only exception would be if it was a complete lower it would need a bullet button installed...

False. But, why are you complicating it? That is not the question that was asked.

Ron-Solo
12-26-2012, 12:05 AM

Incorrect. A completed lower is not a semi-automatic center fire rifle, therefor a bullet button is not needed. It can be used with a dedicated .22 upper without a bullet button.

GOEX FFF
12-26-2012, 12:21 AM

THANK YOU for actually doing a small bit of research rather than give fellow firearm owners and good CA people the shaft for something that's perfectly legal here.

We need more out-of-state sellers like you. :thumbsup: